shape
carat
color
clarity

Long hair over 50?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well I can say this, it sure plumps up nicely, and (no #$%@ here), it does not look thin. Sure maybe once in a scrunchy but not otherwise??

I'm coming over, mask and glove up. Put the kettle on. I'm a a hot damn with the ✂. I cut both son's hair. Sigh. If only...

That will be something to look forward to!! Along with the scalp massage. Pretty much the only reason I go to the salon.

Oh I wish you could come over! Lucky sons. :)

I'm in my late 50's, my hair has faded to a silvery blonde. For the last several years, I'd get my hair chopped to shoulder length every year after pool season ended. This year I was going to do it in August, just before our wedding. When I mentioned it to my now-husband, he commented that he understood the need, but had been enjoying seeing it grown out. So I went to the salon and explained that I only wanted enough cut off to get rid of the ends that were too dried our from the pool. I still had to lose about 4 or 5", but had been planning to have about twice that cut. So now it's between my shoulder blades, and my husband loves that I kept it. :)

Your hair sounds beautiful. :love:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
When I was younger, I always heard people say that long hair on older women ages them.
Now that I'm "older" I say....who cares???
Do what pleases you. I've had long hair and short hair. Right now it is shoulder length.
I might let it grow all winter and see how it looks in the spring.
My hair seems to be much thicker these days, I think the white hairs are much more coarse and add a lot of volume.

That is amazing @stracci2000. May it continue to grow in healthy and thick!

autumngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My hair is past my shoulders but I typically wear it up. I have dyed it for many years and sometimes I just want to go grey but I am afraid I would look so old (no offense to you that have grey hair) it's just me. I see women with grey hair and it's so beautiful.

LorettaB

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I have had super short hair forever, and like you, decided to let mine grow out some since I was away from work for almost 5 months earlier this year because of Covid. This is the length I can live with and it's just a touch longer than this photo. Let me add a funny story here. My (fraternal) twin sister decided to grow her hair out too...twin telepathy! Hers is dark brown (I always thought she was a blond!) with NO gray and just look at mine...but I do like the gray and our mother had beautiful silver gray hair. However, my "plus" is my hair has all the body. I just blow dry it and go. Go with whatever length you like. If mine were any longer I just don't think I could deal with it. IMG_6985 (2).jpg

Made in London

Brilliant_Rock
Oh Loretta your hair is gorgeous!! I wish mine was as full as yours. My own natural colour is now silver-white & has been for about 10 years.I started to go grey in my 20's

LorettaB

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh Loretta your hair is gorgeous!! I wish mine was as full as yours. My own natural colour is now silver-white & has been for about 10 years.I started to go grey in my 20's

Thank you! If I used anything like a straightener or a curling iron on mine, I'd probably injure myself or burn my hair off. I get up every morning, look at my hair in the mirror and ask it, "So, what do YOU want to do today??" LOL! I live in Mississippi so the humidity IS a factor year round. While my mother had her beautiful hair, my father had dark hair well into his 70's, so I know why my sister's is so dark. (By the way, we're 57.)

Mrs_Strizzle

Brilliant_Rock
Earlier this year I could tuck my hair into my waistband. I will be 43 in Feb. I chopped it to my shoulders in Sept, partially out of going "curly girl method" and encouraging my curls, and partially because I was having a Covid quarantine crisis, lol. My 91 year old grandma had started to raise an eyebrow about my hair because of course she thought I was too old for that. But honestly I think you are only too old for long hair when you hit the point where you absolutely no longer care how it looks. I'm not saying spending hours and $$$ on it, I mean when you start to look like you've given up. Like previously mentioned, Jane Seymour, Christie Brinkley, Linda Carter...still absolutely stunning and no one telling them to give up the ghost! All in all, rock your hair whatever length!

Big Fat Facets

Brilliant_Rock
i feel if you are blessed with hair that looks good long then even if you are over 50 years old you ought to keep it and enjoy it, if that is what you want to do. regardless of texture and color, hair that looks good long, is thick, healthy and shiny.

ive seen some older women with gorgeous thick long gray hair. i find it a beautiful look.

unfortunately, ive also seen older women with very thin, unhealthy hair that keep it longer ... it is not a good look.

@Made in London i can see you have thick beautiful healthy hair. when you are blessed with thick gorgeous strong, healthy hair, it will be attractive, at any length.

Last edited:

Made in London

Brilliant_Rock
i feel if you are blessed with hair that looks good long then even if you are over 50 years old you ought to keep it and enjoy it, if that is what you want to do. regardless of texture and color, hair that looks good long, is thick, healthy and shiny.

ive seen some older women with gorgeous thick long gray hair. i find it a beautiful look.

unfortunately, ive also seen older women with very thin, unhealthy hair that keep it longer ... it is not a good look.

