shape
carat
color
clarity

Looking for a price check on a diamond.

ckehlzx

Rough_Rock
Hey all,

Just went and looked at a diamond and wanted to see how the price shakes out. Here are the photos of the GIA report!

img_1951_2.jpg
img_1952.jpg

The dealer is asking for $11,700. I really liked the stone but wanted to make sure it was a fair deal before I picked it up.

Edit: The pictures are rotated the wrong way, I'm not sure why as the the file isn't. Can anyone let me know how to correct that?

Thanks,
Cody

realazy

Rough_Rock
I think I won't be the only one that says a very good cut is not actually a very good cut.

It's rather deep at 64.3% depth, with a really high crown angle of 38.5°, and a thick girdle at 5%.

It has a poor spread (diameter for weight).

Most would recommend you lower to the color and up the cut.

This one looks like a good choice for you with strong blue fluorescence. It's even bigger than the one you showed and $50 cheaper.

Ask if there are any issues with the fluorescence and transparency.

https://www.jamesallen.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut/1.51-carat-g-color-vs1-clarity-excellent-cut-sku-2183107

I found this in a minute using the tool up top. there are many other choices with lower clarity grades and no fluorescence that may be better priced than this one.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cody....it's deep so not as big as it should and the numbers on this stone are far from what we suggest. Realazy found you a nice
looking stone...with an Excellent cut at a much higher clarity...do you have any upclose pictures of the stone you are looking at?
I would love to see the inclusions! That inclusion map looks, um, interesting. :shock:

ckehlzx

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the input so far. How do you determine if a diamond is too deep? Sorry, I didn't take a picture of the actual diamond. To the naked eye, you can't see any of the inclusions. I'll definitely continue to keep looking around at the stuff you've shown me so far :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results