shape
carat
color
clarity

Looking For a Butterfly Ring!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

msclaudia

Rough_Rock
I''m a newbie at pricescope, this is my first cherry poppin post! I hope to gain some help and guidance from all you knowledgable jewelry buffs
2.gif

I''ve been on the hunt for the perfect butterfly ring, I''d appreciate it so much if someone could point me in the right direction.

I saw butterfly17''s ring from sonia bitton and I love it, I searched for this ring online and apparently they re-released it in the summer of 2008, it is now sold out, alas I''ve missed my dream ring by a few months.
15.gif

I searched ebay to no avail.

I want something akin to Mariah Carey''s Van Cleef Arpel butterfly ring, without the designer price tag. I''ve seen the James Allen butterfly rings and I''m not crazy about them. I want the ring to be a substantial size (a bit smaller than Mariah''s, a bit bigger than the Sonia Bitton).

Does anyone know where I can find my dream ring? Or if anyone out there wants to sell a butterfly ring similar to what I want I''d gladly buy it from you.

MC%20butterfly%20ring.jpg
IMG_0296%20(2).JPG

Mariah''s Ring Butterfly17''s sonia bitton butterfly ring

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hmmm...I''ll keep my eye out for you. Have you tried department stores? It seems like the kind of thing they might have. Also, ust FYI, you can''t buy or sell on pricescope, so you might want to edit that part of your post if you see this soon (you can only edit for 20 minutes).

Welcome!!!

SereneSolange

Rough_Rock

SereneSolange

Rough_Rock
Just wondering, how''d your butterfly ring search go?

msclaudia

Rough_Rock
Date: 12/15/2008 8:25:05 PM
Author: SereneSolange
Just wondering, how''d your butterfly ring search go?
I feel like I''ve seen it all, the pretty, the pricey, and the fugly... I did a google image search and looked at literally hundreds if not thousands. Everything I''ve found online was either not to my liking in design, out of my price range, or bad value in terms of the price for what your getting.

I have my jeweler on the look out for butterfly rings, he said there''s gonna be few in this week''s shipment so I''m gonna check out his showroom and browse the rest of the diamond district to do some comparison shopping.

I really liked the butterfly ring in the second ebay link you sent me but the seller is shady... I asked for a picture of the ring on someone''s hand and they responded that they couldn''t take pictures of the ring.. but to try to "sweeten the pot" they said something like "it''s one of a kind gorgeous ring, and it will be custom made just for you" Sounded like a lot of BS, especially since the listing said that they had all sizes of the ring up to a 10... Something about the ebay seller gave me that "shopping on canal street" feeling... I told them no pictures, no purchase and added "How do you know it''s such a gorgeous ring if you don''t even have it in front of you?"... They never responded
27.gif
I checked the seller''s feedback score which was pretty prisitine 100-99% but I noticed that they hadn''t sold anything since April, and the items they sold were cheap non-jewelry items so that in itself was warning sign to me. Even with feedback scores, there are so many shady ebay sellers out there!

Don''t get me wrong, my favorite jewelry purchases have been from ebay (like the ring in my avatar) and I love the no pressure shopping, but I''ve been lucky enough to deal with only reputable sellers... There''s a a few ebay power sellers/ebay stores that are NY diamond district jewelers, and they are my favorite of all the jewelers I''ve dealt with so far, not only do they have a great design selection, they also have give you good prices because both ebay and the diamond district are so competitve... Ever since I''ve been dealing with them I find myself laughing at the retail prices in B&M stores. I also like them because they''re eager to please, whatever I want or am looking for they can source it for me or make it for me, I dig that
31.gif

wow that was long. Better end this with some pics
4.gif

Here are some of the better looking butterfly rings I found online

Diamonds, sapphires, rubies. I wasn''t looking for something this colorful but it''s sooooo pretty

colorbutterfly.jpg

msclaudia

Rough_Rock
the wings flap on this sucker!

diamondbydesignbutterfly.jpg

msclaudia

Rough_Rock
This one double as a pendant. It was in my price range but just not exactly what I was looking for. still a looker though

HSNbutterfly.jpg

msclaudia

Rough_Rock
this is the one I really want but it''s too expensive for what it is... comes in white gold too

rothembutterflygold.jpg

msclaudia

Rough_Rock
It''s silver with no diamonds but the intricacy and design make it something special.

kimberleydesignbutterfly.jpg

msclaudia

Rough_Rock
I like the idea of this open butterfly ring, it''s huge but still very pretty, andd of course if I had it my way it''d be dripping with micropave. eye catching!

agrigento_goldbutterfly.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results