shape
carat
color
clarity

Lookee what I got in the mail today!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock

100_12901.jpg

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock

100_12941.jpg

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock

100_12961.jpg

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
k last one I promise

100_12991.jpg

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/31/2009 6:01:51 PM
Author: MakingTheGrade
I think it''s very pretty, but I see what you''re saying about it being more pink than blue. I say go with your gut :)

Also, where did you get that ring holder thingy? It looks fun!

Thanks MTG! D&T sent it along w/the stones she sent me to help with my "what size do I want" quandry!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
packrat - The more I see that spinel the more I like it. I think it is a lovely color. Be sure to check it in different lighting. I remember my jeweler saying he quit carrying spinel because most stones changed color so much in different lighting that customers kept returning the jewelry.

litebrite

Shiny_Rock
I really like the spinel and it looks like a nice size. Where can I buy a ringholder? I don''t want to smudge up my stones.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks Litebrite! I''ve no clue where to get the ring holder..I''m sure someone else on here does tho!

Flygirl..hehe I''ve been wearing it all over in the ring dealie. Glad our backyard is fenced in and the neighbors can''t see me outside wandering around staring at my hand! I think we have different bulbs in each of our rooms and it''s fun to see how the color changes.

PinkTower

Brilliant_Rock
It is beautiful. Cushions are my favorite shape, and I love the color.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Almost all spinels will colour shift a little depending on the light source, some more than others. Take your time but be CAREFUL with the stone holder. If it is tilted a little, it can pop out and scratch/chip a facet or two in the process.

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty!!!!!!!!!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
so what do you think of the stone Pack? is it cold feet or is this the one? Its very pretty, have you tried aluminum foil wrap bezel to see what it might potentially look like? caution: attempt DIY bezelling over bed
3.gif

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yikes-thanks for telling me that Chrono!

I emailed Dana last night (too much caffeine..it was a novel), and let him know I would like to keep it. I stayed up last night to talk to JD at his break (he''s working dumb hours again) and got the stone back out again, and took a ton more pictures.

Soooo now I have a question about what bezeling will do to the colors. I''m going to break out the tinfoil shortly, ala D&T (hehe). Will the color shifting be affected badly?

And what color metal do you think? White? Unplated?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/1/2009 12:27:49 PM
Author: packrat
Yikes-thanks for telling me that Chrono!

I emailed Dana last night (too much caffeine..it was a novel), and let him know I would like to keep it. I stayed up last night to talk to JD at his break (he''s working dumb hours again) and got the stone back out again, and took a ton more pictures.

Soooo now I have a question about what bezeling will do to the colors. I''m going to break out the tinfoil shortly, ala D&T (hehe). Will the color shifting be affected badly?

And what color metal do you think? White? Unplated?
do you have any gold or rose color ring that you can put near the stone? I know with my blue/purple spinel it looked better in white metal, but it really depends though, if you want more of the blue to come out, mabye white metal? if more of the lavendar/purple to come out, maybe yellow or rose gold?

Novel

Brilliant_Rock
Packrat, I''m a serious lurker but have been following your saga with bated breath, and had to jump in to say that its gorgeous! I''m so excited for you that you''re keeping it, that you found it!

I vote for white gold and would have to see the unplated next to it to see what its like... Yay for your stone!

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ooo Chrono, that''s a really pretty color! Great price too!

I''m leaning towards white gold I think. I was originally going for yellow..then it was unplated wg w/rose gold accents. Who knows what I''ll end up with haha! I will do the makeshift bezel and take pictures with yg and wg to see the differences. I don''t have any rose gold.

At first I was unsure about the pinkness to it and wanted something more blue..but now this just means I can look for a blue stone..I''ve already asked Dana about it. Might not be for a while, and it won''t get set for a while after that, but I''ve really come to enjoy the process of looking for the stone! I kinda wish I had more fingers.

This hosta was a last minute light bulb above my head last week when I was out watering. (well, not this exact picture, I got this from google-but I was looking at our hostas) I''ve always adored the delicate pink/purple/blue of these blooms. I sent the picture to Dana and he thought it was a pretty good match, and so do I.

Thanks Novel, for chiming in! You should de-lurk more often!

HostaFujibotan06-1-2bigger.jpg

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
I took some pictures w/some of my other rings today to get an idea of which would be better. 3 yg and 3 wg.

100_13761.jpg

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock

100_13841.jpg

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock

100_13961.jpg

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock

100_13931.jpg

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock

100_13941.jpg

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock

100_13951.jpg

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Not the best pictures, but all I could manage today. The head of the 3 stone in wg is rose gold.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Packrat, that lavender is killer! I love it!!!!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I"m liking the white gold a little more with it. What do you think?

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks LTP! It seemed so pink yesterday..then today I had JD help me take pictures w/the rings outside b/c it was bordering on windy-and all the pictures are lavender. It''s so odd-in a good way! I could hardly bear to put it away last night!

Here''s Coati''s unplated JM.

unplatedcoati.jpg

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
AJ''s yg cushion JM.

ajygjmcushion.JPG

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hey D&T! I should learn to refresh before I post-I miss people otherwise.

I''m leaning towards white as well. I''ve been bouncing back and forth between yellow and white, but I think white is winning out. Do you think unplated or plated?

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nice cushion spinel Packrat. I love Dana''s cutting on it!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results