color
clarity

Looking for a big tsavorite

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Does this mean you are buying the paraiba then??? :twisted2:

welll....... it could be that I bought it, yes :whistle:

It will be continuing to live with Yvonne until I decide on a setting. I didn't want to keep it in my hotel room or pack it somewhere in my luggage for the return flight since I can't insure it for that - much better that it stays with her and if I decide on one of her settings that's easy and if I decide on a setting from someone else it can be shipped insured. I theoretically have a few days as a return period but unless I magically find something of this size/quality or better at a better price, that won't be happening... the stone alone is more than what I spent on any other single piece in my collection though - including my engagement ring - so I am kind of stressing about it and when I first posted I was a bit in shock that I actually bought it and couldn't handle saying so straight out, lol.

But the way I thought of it was this - if I pass on this paraiba that has a color I LOVE at a great size, even if it is included, and then I never find one I can afford again, I would be kicking myself tremendously. Forever. Every time I saw another I'd probably be bitter. BUT if I buy this paraiba and within the next couple of weeks to years find one that is better at a better price, I will probably just shrug and say "c'est la vie, I made the decision that seemed good at the time and I have a thing I like."

Attachments

• IMG_4622.jpg
    IMG_4622.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_4623.jpg
    IMG_4623.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 72

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
welll....... it could be that I bought it, yes :whistle:

It will be continuing to live with Yvonne until I decide on a setting. I didn't want to keep it in my hotel room or pack it somewhere in my luggage for the return flight since I can't insure it for that - much better that it stays with her and if I decide on one of her settings that's easy and if I decide on a setting from someone else it can be shipped insured. I theoretically have a few days as a return period but unless I magically find something of this size/quality or better at a better price, that won't be happening... the stone alone is more than what I spent on any other single piece in my collection though - including my engagement ring - so I am kind of stressing about it and when I first posted I was a bit in shock that I actually bought it and couldn't handle saying so straight out, lol.

But the way I thought of it was this - if I pass on this paraiba that has a color I LOVE at a great size, even if it is included, and then I never find one I can afford again, I would be kicking myself tremendously. Forever. Every time I saw another I'd probably be bitter. BUT if I buy this paraiba and within the next couple of weeks to years find one that is better at a better price, I will probably just shrug and say "c'est la vie, I made the decision that seemed good at the time and I have a thing I like."

In that case, I'm super excited for you...and a wee bit (a lotta bit) envious as well. :mrgreen2: I've noticed that the price of this material just keeps going up and up. I doubt that's going to be changing anytime soon. I can't wait to see what you do with it and I'll be here waiting to salivate over any and all pics related to it. :drool:

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
IMG_4623.jpg IMG_4622.jpg

A couple crappy hotel room pics of the pear tsavorite - I like the color a lot when it's not right next to the insanely good one, lol.

Attachments

• IMG_4625.jpg
    IMG_4625.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_4617.jpg
    IMG_4617.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 34

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
In that case, I'm super excited for you...and a wee bit (a lotta bit) envious as well. :mrgreen2: I've noticed that the price of this material just keeps going up and up. I doubt that's going to be changing anytime soon. I can't wait to see what you do with it and I'll be here waiting to salivate over any and all pics related to it. :drool:

When I get back home I'll start a setting thread for it. idk what I want but I'd like to make the decision quickly rather than doing what I normally do, which is waiting 3-5 years.

I guess if I really can't decide, I can set it in the camellia ring with no sidestones and just change it later, just to have a fast easy option.

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So... gguys.... I hadn't taken the tsavorites out to look at in the sunlight until I was showing a friend of mine who used to be a jeweler a few days ago.

Remember how everyone (including me) thought the pear was of considerably lesser color? Turns out that's not the case in sunlight. This is VERY ACCURATE on my screen to how it is in real life. EVERYONE who saw these stones outside preferred the pear, because the cushion had bits that went black, while the pear... did this.

IMG_5531.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tsavorite tends to go more grayish in artificial light except for the very best material.

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So... gguys.... I hadn't taken the tsavorites out to look at in the sunlight until I was showing a friend of mine who used to be a jeweler a few days ago.

Remember how everyone (including me) thought the pear was of considerably lesser color? Turns out that's not the case in sunlight. This is VERY ACCURATE on my screen to how it is in real life. EVERYONE who saw these stones outside preferred the pear, because the cushion had bits that went black, while the pear... did this.

IMG_5531.jpg

Gorgeous! :love:

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tsavorite tends to go more grayish in artificial light except for the very best material.

I don't think I've seen any of mine have such a huge transformation. This one has tiny, evenly-distributed inclusions that don't quite make it sleepy but almost do so I was wondering if that contributed. The cushion tsavorite in strong lighting tends to look blacker instead of glowing green... dunno why my fingers turned out so pink in the second pic, but the tsavorite color is accurate to what I saw. My hand color is wrong though, lol.

IMG_5535.jpg IMG_5536 (1).jpg

My husband says I need either a hand model or to use a skin-smoothing filter because my hands have "too much skin look." :confused::confused::confused: I think they have the appropriate amount of skin? They're entirely covered by it, which I am given to understand is normal in humans. :cheeky:

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Taking a page from @Rfisher 's book, I've done mockups of what I am thinking for the tsavorites:

For the pear, just a basic halo pendant:
pearmicropavependant copy.jpg

For the cushion, I kept thinking something vaguely leafy/natural, and kept sketching random things until I realized what I was sketching was an amalgam of some Megan Thorne designs. I like the picture frame main setting, the Marina sides, and would want the diamonds on the sides replaced with gold balls to match the ones on the corner of the picture frame. I'm not sure if Megan Thorne sets outside stones/does custom work but I've emailed to find out!
mthorneidea.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results