shape
carat
color
clarity

Looking for a fire cracker!

Sahar

Rough_Rock
Hi! Ive been on a diamond search for a few months. I’m in search of a real FIRE cracker! What are your thoughts on the proportion? It’s a 1.36 carat. Is the table to large?
D837D2CD-7B37-4936-BE75-84747EEFC0D8.jpeg .

anangel

Brilliant_Rock
Portions look fine on paper. I imagine it will score under a 2 with the HCA tool, but if it’s a serious contender, you should run the numbers.
Do you have any videos and pictures? I don’t think it’s a good idea to by diamonds by certs alone.

Sahar

Rough_Rock
Portions look fine on paper. I imagine it will score under a 2 with the HCA tool, but if it’s a serious contender, you should run the numbers.
Do you have any videos and pictures? I don’t think it’s a good idea to by diamonds by certs alone.

Not yet. I believe it was a .8 i have this for for now E4AC64B8-430D-4D7B-90F7-BB9576D6EF8B.jpeg

mwilliamanderson

Brilliant_Rock
Good proportions-check
AGS000-check
Nice looking ASET-check
Actual image or video?
Good return policy?

When you are satisfied with the last two I’d jump on it! Looks like a winner :kiss2:
P.S. The table size is fine unless it doesn’t suit your preferences.

anangel

Brilliant_Rock
Not yet. I believe it was a .8 i have this for for now E4AC64B8-430D-4D7B-90F7-BB9576D6EF8B.jpeg

So here is the thing about the HCA scores- they’re meant to rule out stones that don’t have complimentary angles, and you aren’t exactly shooting for a low score either (example, a .9 isn’t better than a 1.9). It’s recommended that diamonds that score between 0 and 1 not be used for rings- and your mileage may vary!!- because they may appear dark in certain lighting situations.
Read this thread if you’d like a little more info on low HCA scores : HCA under 1

Sahar

Rough_Rock
Good proportions-check
AGS000-check
Nice looking ASET-check
Actual image or video?
Good return policy?

When you are satisfied with the last two I’d jump on it! Looks like a winner :kiss2:
P.S. The table size is fine unless it doesn’t suit your preferences.

Thanks! I keep hearing 55% table is best for a sparkly diamond I haven’t actually seen a table difference in person =/

Sahar

Rough_Rock
So here is the thing about the HCA scores- they’re meant to rule out stones that don’t have complimentary angles, and you aren’t exactly shooting for a low score either (example, a .9 isn’t better than a 1.9). It’s recommended that diamonds that score between 0 and 1 not be used for rings- and your mileage may vary!!- because they may appear dark in certain lighting situations.
Read this thread if you’d like a little more info on low HCA scores : HCA under 1
3DF63D3F-70C6-417D-8795-AC27B3868A04.jpeg
Here’s HCA. It is for an engagement ring should i be concerned?

mwilliamanderson

Brilliant_Rock
First of all is this from a super ideal vendor? If so, stop agonizing, it’s going to be great. Even if it’s not, these proportions are typical in the best stones from CBI, ACA or BGD.

Hopefully someone will confirm my thoughts, but assuming the clarity and color are to your liking you can relax IMHO. I don’t think you can do much better.

Here’s a quote from the thread @anangel shared with you. It should help you feel better about that score.

“The HCA is coarse filter applied to GIA XXX to narrow the field to those having potential. That potential is confirmed by an IS or ASET, H&A (symmetry), and physical examination (video, in person, etc.). The HCA is not used to select a stone as 2 stones may have the same angles and score the same, but one may have highly variable angles while the other one are tighter leading to less leakage and greater symmetry. HCA is a rejection tool only.

You have a WF ACA branded super-ideal, AGS000. They are cut with extremely tight tolerances and have all the images needed to confirm they have ideal light return. HCA is not used to confirm performance, it is used to reject stones among the vast pool of GIAXXX. You are incorrectly using a coarse filter rejection tool for fine selection.” Rocky Salamander

Last edited:

Sahar

Rough_Rock
First of all is this from a super ideal vendor? If so, stop agonizing, it’s going to be great. Even if it’s not, these proportions are typical in the best stones from CBI, ACA or BGD.

Hopefully someone will confirm my thoughts, but assuming the clarity and color are to your liking you can relax IMHO. I don’t think you can do much better.

Here’s a quote from the thread @anangel shared with you. It should help you feel better about that score.

“The HCA is coarse filter applied to GIA XXX to narrow the field to those having potential. That potential is confirmed by an IS or ASET, H&A (symmetry), and physical examination (video, in person, etc.). The HCA is not used to select a stone as 2 stones may have the same angles and score the same, but one may have highly variable angles while the other one are tighter leading to less leakage and greater symmetry. HCA is a rejection tool only.

You have a WF ACA branded super-ideal, AGS000. They are cut with extremely tight tolerances and have all the images needed to confirm they have ideal light return. HCA is not used to confirm performance, it is used to reject stones among the vast pool of GIAXXX. You are incorrectly using a coarse filter rejection tool for fine selection.” Rocky Salamander

thank you! it is ACA diamond F Vs2 1.36 carat.

mwilliamanderson

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks! I keep hearing 55% table is best for a sparkly diamond I haven’t actually seen a table difference in person =/

There are several people here who love smaller table diamonds, just as there are many who love 60/60 stones. I haven’t read anything here that has convinced me of their superiority or necessity for good fire. Not that it’s wrong to prefer one. ;)2

I love fire too and all that I’ve read over the last 7 years here tells me the best way to get it is to buy a well proportioned, precisely cut stone with out performance limiting inclusions. Oh, and buy LED light bulbs for your house or apartment.

anangel

Brilliant_Rock
Dude, if it’s an ACA you’re good! They are extremely well vetted stones. Put your mind to rest- you chose a diamond that has already been vetted by the pros.
It would still be nice to see it before it’s set, but I’ve never seen an ACA that was a dud. ;))

Sahar

Rough_Rock
There are several people here who love smaller table diamonds, just as there are many who love 60/60 stones. I haven’t read anything here that has convinced me of their superiority or necessity for good fire. Not that it’s wrong to prefer one. ;)2

I love fire too and all that I’ve read over the last 7 years here tells me the best way to get it is to buy a well proportioned, precisely cut stone with out performance limiting inclusions. Oh, and buy LED light bulbs for your house or apartment.

Thanks you're awesome! I appreciate your help Silly question What is 60/60?

Sahar

Rough_Rock
Dude, if it’s an ACA you’re good! They are extremely well vetted stones. Put your mind to rest- you chose a diamond that has already been vetted by the pros.
It would still be nice to see it before it’s set, but I’ve never seen an ACA that was a dud. ;))

Thank you!!!! I've been going crazy looking for a perfect diamond. The only thing that will change my mind is an ACA 1.4ish F

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is an amazing stone! No need to worry at all

Sahar

Rough_Rock
I love this if a white crystal wasn’t right on the black arrow lol

anangel

Brilliant_Rock
I love this if a white crystal wasn’t right on the black arrow lol

You could always ask if it’s eye clean if you’re really interested. Since it’s a clear inclusion, it may not be terribly noticeable to the naked eye.

Sahar

Rough_Rock
You could always ask if it’s eye clean if you’re really interested. Since it’s a clear inclusion, it may not be terribly noticeable to the naked eye.

Thanks! I did it was a concern =/ my consultant knows me really well and knows it will bother me lol. Just praying for a unicorn!

Ceilimom

Brilliant_Rock
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results