shape
carat
color
clarity

long-time lurker''s first post (just got Tiffany celebration ring)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

RxTechRN2b

Brilliant_Rock
Hi everyone. I finally signed up so that I could join the fun. I''ve been lurking on this forum ever since I bought a canary diamond ring 3 years ago. My latest purchase (last week) is the channel set round .33 carat semi-eternity ring from Tiffany and Co. set in platinum. I had always wanted something from Tiffany and Co., and I had also just ordered a custom Simon G. semi-eternity ring of baguettes set in pink gold (don''t have it yet) and decided that the stack ring I wanted to go with it should be from Tiffany''s. I got in my car and made the 1 hour trip to King of Prussia in Philadelphia to make the purchase. I only had the ring for a couple of days when a box arrived addressed from Tiffany''s. Here the sales associate sent me a sterling silver Tiffany and Co. pen! She remembered I had told her that I was in nursing school, and she thought I''d get a kick out of writing with the pen during my classes. I feel like a celebrity with my new ring, writing with the pen. I even went on to the website and ordered the matching pencil for when I take tests!

I got divorced recently after being married for 20 years, and since then I''ve been buying myself jewelry. When I was married, the only diamond I had was a .33 carat round set in a tiffany style yellow gold 4 prong setting with platinum prongs. My husband never bought me any other jewelry, and I never bought any for myself. But I''m almost 43 years old now, and life is too short to go without having something pretty to look at on my hands and wrists. The only thing I have that I can''t see (except in the mirror) is my 1 carat round studs set in 4 prong platinum baskets. Don''t wear a pendant. Since my separation 3 years ago I have added to my jewelry collection:

The new Tiffany ring

The diamond studs

2 and 1/2 carat round line bracelet semi-bezel set in 14 karat white gold

3/4 carat cushion cut fancy yellow diamond bezel set in 18 karat yellow gold, with a platinum halo setting. The round white diamonds in the halo and down the sides of the ring are set flush.

Longines Dolce Vita diamond/steel watch with blue MOP face and small seconds

David Yurman toggle sterling silver link bracelet with 18 karat yellow gold closure link

and I''m waiting for the Simon G. ring to arrive, they said it would be 4 weeks, so it should just be 2 more weeks. Then I''m done buying jewelry. I just wanted to make the first post as a way to introduce myself since I''ve been reading all of your posts for quite some time. The people here seem as excited about jewelry as I am. My family doesn''t understand my fascination with it, but I''m sure you do!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
So glad you came out of lurkdom to join the fun. welcome
35.gif

sounds like you''re acquiring quite the collection. I''d love to see pics of some of these beautiful sounding pieces..

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Welcome
35.gif

Your story about the pen is lovely - made me smile. And you don''t need a man to buy you diamonds - well done on building up your gorgeous collection!!

Maisie

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Welcome out of lurkerdom
35.gif

I loved your story about the pen. I shop at that Tiff''s too. Sounds like you have an amazing collection so far. Glad you decided to join us!!!
1.gif

Beeweaver

Shiny_Rock
You Go Girl! You have a lot of time to make up for. I think a piece of jewelry for every year you were married! LOL!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Welcome and please show us some pictures of what sounds like some very lovely pieces!!!! Congrats on your newest purchase.

doobao

Shiny_Rock
Welcome to PS~ & I''d LOVE to see your shinny thingy too!
3.gif

ebonykawai

Shiny_Rock
Welcome and bravo, you''ve got some great pieces there.
1.gif
Pics, we demand pics!
9.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Welcome!! What a nice SA from Tiffany''s to send you the pen! Nobody sent me one when I bought my wband from there!! LOL.

Would love to see pictures of all your beauties!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Welcome to PS!! Sounds like you have a beautiful collection. Congratulations on treating yourself. But you must know that we''re all about the pictures. Please share, pretty please?

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Welcome to PS!

And you''re right, life IS too short. You go girl.
2.gif

And um, you know the drill, you lurker. Pics!
9.gif

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for joining us - we''re glad to have you posting! Good for you buying some nice jewelry for yourself!!! And who I ask has better taste anyway? It sounds like you''ve chosen some classic and lovely items to enjoy. I recently made my first purchase from Tiffany''s as well so I can appreciate your excitement. Please post some pictures of your goodies for us!

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~Welcome to PS!!!!! I would love to see some pics of your collection!!!!!
2.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just wanted to add my welcome to all the others! I am glad you have found this hobby we mutually enjoy! Good luck with finishing nursing school!

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
Welcome to PS
35.gif

Membership price = Pictures!!!
Lots and lots of pictures!!!!
36.gif

RxTechRN2b

Brilliant_Rock
Hi everyone. Thankyou for the welcome. I know this place is all about the pics, I love looking at pictures of all of your pieces too! I don''t have any right now, please bear with me until sometime next week when I have time to take the pictures, load them into my computer and figure out how to post them. I go to school 4 days a week and work the other 3, and spend most of my spare time studying. Of course, I do take time out to look at this forum!

