carat
color
clarity

Long Term Jewelry Wish List of Stone Hunter from August 2007 updated

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
AUGUST 2007

“I really like these threads -- get me thinking!!! Oh and I get ideas from what you all post.

Set my RB Spessertite -- looks like it will be a plain setting with a little filigree

Several starlight bands so I can stack them www.starlightbands.com I just love these from the photos. A PSer has a thicker band and her photos are just lovely. OH wait I don't know if I'd want WG or YG...

Larger diamond studs

Possibly bezel set the studs I have in martini settings

A DBTY necklace

Turn my oval diamond into a pendant.

ETA: I want an OEC but I haven't seen the right one yet. So hard you really have to search for them. So it's not on the list it's kind of hovering over the list. KWIM?”

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a blast from the past! I took a few detours along the way.

I did set my Round Spessertite that was cut by Barry Bridgestock. It’s in a yellow gold Stuller setting and was set by a local jeweler. Purchased in August of 2007 and set in

spess_2.jpg spess_set_side_view.jpg garnet_outside_on_an_overcast_day.jpg

Last edited:

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not yet on my list in 2007. It took me until 2017 to buy and set Citrines and Spessertite Garnets into yellow gold Stuller earring settings. These are a bit over 5 mm for the larger pair and 3.2 mm or 3.4 mm for the second stud. These were bought from Mastercut Gems in February of 2017 and set by November of 2017. They coordinate well with my Spessertite ring.

Citrine.jpg
Citrine and spess (2).jpg Citrine n Spess set 02.jpg

Last edited:

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Last edited:

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
In 2015 I bought this Teal Sapphire from Mastercut Gems. It's 7.3 mm and in 2017 I set it in a White Gold Stuller solitaire setting. It has an unusual cut with very sharp facets that make it very sparkly. I've learned that all sapphires show some color shift. This one shifts quite a bit depending on lighting. It's thread is here https://www.pricescope.com/communit...d-brilliant-in-a-stuller-ring-setting.237073/

overcast_day_on_window_sill_sapphire.jpg overcast_day_next_to_window_sapphire.jpg Outside bright sunlight buttercream walls.jpg Inside halogen and incandesent lights.jpg

Last edited:

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Last edited:

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
In February of 2017 I also finally set my Oval Diamond into a pendant. There are several threads about possible settings for this stone on PS. Setting this stone required much thought and planning on my part. It is an item I wear almost every day.

Front view that shows off the milgrain.
Pendant front.jpg

Side view, which I find very attractive.
Pendant side.jpg

A real life perspective.
Pendant real life.jpg

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Since 2007 I've also purchased other jewelry, mostly Trollbeads. Both the traditional bracelets and the X Jewellery line. I found them to be quick easy purchases that boosted my spirits and didn't require much thought or planning on my part during a very challenging few years.

I also was given some family pieces during this time. This is a 20th century sapphire and sterling silver ring that I had refurbished in 2018.

french-cut-band-damage-jpg.611468

20180723_110951.jpg

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another family ring that was refurbished in 2018. It's a diamond set in a Yellow Gold filigree setting. Two different jewelers have looked at it and we THINK it's an early Transitional Cut. It's the top ring in this stack.

gold_stack_after_cleaning_inside_by_window.jpg

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you've been keeping track that's 6 rings either from scratch or refurbished and a pendant. Plus earrings to coordinate with one of the rings. As well as Trollbeads, a couple of other bracelets, and a few stacking rings. Of course there are TWO unset stones.

The stacking rings probably take the starlight bands off my list. The DBTY necklace is on hold as well. I am so happy with my Oval diamond reset into a pendant and it's sparkly chain.

In the second half of 2018 I plan on figuring out just how to refurbish some more family items and upgrade my diamond studs. The studs were purchased WAY before I joined PS and face up smaller than today's well cut diamonds.

I've started this thread about how diamond studs really compare in millimeters.
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/diamond-studs-different-mm-sizes-side-by-side.242201/

studs_1.jpg

Wanaka

Rough_Rock
Premium
I also was given some family pieces during this time. This is a 20th century sapphire and sterling silver ring that I had refurbished in 2018.

french-cut-band-damage-jpg.611468

20180723_110951.jpg

I LOVE this one, look at the patina and how the sapphires glow against the dark metal. How many new sapphires did you have to put in to refurbish, and was it difficult to match them up with the originals?

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful collection!! Looking forward to more updates!!! :love::love:

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A great collection and a cool journey! :)

meely

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Great thread! I love your lavender sapphire and your garnet. Also love your refurbs of your family pieces. Oh and the oval pendant :love:
What's on your wish list for beyond 2018?

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I LOVE this one, look at the patina and how the sapphires glow against the dark metal. How many new sapphires did you have to put in to refurbish, and was it difficult to match them up with the originals?

Thanks, it was a full eternity. Now it's a half eternity, which I prefer. So that simplified things.

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great thread! I love your lavender sapphire and your garnet. Also love your refurbs of your family pieces. Oh and the oval pendant :love:
What's on your wish list for beyond 2018?

Thank you! I struggle terribly when choosing settings so the pendant took quite some time. I'd like to set the Umbalite Garnet soon but haven't selected a setting. Next up will be making something from some damaged family pieces. That may take me well into 2019.

ChickityChicken

Rough_Rock
Not yet on my list in 2007. It took me until 2017 to buy and set Citrines and Spessertite Garnets into yellow gold Stuller earring settings. These are a bit over 5 mm for the larger pair and 3.2 mm or 3.4 mm for the second stud. These were bought from Mastercut Gems in February of 2017 and set by November of 2017. They coordinate well with my Spessertite ring.

it's nice to see some set citrine studs. I bought a pair of 6mm trillions last year from Mastercutgems and waiting in setting them. probly in silver filigree Stutler settings.

Citrine.jpg
Citrine and spess (2).jpg Citrine n Spess set 02.jpg

tkyasx78

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
What a beautiful collection!

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovely jewelry!! The stacked bands are gorgeous together!!! Oh the oval haloed pendant!!! That pendant is BEEEEEE UUUU TEEEE FulllllllLLLLLL!!!! Perfect size! Perfect setting!! Purrr fect Pendant!!! :love::love::love::love:

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Thanks!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results