shape
carat
color
clarity

Looking for a round brilliant on James Allen

mears

Rough_Rock
I'm looking for an approx 1ct round diamond in the $6000-$6500 range. I have a diamond picked out from a different retailer that is AGS rated that looks really good from the limited knowledge I possess. I have looked through everything on their site and I did find some decent looking stones, but they were all GIA with no idealscope. The stones that did have idealscope images didn't look that great to my untrained eyes. I did talk to customer service and they told me they could have a few different stones inspected and get idealscope, but it would take 3-5 days. I would like to pull the trigger before then.

The reason I'm focusing on JA is they have a unique setting, I really, really like. I would prefer to avoid the hassle of having to ship them a different diamond and deal with the increased delay that would entail. Only stone I could find with light performance that looked good (to me) is: http://www.jamesallen.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut/1.01-carat-h-color-vvs1-clarity-ideal-cut-sku-296295 but it is a bit out of my price range.

Am I missing any worthwhile stones? Thanks!

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
One thing, you should also be looking just under 1 ct to avoid paying extra for the "magic number" . You can often find a diamond that looks like a 1ct without paying as much.
Also, you can take into account that you will receive a Pricescope discount, which will slightly lower the price, AND if you pay by bank wire, you will save more.

edit: and you don't need VVS1. That's something I learned here. You can go to VS1 or VS2, even, and still have a beautiful clean-looking diamond.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jimmianne|1394456813|3630952 said:
One thing, you should also be looking just under 1 ct to avoid paying extra for the "magic number" . You can often find a diamond that looks like a 1ct without paying as much.
Also, you can take into account that you will receive a Pricescope discount, which will slightly lower the price, AND if you pay by bank wire, you will save more.

edit: and you don't need VVS1. That's something I learned here. You can go to VS1 or VS2, even, and still have a beautiful clean-looking diamond.

Id go so far as to say you can go into SI and still find eye clean beautiful stones. A lower grading doesn't automatically mean there are inclusions you can see with your eyes

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results