shape
carat
color
clarity

Looking at buying a diamond (pics)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/22/2009 10:33:51 AM
Author: Wink

Date: 2/20/2009 2:01:10 PM
Author: Lorelei

Date: 2/20/2009 1:10:55 PM

Author: Postie

I have the diamond pictured in post 1 coming to me tomorrow.

GIA Certs for the other two will be here on Monday.

The IdealScope dealer in the UK no longer supplies them
7.gif

I will keep an eye out!

What a pity about not being able to get IS in the UK easily.

I do not know if he will sell them, but I believe Paul Slegers in Antwerp has some IdealScopes. He posts here as Paul Antwerp. You might also contact Dr. Indira Marchant in London, she may have some there at her office.

Wink
Good thinking, thanks Wink!

Postie

Rough_Rock
Trade
Thanks wink, I will give them a go. IdealScoping seems like a great idea.

I''ll find it difficult to return the diamond as it seem great value and I know that in most settings this would result in looking "eye-clean" - it''s just a shame that I like different type of setting.

The 0.80ct GIA one mentioned earlier in this thread is some $2000, whilst this 1.10ct diamond is just $1000.

I will have a gemologist look at it tomorrow when I can also compare to some others.

Postie

Rough_Rock
Trade
Whilst the diamond held its own in terms of cut/sparkle next to a GIA VG, I am going to return it. I tried to convice myself to keep it, but effectively would I give something that was "imperfect" to my loved one as a token of my love? No.

I''ll be visiting the Hatton Gardens area in London to see if there is anything nice there to pick up, using BlueNile and 77Diamonds as price references.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results