shape
carat
color
clarity

Long hair to pixie cut? Advice wanted.

Smith1942

Ideal_Rock
Pozzum, here is some advice from a beauty book of mine about whether short hair will suit you. I'll post a number of screen shots- some are more readable than others. The book is called Feel Fabulous Forever and it's written by a couple of beauty experts who are from the Times. They wrote The Beauty Bible. One of them founded Green and Black's organic chocolate - Jo Fairley. Anyway, they are basically the UK's most famous beauty gurus and they seem to know what they're talking about.

gedc2293.jpg

gedc2294.jpg

gedc2295.jpg

Smith1942

Ideal_Rock
More, in case the first lot weren't suitable.

gedc2296.jpg

gedc2297.jpg

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Go for it! About 6 years ago I went from having my hair at my mid-back to my chin, from my chin to kind of a shag, and then to a pixie cut. I loved it! I had a ton of fun with it, and when I got bored I grew it out. I miss it some days (my hair is at my collar bone now), but I think a pixie is just a fun, cute cut.

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow thanks everyone, you have been very complimentary! *blush*

I will try the measurement idea too. Still have a few weeks to decide but will come back & let you know what happens after my hair appt. :bigsmile:

Smith1942

Ideal_Rock
Hi Pozzum, here's a great pixie wig I found for you, and it only costs $30. You could try out pixie hair before you commit. Although I do think you could absolutely pull it off, it will take you many years to grow it back if you don't like the pixie since your current hair is very long and grows slowly. When you're growing your hair, hairdressers tend to occasionally take off so much more than you want, and then there's the need for regular trims. It has taken me years and years and years to get my hair down to my bra strap.

http://www.especiallyyours.com/product/benita+wig+by+especially+yours.do?sortby=ourPicks&style=all&color=all

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
I've had a pixie for, oh, 17 years. I'm 47 now and rocking that cut big time. I had the Halle Berry before Halle had the Halle Berry :lol: . Mind you, I don't look like her, but I do have a small face and slender frame. If that is your picture, a pixie would enhance that lovely bone structure, eyes, and fabulous coloring.

I don't look like a little leaguer I don't think. I do make sure I add feminine touches daily ie. earrings, lippie, scarves etc.

Now my hair is coming in white and I'm letting her go as the cut is so slylish. I once grew my hair out, and then cut it off promptly. Everyone said, unanimously, that I had take 5-7 years off my age post cut. Not a consideration for you at your age, but it sure works for me :bigsmile:

Give it a go. If you hate it, hair grows. Lots of fun styles while you are growing it out.

Double-dog dare ya :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
smith1942, wow, that was helpful.......it reinforces why short hair jut does not look good on me.

Amber St. Clare

Brilliant_Rock
My mother FORCED me to get pixie cuts thru high school. I Didn't have the face shape and looked terrible. So I'm traumatized at the very mention of a pixie cut.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So??

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok I'm back but only to shamefully admit I completely chickened out and cancelled my hair appointment.... :oops:

I catch a train to work and often spend the time people watching, looking at hair styles etc. As I went to get off one day I saw this young woman who looked very similar to me in many aspects - same facial shape, weight, hair colour etc and she had the exact hair cut I wanted..... and it looked terrible. Basically she looked like a boy. :(sad It was not cute, classy or feminine in any way and it suddenly hit me that in all probability - THAT is what I would most likely look like with very short hair. ;( So I felt like I would suddenly look very very ordinary...

So I called & cancelled the next day and strangely I haven't really felt that bothered by it. Clear case of my imagination not really meeting reality. It COULD look amazing and yes, probably one day I will try it but not just yet. I also finally learnt how to get my hair up in a French Twist with just pins (no clips or ties) which helps to reduce the headaches whilst at work. :bigsmile:

Just wanted to say big thanks for everyone's input and encouragement. It means a lot to me that you took the time to consider this post.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HotPozzum|1374798204|3490412 said:
Ok I'm back but only to shamefully admit I completely chickened out and cancelled my hair appointment.... :oops:

I catch a train to work and often spend the time people watching, looking at hair styles etc. As I went to get off one day I saw this young woman who looked very similar to me in many aspects - same facial shape, weight, hair colour etc and she had the exact hair cut I wanted..... and it looked terrible. Basically she looked like a boy. :(sad It was not cute, classy or feminine in any way and it suddenly hit me that in all probability - THAT is what I would most likely look like with very short hair. ;(

So I called & cancelled the next day and strangely I haven't really felt that bothered by it. Clear case of my imagination not really meeting reality. It COULD look amazing and yes, probably one day I will try it but not just yet. I also finally learnt how to get my hair up in a French Twist with just pins (no clips or ties) which helps to reduce the headaches whilst at work. :bigsmile:

Just wanted to say big thanks for everyone's input and encouragement. It means a lot to me that you took the time to consider this post.

I'm glad you realized it wasn't for you before you went ahead and had it done. There's always tomorrow. For now it wasn't meant to be. And kudos on the French Twist with using just pins...wish I could do that!

Smith1942

Ideal_Rock
I was a bit worried about you, Pozzum! Your current hair is really long and you were saying that it grows slowly. I was thinking, oh nooooo, if she doesn't like it, that would be a really long five years or so to grow it again!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
haha thats ok! at least you realized before you cut it! I had a hairl length very similar to yours. difference is mine grows like a weed!
about a month ago i cut a good foot of or so, just because i felt too ordinary with long hair (probably the exact opposite of what you feel!! :) )

i left it long to allow for barrel curls for my wedding, that monday after i am cutting it all off! your (near) transformation has inspired me!

so im glad you did what was best for you! but you can live though me in a few months lol

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HotPozzum, your long hair is so beautiful, and I'm sure you would have been lovely with short hair too, but better to be at peace before you go under the shears! Are you going to do any cut though? The mid-length pics you posted were also quite cute.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HotPozzum|1374802875|3490478 said:
Missy,

I used these video's below to show me how to do the French Twist - although they both used hair implements to hold theirs (hair band etc) but as my hair is quite thin & long - I just did the "double twist" and used abut 6 bobby pins to hold it. Voila! :bigsmile:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6WLOhT5-nPY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6cjaX_rUuE

Ooh, thanks HotPozzum! I am going to check this out. I would love a sophisticated hairstyle as an alternative to my usual simple boring one!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results