shape
carat
color
clarity

Looking for a gorgeous ~2ct round

diamondyes

Brilliant_Rock
I’ve noticed Ritani has very low prices lately… can some of you sharp-eyed experts help me find one that should look good? I live outside of the US so returns are not preferred.

I’m looking for:
Close to 8mm
G+
Eye clean
Beautiful!

Thank you in advance for any help.

0515vision

Brilliant_Rock
Ok ... I'm jumping in just bc I love the thrill of the search, but I am a *newbie!*

I don't know much, but I think @Kim N may say the crown angle is too shallow on your pick. I think she likes 34-35.

Here's her post on her Ritani search criteria:
https://www.pricescope.com/community/posts/5214761/

You can tweak it to increase the carat size and adjust the color. The manual sort to find acceptable crown and pavilion angles is enough to make my eyes water! :roll:

And there's a 3% sale with LAB# until Valentine's Day (but you might already know that).

diamondyes

Brilliant_Rock
Ok ... I'm jumping in just bc I love the thrill of the search, but I am a *newbie!*

I don't know much, but I think @Kim N may say the crown angle is too shallow on your pick. I think she likes 34-35.

You can tweak it to increase the carat size and adjust the color. The manual sort to find acceptable crown and pavilion angles is enough to make my eyes water! :roll:

And there's a 3% sale with LAB# until Valentine's Day (but you might already know that).

Oh thank you! I did not know about the sale. I’m feeling unsure all of a sudden, I’ve been hearing that lab prices have jumped lately! Like, in the past two days. Wild!!

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
Oh thank you! I did not know about the sale. I’m feeling unsure all of a sudden, I’ve been hearing that lab prices have jumped lately! Like, in the past two days. Wild!!

Mine went up about 13% overnight so I went ahead and snagged it. It’s a MUCH smaller diamond but an increase is an increase. I’d say it’s partly because of their sale, and partly due to the Valentine’s Day demand.

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Yes, that stone is a poorly cut 60/60 style. The table and depth are both close to 60%, which can work with the right crown and pavilion angles and precision cutting, but it will favor white light over colored light return. This stone has very poor cutting, so it's leaking a lot of light.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, that stone is a poorly cut 60/60 style. The table and depth are both close to 60%, which can work with the right crown and pavilion angles and precision cutting, but it will favor white light over colored light return. This stone has very poor cutting, so it's leaking a lot of light.

yup, agreed!

0515vision

Brilliant_Rock
@Kim N when searching on Ritani, they only allow 4 compares at a time. How do you keep selections straight? Is there a way to bypass the 4-compare cap?

I wanna start playing Find Waldo Diamond-Style!

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
@Kim N when searching on Ritani, they only allow 4 compares at a time. How do you keep selections straight? Is there a way to bypass the 4-compare cap?

Ritani wishlist and Excel. :D

diamondyes

Brilliant_Rock
diamondyes, when you're online I'd like to post a few options for you to give you a chance to put them on hold if you like them.

Oh thank you Kim! I’m wondering if I should wait until March, or at least Feb 15, lol. Ok with you if I reboot this thread around then? I’m despairing a bit about the recent price increases! Oh well!

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh thank you Kim! I’m wondering if I should wait until March, or at least Feb 15, lol. Ok with you if I reboot this thread around then? I’m despairing a bit about the recent price increases! Oh well!

Oh sure, just let me know when you're ready to get back into it.

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Ha! I'm low-tech so I just open a new tab and paste the link. Their website is pretty annoying.

diamondyes

Brilliant_Rock
@DejaWiz and @Kim N - if I wanted to spend ~$650 USD on a round lab grown right now, what do you think is a realistic size expectation? This would be the amount I’d be ok spending on an impulse buy and not fret about floating prices.

My own quick look tells me I’d be in the 1-1.2ct range?

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
@DejaWiz and @Kim N - if I wanted to spend ~$650 USD on a round lab grown right now, what do you think is a realistic size expectation? This would be the amount I’d be ok spending on an impulse buy and not fret about floating prices.

Yep...and in that weight range, I found a G VS2 HPHT (no blue nuance) with extremely awesome proportions and angles, plus H&A designation on the report for just a smidge above that.

If you want me to post it, let me know.

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium

That's about right. I think I was just about to post the same stone DejaWiz mentioned.

I wanted to mention, though, that if you originally wanted 2ct and are now downsizing to around 1ct, you may always wish that you'd waited and gone bigger. In that sense, the ~$650 may be "wasted" now on something that doesn't quite fit what you want.

diamondyes

Brilliant_Rock
All good, @DejaWiz and @Kim N . Very good points but I’m a collector! Haha! I’m willing to take the 1ct lab off my check list and wait for prices to be better before I buy my 2ct :)

My husband saw me pouting at the price increases and said he would buy me a diamond for around $650 to tide me over lol! What a sweetheart.

When you post it, can I put it on hold until he’s done work?

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
All good, @DejaWiz and @Kim N . Very good points but I’m a collector! Haha! I’m willing to take the 1ct lab off my check list and wait for prices to be better before I buy my 2ct :)

My husband saw me pouting at the price increases and said he would buy me a diamond for around $650 to tide me over lol! What a sweetheart.

When you post it, can I put it on hold until he’s done work?

That's very sweet of your husband! Let us know when you're ready to put it on hold and one of us can post it.

diamondyes

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks you two! I’m excited! I really appreciate you lending your expertise. I’ll be sure to share pics when it’s done :)

diamondyes

Brilliant_Rock
Can y’all help me? The stone I got is 6.7mm, and the setting I’m looking at only offers 6.5 or 7mm… what to go for? Or will I have to do custom?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results