• 3) Good on other people, just not for me

Votes: 18 16.7%
  • 4) Not to be borne on ANYONE under ANY circumstances, ew, blech, icky, yuck

Votes: 2 1.9%

• Total voters

mayerling

Ideal_Rock
LadyBlue|1305324703|2921134 said:
I think is a HUGE difference from shoulder-blade length to waist-length. Because my opinion would change between both options.

Ditto!

pancake

Brilliant_Rock
I've had long hair for all of the last 20 years apart from a brief ~2 year interlude when I was at uni. Short hair really does not suit me (face too round!) and I have gradually come to realise that long is best for me. Interestingly my hair was always kind of frizzy in adolescence - kind of weird for an Asian gal - and I had it rebonded for a few years. Now that it has all grown out and I've hit 30 it seems to have really settled and I finally like it! It's currently bra-strap length, quite heavily layered esp around my face. I like it around this length or a couple of inches longer, but TOO long and it seems to drag me down a bit.

Have never had anything but positive comments about the length. Have had quite a few people (all men, actually!) comment years after I grew my hair long again that they hated my hair short and they are really glad it's long again :lol:

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I always had long hair and i totally LOVE it. I once had it cut much shorter and i spent years afterwards crying over the whole thing until it grew back. Long hair is very low maintenance actually and while my hair was shorter i had to spend hours everyday styling it and making it look right. Now, i just wash it and moisturize it well and i either let it to air dry or i blow dry it and use a brush just to style my fringe. It is also much more impressive and i believe that it looks good on me, contrary to the shorter styles that make me look like any other girl around. I'm posting a pic which was taken approximately one year ago, the day of my PhD convocation. This is the look that i usually have when i go to court too (i'm a lawyer). And because somebody previously mentioned that there was an older survey that suggested that people don't get very seriously women with long hair, i'd like to inform everybody that as far as i'm concerned, people TAKE ME VERY SERIOUSLY in court, which means that being taken seriously is not a matter of hair length, it's a matter of personality and attitude.
YAY for long hair!!!

P.S. My hair is usually even longer than that :Up_to_something: :naughty: ;))

ETA: I'm 37 years old now and i intend on keeping my hair long like that until i reach 137 years ;))

IMG_0082 (3).jpg

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
mayerling|1306051086|2927647 said:
I think is a HUGE difference from shoulder-blade length to waist-length. Because my opinion would change between both options.

Ditto!

And, sadly, over the weekend I inadvertently went from one to the other. I went in for a trim on Friday, and my stylist somehow misunderstood "trim" as "chop off 5 inches." I know it's just hair, but I am really upset over this.

Ah, well. Hair today, gone tomorrow?

slg47

Ideal_Rock
Circe|1306162928|2928277 said:

Ditto!

And, sadly, over the weekend I inadvertently went from one to the other. I went in for a trim on Friday, and my stylist somehow misunderstood "trim" as "chop off 5 inches." I know it's just hair, but I am really upset over this.

ugh, Circe, I am sorry to hear this. I know how upsetting it can be!

LadyBlue

Brilliant_Rock

Ditto!

I'm so sorry ;( . I hate when they do that, I feel it's so hard to let the hair grow when everytime I want to get my hair trim, they chop off the same amount I got to grow over the months :nono:

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
DandiAndi|1306037324|2927591 said:
BLEH, forgot the pic!

jstar, they are so cute! At work I roll my hair into a fat bun on the crown of my head and wear a big bandanna, just a large triange shaped pice of fabric that goes long side over my foreheard, down to the nape of my neck, and around the top of the bun, tied in a knot, and tuck the tails in. Lots of the girls at work try to copy but so many of them have short hair, unless you have a mane of hair it just doesn't work! :bigsmile:

I do love the ones you posted!

That's interesting - I never thought of using a a bandanna as a scrub hat. Anyway, let me know if you decide to get one from Linda's Lids. She's a friend of a friend, and I always like to hear about people supporting her business. I have 2 hats from her in addition to about 10 other hats (yeah, I'm kind of obsessed with scrub hats...they're my "pieces of flair"). I'm only concerned that they won't fit anymore once I do the post-wedding chop.

Speaking of the post-wedding chop, I finally scheduled an appointment for the day after our Chinese wedding to get it taken care of. So it will finally be goodbye to this long, unruly mess, and hello medium-length nirvana! :cheeky:

I really do wish I had the type of hair that looks good long, but you have to play the cards you're dealt, right?

Ara Ann

Brilliant_Rock

Ditto!

THIS is why I trim my hair myself! I think a lot of stylists have this conversion issue, when a 1/2 inch trim turns into 3+ inches! And then to add insult to injury, you have to PAY them after they ruin your hair! :???:

And I am bummed. My hair is shedding...again. I went through a major shedding phase when I was turning 40...like a LOT of strands came out daily...for months. I had thyroid tests done (normal) and other stuff too, but all was normal. It stopped eventually, but I have had bouts of pretty significant shedding episodes since then. It kind of correlates with dieting too...I get enough calories and take several high grade supplements, but it seems when I am losing weight, I lose hair too! :errrr: REALLY upsetting. Hoping it stops again...soon. I won't have long scraggly hair, even though I prefer my hair long, if it is too thin and icky looking, I will have to cut it. :oops:

Ara Ann

Brilliant_Rock
Bringing up an old thread (minor threadjack) to ask a long hair question...

I recall someone with long hair mentioning a long hair forum they belong to...would it be the LHC by any chance? I ask because I registered for that forum a week ago and still can not post or search anything... It accepted my user name, but any time I try to access the pages, it says my account has not been activated...I can't even contact the mods to see what is wrong.

So if the person who belongs to that forum (if it is that forum) sees this, I hope you can let me know if it really takes over a week to be authorized there, or if something wacky is going on. =)

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
it was probably me. i didn't post much there but i still get some mail from forums i subscribed to.

its been some time since i signed up but it take a bit to get a confirmation but i don't remember how long. i just logged on and saw this as contact info:

**edited by moderator. please do not discuss other forums per the policies**

hope that helps.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results