We had an ice/snow storm yesterday, and when I came out of work at midnight, my car doors were frozen shut. I tried everything to get them open, and then the pharmacist came out and tried, and I ended up trying to call my daughter (she had her cell turned off!) and then my parents who came out and opened it up for me. I hated making them come out in the middle of the night on treacherous roads, but I didn''t know what else to do. And then when my dad arrived, he just heated up my key with his lighter and held it with a plyers so he wouldn''t burn his hand, and it opened right up. I said, "why didn''t you just tell me that on the phone instead of coming all the way out here in this storm?" and his answer was that I wouldn''t have been able to get it open anyway. I think he was just happy that I needed him to help me with something.

That is something that I miss about being married, you always have someone who can help you with things like that. As a single woman, I''ve had to learn to do all the upkeep on my car, etc. Sometimes my son helps me, but he lives about an hour away from me, and he works 2 jobs, so I rarely get to see him.But getting back to the "hardships" that come with divorce, I never would have had the chance to become a nurse if I was still married. I always have to remember that good comes with the bad.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I know what you mean about the security of being married. My first instinct when something goes wrong is to phone my husband. As time goes on you will become self sufficiant..... I just hope when you meet the man of your dreams you are able to let him do things for you!!
9.gif

Its wonderful that you are able to follow your dream. Not everyone can be a nurse. Its something that is inbuilt in you and I am so pleased you have now got the chance to let it out! I am sure your children are really really proud of you!

Maisie

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/17/2007 12:33:15 PM
Author: RxTechRN2b
Hi everyone. Thankyou for the welcome. I know this place is all about the pics, I love looking at pictures of all of your pieces too! I don''t have any right now, please bear with me until sometime next week when I have time to take the pictures, load them into my computer and figure out how to post them. I go to school 4 days a week and work the other 3, and spend most of my spare time studying. Of course, I do take time out to look at this forum!

We had an ice/snow storm yesterday, and when I came out of work at midnight, my car doors were frozen shut. I tried everything to get them open, and then the pharmacist came out and tried, and I ended up trying to call my daughter (she had her cell turned off!) and then my parents who came out and opened it up for me. I hated making them come out in the middle of the night on treacherous roads, but I didn''t know what else to do. And then when my dad arrived, he just heated up my key with his lighter and held it with a plyers so he wouldn''t burn his hand, and it opened right up. I said, ''why didn''t you just tell me that on the phone instead of coming all the way out here in this storm?'' and his answer was that I wouldn''t have been able to get it open anyway. I think he was just happy that I needed him to help me with something.

That is something that I miss about being married, you always have someone who can help you with things like that. As a single woman, I''ve had to learn to do all the upkeep on my car, etc. Sometimes my son helps me, but he lives about an hour away from me, and he works 2 jobs, so I rarely get to see him.But getting back to the ''hardships'' that come with divorce, I never would have had the chance to become a nurse if I was still married. I always have to remember that good comes with the bad.
More power to you! What a great accomplishment getting through school will be. It will just get better and better from here. I went back to school later, too, and it was a life changing experience. I predict you will have a fantastic network of people and love your work. ((hug))

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Welcome to PS. I''ll look forward to pics of these lovely pieces.

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/15/2007 5:32:26 PM
Author:RxTechRN2b
Hi everyone. I finally signed up so that I could join the fun. I''ve been lurking on this forum ever since I bought a canary diamond ring 3 years ago. My latest purchase (last week) is the channel set round .33 carat semi-eternity ring from Tiffany and Co. set in platinum. I had always wanted something from Tiffany and Co., and I had also just ordered a custom Simon G. semi-eternity ring of baguettes set in pink gold (don''t have it yet) and decided that the stack ring I wanted to go with it should be from Tiffany''s. I got in my car and made the 1 hour trip to King of Prussia in Philadelphia to make the purchase. I only had the ring for a couple of days when a box arrived addressed from Tiffany''s. Here the sales associate sent me a sterling silver Tiffany and Co. pen! She remembered I had told her that I was in nursing school, and she thought I''d get a kick out of writing with the pen during my classes. I feel like a celebrity with my new ring, writing with the pen. I even went on to the website and ordered the matching pencil for when I take tests!

I got divorced recently after being married for 20 years, and since then I''ve been buying myself jewelry. When I was married, the only diamond I had was a .33 carat round set in a tiffany style yellow gold 4 prong setting with platinum prongs. My husband never bought me any other jewelry, and I never bought any for myself. But I''m almost 43 years old now, and life is too short to go without having something pretty to look at on my hands and wrists. The only thing I have that I can''t see (except in the mirror) is my 1 carat round studs set in 4 prong platinum baskets. Don''t wear a pendant. Since my separation 3 years ago I have added to my jewelry collection:

The new Tiffany ring

The diamond studs

2 and 1/2 carat round line bracelet semi-bezel set in 14 karat white gold

3/4 carat cushion cut fancy yellow diamond bezel set in 18 karat yellow gold, with a platinum halo setting. The round white diamonds in the halo and down the sides of the ring are set flush.

