shape
carat
color
clarity

Long time lurker - Now it's go time. Please help a newbie find an engagement stone.

ariel144

Ideal_Rock
Yes, take it to a different vendor and get their opinion. From your last photos it looks clear to me.

To my knowledge, the only items in a lab report that would cause milkiness would be strong blue fluorescence (this is rare), internal graining, or clouds, none of which are showing in your IGI cert.

I bought my lab diamond at Ritani and I sent it to JA for them to make my ring. Their sale prices when they have their 25% off are hard to beat. They have those sales all the time. Not sure if you are aware of that fact. Great you can get it made locally. I didn't even try a local jeweler. I probably should have though.

Ritani inspects each diamond before they send it to you...did you ask them to check to see if they thought it was milky?

Last edited:

-Genuine-

Rough_Rock
THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!

Wow, all I can say! Everyone has been so kind and generous that words can't express my gratitude.

I have just spent the day getting quotes for my custom rings and every jeweler is floored by this ring. I even went back to the one that said it was milky based on the photos and price, and he was in aww.

Sorry for the million photos, but I appreciate all the feedback.

Deposit has been placed on the ring, and in 2-3 weeks i will be sure to post pics here and in bling.

This community really does rock.

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
-Genuine-, I am so happy (and relieved) to hear that your diamond left your jeweler in awe and that there are no transparency issues!
Congratulations on taking the next step towards a completed ring!

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!

Wow, all I can say! Everyone has been so kind and generous that words can't express my gratitude.

I have just spent the day getting quotes for my custom rings and every jeweler is floored by this ring. I even went back to the one that said it was milky based on the photos and price, and he was in aww.

Sorry for the million photos, but I appreciate all the feedback.

Deposit has been placed on the ring, and in 2-3 weeks i will be sure to post pics here and in bling.

This community really does rock.

I too am so glad to hear that the stone has passed with flying colors! Looking forward to seeing the ring!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results