carat
color
clarity

Long-winded story and request for advice / opinions

maxbookworm

Rough_Rock
athenaworth|1312137067|2981141 said:
I love your 20's band with your ering.

Thanks athena. I wasn't sure if it worked, but love that I can wear it that way for a while and see how I feel about it :) This is fun!

melave

Shiny_Rock
oh wow they are all so pretty!! i love your beverly k inspired band. Lovely

If you don't mind me asking, how long did it take from when you placed the order with adzia until she sent you pictures of it? i ordered a ring from her nearly 2 weeks ago and haven't heard a thing. I know i should be more patient, but i am so looking forward to seeing it :)

maxbookworm

Rough_Rock
Hi melave,

I think it was right around 2 weeks. I'm sure you'll hear from her soon! I actually ended up sending mine back to her and paying some extra $$ to have it remade into a 4mm wide ring. I'm pretty sure I'll love it even more. Good to know I'll need to be patient too and wait a few weeks. It's hard being patient, isn't it?? What did you end up getting?

Just an overall update -- I've decided against stacking. The ring just don't seem to meld together in looks and it ends up being too hodgepodge. I've mostly been wearing my 10-stone on my left hand and the vintage ring on the right. I love how it's all cool and contemporary on one side, and old-fashioned and vintage-sparkly on the other. I did switch it up today, though, and am wearing the vintage ring as a wedding band and nothing on my right.

I know you all will understand when many other wouldn't -- it just makes me so happy to see those little diamonds sparkling away. I try to be very practical and unmaterialistic 99% of the time, but I have a soft spot for sparklies. I was actually thinking the other day how odd it is that, even in the 21st century, we enjoy adorning ourselves with metal and rocks mined from underground. And it makes us (at least me) so happy. Something primitive and fundamental going on there, I guess...

melave

Shiny_Rock
thanks for the reply Max

It's good to know that it was a round 2 weeks. Not long to wait!!!! I got a swirly ring in 18K yellow gold with the little diamonds in it for a wedding band. I got the 3.5mm wide as my fingers are stumpy and with the e-ring on, i wanted to leave a bit of real estate for an eternity band down the track :)
I am a bit concern it will look stupid with my ering as my ring is very square and sharp i guess is the word i would use? and the swirly ring is ...welll.... swirly :) Sorry its very early here

This new "hobby" is very hard for an impatient person like me :)

I know what you mean about the sparkles. My OH created a monster when he gave me my ering. I am seriously obsessed with jewellery and stones now!!!

Hey as long as it makes you happy and you aren't hurting anyone, enjoy!! I would if i had your collection.

maxbookworm

Rough_Rock
Ooh, sounds so pretty. I can't wait to see it :)

I wouldn't hesitate to contact Adzia if you're looking for an update. She is really nice and very responsive to convos :)

melave

Shiny_Rock
it's ready!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YAY!!!!!!!!
You were right Max. Dead on 2 weeks!!!! :D :D

maxbookworm

Rough_Rock
melave|1313795007|2994581 said:
it's ready!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YAY!!!!!!!!
You were right Max. Dead on 2 weeks!!!! :D :D

Yay!! You'll start a thread with pics when you get it, right?

melave

Shiny_Rock
of course!! ;-)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results