@Made in London i can see you have thick beautiful healthy hair. when you are blessed with thick gorgeous strong, healthy hair, it will be attractive, at any length.

I'm glad you think it looks thick! That is actually a ton of thickening products

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Maybe this should be in a separate thread but for those who might be interested I will share it here.
There are many beautiful women with thinning hair and here are some hair styles to complement one's thinning hair.

And some of the women sharing their hair loss experiences.

One should wear their hair however they like IMO. Thin or thick or in between and don't let anyone tell you how to wear your hair. If you feel good it shows and if you are confident you can rock any style. Be true to you and don't let others make you feel bad.
True beauty comes from within and it shows.

Made in London

Brilliant_Rock
not only does it look thick but it also reflects the light, beautifully

I have a thing about having glossy hair.I love to see shiny,glossy hair at any length.I use glossing spray when I've finished styling it. It makes the world of difference to the finished look=)2

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
The menopausal hair loss thing really hurts. I used to have a huge ponytail, then went pixie for 25 years and regrew after meno. The thinness dismayed me, I wondered where did my hair go???

I'm going longish but if it thins further (and it likely will), I'll lob it off. I'm like you @missy, lots of hair in the hands as I shower and wash it. Sigh. The gifts meno keeps on giving.

I see plenty of older ladies come through our port and 99% have short hair, mostly thin and fine, but I take comfort that many have it well cut and shiny and they look really nice IMO

Something else to look foreard to

if i plait my hair my braid is about as thick as my littler finger

Im hoping hats will make a come back 7d1e12e433ddac90d701ae574cfc6784.jpg

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
My hair is past my shoulders but I typically wear it up. I have dyed it for many years and sometimes I just want to go grey but I am afraid I would look so old (no offense to you that have grey hair) it's just me. I see women with grey hair and it's so beautiful.

Now we had a thread about that recently

Big Fat Facets

Brilliant_Rock
I have a thing about having glossy hair.I love to see shiny,glossy hair at any length.I use glossing spray when I've finished styling it. It makes the world of difference to the finished look=)2

:mrgreen2: me too! I LOVE shiny glossy healthy hair. do you have any recommendations for glossing spray?? i love the image showing your beautiful healthy thick shiny glossy hair

Made in London

Brilliant_Rock
:mrgreen2: me too! I LOVE shiny glossy healthy hair. do you have any recommendations for glossing spray?? i love the image showing your beautiful healthy thick shiny glossy hair

I'm currently using Charles Worthington ALL OVER GLOSS SPRAY.It says "shine boost,mirror shine finish & smoothing effect."
It does not make your hair flat or greasy.Just be sure to spray it from a distance.You can buy it on ebay=)2

Attachments

• pricescope image 2.jpg
    pricescope image 2.jpg
    11.9 KB · Views: 20

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I whacked off 6 inches recently because maintenance is a pain. Shoulder length is so much easier than halfway down my back. Without that weight, my hair puffed up and it looks a lot thicker?

Taylorbug!

Brilliant_Rock
This was a few months ago, mine is actually longer and grayer now! :) I've never liked short hair on myself (and I've tried a few times).

1605881872861.png

Made in London

Brilliant_Rock
This was a few months ago, mine is actually longer and grayer now! :) I've never liked short hair on myself (and I've tried a few times).

1605881872861.png

Your hair is absolutely gorgeous Taylorbug!:kiss2:

Made in London

Brilliant_Rock
Your hair is absolutely gorgeous Taylorbug!:kiss2:

I had my hair that length until I was about 50 & then the dreaded menopause thinned it out by about 50%.That's when I went for the bob

Big Fat Facets

Brilliant_Rock
I'm currently using Charles Worthington ALL OVER GLOSS SPRAY.It says "shine boost,mirror shine finish & smoothing effect."
It does not make your hair flat or greasy.Just be sure to spray it from a distance.You can buy it on ebay=)2

thank you! i will be sure to look for it=)2

i just adore how your hair catches the light like that. it quite literally illuminates your lovely beautiful happy face. from the images, i do sense that you have nice textured healthy hair and the glossing spray further enhances the reflective qualities

Taylorbug!

Brilliant_Rock
I had my hair that length until I was about 50 & then the dreaded menopause thinned it out by about 50%.That's when I went for the bob

@Made in London I know what you mean.......I am 59! Menopause does a number on hair/ nails and skin! But it's better than the alternative!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

1605881872861.png

STUNNING! I love love love your hair @Taylorbug! :love:

I think we need a show me your hair thread because I bet there are lots of PSers with gorgeous hair.
:appl:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

You also have stunning hair @Made in London :love:
Your smart bob suits you. Sassy and sweet and beautiful.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results