shape
carat
color
clarity

Looking for Asscher Cut Diamond Online, $3000-4000 Range

_JM

Rough_Rock
The subject says it all--can you all please help me locate the best asscher cut stone in this budget?

Here are some specs:

Shape: Asscher
Size: Face up 5-5.5mm (this seems to be about .75-1 carot, but I am not 100% certain about that)
Color: H or better (this is something we're willing to compromise on in favor of other qualities, like clarity and size--also willing to go below H if it still is pretty white)
Clarity: VS2 or better

Thank you in advance! Also any suggestions on the specs welcome.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I posted this for someone else just now. So if you want it, jump on it.

http://www.jamesallen.com/diamonds/F-SI1-Ideal-Cut-Asscher-Diamond-1260282.asp I would buy this one in a heart beat if I wanted a beautiful well cut asscher that performs well. Despite the SI rating it is eyeclean and it is a beauty. With asschers quality is all about the cutting and this one is a TOP quality asscher. 4000. You will NOT find better. Especially if you need a 5.5mm stone.

file.jpg

file.jpg

file.jpg

You can see real life images of the diamond here: [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/dilemma-between-the-two-asschers.172652/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/dilemma-between-the-two-asschers.172652/[/URL] One of our members was torn between this one and another from a different vendor. Both were equally gorgeous. But she chose the other one, ultimately. And so this one is still available.

I can honestly say that if I was looking for a 1 carat asscher I would be on the phone and would have this one purchased before you could say "boo"!

You won't find a better stone in your price range. This one is a needle in a haystack.

emmy88

Rough_Rock
Hi Gypsy:

It's funny to see you repeatedly trying to get someone to buy this stone. I do wish that someone from Pricescope will pick it up. Since I did have the stone in my hands and starred at it for several days, I can honestly say that it is a very pretty, bright, and sparkly stone. It is also icy white since it is a F and has medium fluorescence. It was a very difficult decision trying to decide between this stone and the one I ultimately chose. This stone is very attractive, and I particularly liked how white it was and it actually did has more sparkles than the one I chose. I think I would be equally happy with this asscher. My budget for the stone was also around $4000 and this was a very good choice. I think James Allen is charging the stone $100 more than when I bought it.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
emmy88|1335928324|3185368 said:
Hi Gypsy:

It's funny to see you repeatedly trying to get someone to buy this stone. I do wish that someone from Pricescope will pick it up. Since I did have the stone in my hands and starred at it for several days, I can honestly say that it is a very pretty, bright, and sparkly stone. It is also icy white since it is a F and has medium fluorescence. It was a very difficult decision trying to decide between this stone and the one I ultimately chose. This stone is very attractive, and I particularly liked how white it was and it actually did has more sparkles than the one I chose. I think I would be equally happy with this asscher. My budget for the stone was also around $4000 and this was a very good choice. I think James Allen is charging the stone $100 more than when I bought it.

Good asschers are hard to find. Good SI asschers at a carat? Almost impossible. So I want it to go to a great home. That's basically it. When I know I have a winner, I like to see it settled someplace happy.

_JM

Rough_Rock
Thank you for your help! It's wonderful to be able to see the stone online and also in in-person pictures. I appreciate the feedback from both of you!

I'm wondering if there's anything that could be found somewhere in the middle of the budget just for comparison's sake. Are there any other stones closer to 3500 that you'd recommend, Gypsy?

Again, I'm grateful for all of your advice!

_JM

Rough_Rock
Thank you!

I recently contacted Good Old Gold, and I'm hopeful they can find something that's more mid-range--both size and budget wise. I'm actually nervous that the stone you recommended will be too big! I'm about to get a ruler and cut out it's shape to see :razz:

Edited to add: I'm willing to go smaller--down to .75/5mm if that helps with a search! Not sure if we were miss-communicating about that or not...

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
_JM|1335939158|3185488 said:
Thank you!

I recently contacted Good Old Gold, and I'm hopeful they can find something that's more mid-range--both size and budget wise. I'm actually nervous that the stone you recommended will be too big! I'm about to get a ruler and cut out it's shape to see :razz:

Edited to add: I'm willing to go smaller--down to .75/5mm if that helps with a search! Not sure if we were miss-communicating about that or not...