Longines Dolce Vita diamond/steel watch with blue MOP face and small seconds

David Yurman toggle sterling silver link bracelet with 18 karat yellow gold closure link

and I''m waiting for the Simon G. ring to arrive, they said it would be 4 weeks, so it should just be 2 more weeks. Then I''m done buying jewelry. I just wanted to make the first post as a way to introduce myself since I''ve been reading all of your posts for quite some time. The people here seem as excited about jewelry as I am. My family doesn''t understand my fascination with it, but I''m sure you do!
I admire you greatly for going to school. I would love to do the same thing. (nursing too)

Good for you. Please share some more about yourself.
Can''t wait to see all your (much deserved) treasures!

RxTechRN2b

Brilliant_Rock
Hello again. Sorry I introduced myself so long ago and then just disappeared. I took my last final this morning, so now I will have plenty of time to spend on this board getting to know you all. And, the best news of all, I passed my dosage calculation test - which means I don''t have to take the class this summer. I have the whole summer off before I start my clinicals in August!

Last night I traded in some old video game stuff my kids (now grown) never use anymore, and got enough money from Game Stop to buy a digital camera (so I can post pictures of my jewelry like the rest of you). I''ve never had one before, so I have to figure out how to use it, get some good shots, and then figure out how to get them into my computer and onto this forum.

Well, anyway, I''m just tickled that this semester is over and now I can play.
36.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Rx, congrats!!

Looking forward to your pics!

angeline

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/15/2007 2:19:08 PM
Author: RxTechRN2b
Hello again. Sorry I introduced myself so long ago and then just disappeared. I took my last final this morning, so now I will have plenty of time to spend on this board getting to know you all. And, the best news of all, I passed my dosage calculation test - which means I don''t have to take the class this summer. I have the whole summer off before I start my clinicals in August!

Last night I traded in some old video game stuff my kids (now grown) never use anymore, and got enough money from Game Stop to buy a digital camera (so I can post pictures of my jewelry like the rest of you). I''ve never had one before, so I have to figure out how to use it, get some good shots, and then figure out how to get them into my computer and onto this forum.

Well, anyway, I''m just tickled that this semester is over and now I can play.
36.gif

Yay for you! wht a great feeling, knowing you have the whole summer in front of you. Now get cracking on that camera!

a

RxTechRN2b

Brilliant_Rock
Well, I got 3 pictures onto my computer and I''ve been trying to upload them to the forum, but they are way too big and I can''t figure out how to make them smaller. My hand is HUGE in the picture, you can almost see individual skin cells, it''s horrifying! I don''t know why they are so big. I mean, they are something like 4000??? when the upload button says they are supposed to be 100??? megapixels or something, I am computer illiterate!

I know how to do research for my school papers and I know how to use WordPerfect to type my papers and I know how to print my papers, and that''s it. The pictures are dark and don''t show the sparkle of the diamonds at all, so I guess I''ve got a long way to go before I can give you guys a good picture.

Oh, and my camera only has space to save 3 pictures!!! What''s up with that. The guy at Sears last night tried to sell my some really expensive things that I didn''t think I''d need for my camera, but I guess I do need them. Some kind of a memory card. You''d think that for 2 hundred dollars, the camera would hold more than 3 pictures!!!

oshinbreez

Brilliant_Rock
What program do you use for your pics? On mine, I have to go to format and resize image. You can always send them to admin and she can put them on for you.

RxTechRN2b

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks, I think it uploaded! This one is a picture of my Longines la dolce vita watch and David Yurman bracelet.

ladolcevita.JPG

RxTechRN2b

Brilliant_Rock
Here is the canary ring. I know it''s dark and not clear at all, so this is just a hint . . . a litte teaser. I consider it the "star" of my jewelry collection.

canaryring.JPG

RxTechRN2b

Brilliant_Rock
And, here are my T&CO stack rings. One is a round diamond channel set half-eternity in platinum, the other is a sterling silver Elsa Peretti band. I ended up not getting the pink gold Simon G. ring because it didn''t look right with the celebration ring. The baguettes were set up on a head that didn''t show in the catalog when I ordered it, so it was sort of oval shaped, not the same perfectly round shape as the ring I wanted to stack it with. Instead, I went back to Tiffany''s and got the Elsa Peretti. The silver is so white and contrasts beautifully with the diamond band. I also got a sterling round lock charm for my yurman bracelet while I was there. I''m not planning on buying anything else for a long time. When I graduate, I might get the square cut celebration ring. But until then, I''m on a jewelry diet.

tiffanystack.JPG

oshinbreez

Brilliant_Rock
You have some nice pieces. Can''t wait to see more pics.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results