We might be. Let me see what else I can find.

No. There's just not anything well cut on JA. This is as good as it gets and it's out of square and a K: http://www.jamesallen.com/diamonds/K-VVS2-Ideal-Cut-Asscher-Diamond-1463059.asp And since I only shop by image/pics there's nothing else. GOG has a great history with asschers. So hopefully they will find you something nice.

Why are you worried that the F is too big? Is there a setting issue? I'm not understanding that comment.

_JM

Rough_Rock
Thank you again!

There's no setting issue--I don't have a setting yet, actually, but I just want something solitaire, set low, and that will sit flush with a wedding band. Not too complex, I don't think, so I don't anticipate problems.

I suppose I'm worried for no good reason, really--just thinking through whether a 5.6 stone would look too big on my hand and whether or not I'm okay with maxing out the budget.

I don't really own any jewelry period--and certainly nothing this fancy/expensive. Just want to make sure that this purchase won't end up feeling over the top and unlike me, if you know what I mean.

I really appreciate all of your help as well as your patience!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
_JM|1335940808|3185498 said:
Thank you again!

There's no setting issue--I don't have a setting yet, actually, but I just want something solitaire, set low, and that will sit flush with a wedding band. Not too complex, I don't think, so I don't anticipate problems.

I suppose I'm worried for no good reason, really--just thinking through whether a 5.6 stone would look too big on my hand and whether or not I'm okay with maxing out the budget.

I don't really own any jewelry period--and certainly nothing this fancy/expensive. Just want to make sure that this purchase won't end up feeling over the top and unlike me, if you know what I mean.

I really appreciate all of your help as well as your patience!

Well as someone who wears a one carat asscher and has poured over the pictures of any one carat asschers on here I promise you that as long as your finger is above a size three you are fine. They are generally modest stones that are for their owner's secret enjoyment more than anyone else's.

Also asschers REALLY do need to be at or above 5.5 for you to be able to see and appreciate the steps.

I would max out your budget ON THIS STONE. I don't advocate more expensive stones just because. I don't believe in that. BUT-- this stone is worth it.

Asschers draw your eyes in so they do looks smaller anyway.

ooo~Shiney!

Brilliant_Rock
I keep seeing this stone recommended and by G**
I
am getting talked into it !!!!

and I don't even want one !!!

I have to say about the size thing,
I have a 5 mm Tourmaline Asscher cut stone
in pink that I feel is well cut
and to me, it is beautiful
but
TINY !!!!!!
I will probably never set it, I don't' know what
I could do to make it look ok on my size 7 finger.

sorry

I can't relate to the "too big" comment
I REALLY recommend you cut out a paper model of a 5 mm square, clip the corners,
and see how that looks....
for whatever reason, round shapes in that size look larger to my eye
but hey, I am def middle aged and things need to be bigger for me to see them, I guess ! :???: :???: :???:

emmy88

Rough_Rock
I have to agree with Gypsy again. I was orginially looking for an asscher around 5.25mm. I have a .90 ct princess cut around the same size and it is plenty big for me. I am petite and has 3.25 ring size. However, when I received the first .90 ct asscher from James Allen, I was disappointed with the size, mainly because it was difficult for me to see the step, which is what the asscher is all about. In addition, compared to the same size princess, the asscher just seemed smaller, because like they have mentioned, the asscher draws your eyes in while the princess cit draws your eyes out. With the FSI1 mentioned above, at 5.6mm, I and the people I showed it to can see the steps much more clearly. Once I saw the difference, it was a no brainer to get a bigger asscher. Hope this will help you with your decision. Below is the asscher I finally decided on, set in a plain setting, because I think the asscher is interesting enough by itself.

asscher in grace.jpg

Grace 2.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
God I wish I had your tiny fingers. My asscher 5.86 x 5.87 (so larger than Emmy's) on my finger in a solitaire when was a size 5.5. Please ignore the awful finger nails, I was clearly insane.

file.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results