shape
carat
color
clarity

LOGR - out $50 if I return it

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sparklestick

Shiny_Rock
I don''t think it looks like it has too much metal and I don''t know how much it cost but if you are not happy with it send it back. I just lost £20 sending back a radiator as it was not as I expected. I spent a whole night worrying about it and have to say since sending it back I am relieved. If you are stressing about it just send it back.

On a side note (bit of a hijack) I just got a green amethyst ring I bought on Ebay. Not expensive but really light and not the sparkle I am looking for. It is for a right hand ring and I want a sparkle gem cushion. I keep thinking if I send it back and get my money back is it better to wait and get an LOGR for my birthday.

Tourlamine_lover I really respect your taste and eye for quality and would like your opinion.

In fact having typed that makes me think that you know what you are talking about and if that LOGR setting is not rocking your world then send it back.
1.gif

Steel

Ideal_Rock
How much did you pay - I remember you did a BIN which was less than you expected... how much cheaper is cheap?

If you paid $100 then no I would not return it.

If you paid $1000 then I would return it.

What are the % losses looking like to you?

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I paid $320

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
I would just keep it. Seems like you will be loosing so much but I am bad at keeping things I don''t like.

Do you think you can recoup your money if you put a stone in it and sell it as a completed ring?

luvmyhalo

Brilliant_Rock
I would keep it for sure. For $320, it''s a beautiful RHR!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here''s some pictures of it next to LOGR halo that I love with the rubellite in it. Do you see how/why I think the diamonds on top are a bit disappointing.

comparelogrs.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here's a side view, the diamonds along the shank are larger and more sparkley. This is precisely why I'm on the fence with it. Well, now that I am about to lose $50 by sending it back, do you think it's worth keeping, even with the lack of sparkle on the top?

comparelogrs2.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/21/2009 12:11:29 PM
Author: sparklestick
I don''t think it looks like it has too much metal and I don''t know how much it cost but if you are not happy with it send it back. I just lost £20 sending back a radiator as it was not as I expected. I spent a whole night worrying about it and have to say since sending it back I am relieved. If you are stressing about it just send it back.

On a side note (bit of a hijack) I just got a green amethyst ring I bought on Ebay. Not expensive but really light and not the sparkle I am looking for. It is for a right hand ring and I want a sparkle gem cushion. I keep thinking if I send it back and get my money back is it better to wait and get an LOGR for my birthday.

Tourlamine_lover I really respect your taste and eye for quality and would like your opinion.

In fact having typed that makes me think that you know what you are talking about and if that LOGR setting is not rocking your world then send it back.
1.gif
Sparklestick,
I agree, send it back, and thank you for the kind words.

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
I would send it back and just think of the $50 as a sunk cost
7.gif
Might as well get the rest of your money and save some more to get a better LOGR. I don''t know if you do the same, but if I buy something and I''m not too fond of it, I never end up wearing or using it.

bling addict

Brilliant_Rock
I''m a bit the same as BEG in that if there is something about a piece that bothers me, then I focus on the problem everytime I wear it, so may not wear it as much...if you will focus on the aspects that bother you every time you wear it, then you might be better off getting your $270 back...

mochi

Ideal_Rock
Stinks, though that he is charging so much to send it back... but if you''re not going to wear it and enjoy it, I have to agree with the others.

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/21/2009 7:44:39 PM
Author: tourmaline_lover
Here''s some pictures of it next to LOGR halo that I love with the rubellite in it. Do you see how/why I think the diamonds on top are a bit disappointing.

TL, how did I miss this rubellite? It''s gorgeous!!!

I agree with the others regarding your setting dilemna. If you''re not happy with it, you probably won''t use it. Might as well get your money back and get another setting that you really want.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/21/2009 11:46:35 PM
Author: platinumrock

I agree with the others regarding your setting dilemna. If you''re not happy with it, you probably won''t use it. Might as well get your money back and get another setting that you really want.
. . . or another gemstone!!

PR,
Thanks for the kind words on my rubellite.

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/21/2009 11:55:17 PM

PR,

Or a yellow gold setting for your .80 orange diamond!
30.gif
31.gif
11.gif

Would LOVE to see that!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/22/2009 12:07:15 AM

PR,

30.gif
31.gif
11.gif

Would LOVE to see that!
Thanks PR,
You are very sweet. I still cannot wait to see your "peachy precious" set. That will be jaw dropping I''m sure.
emsmile.gif

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/22/2009 12:26:31 AM

PR,

30.gif
31.gif
11.gif

Would LOVE to see that!
Thanks PR,
You are very sweet. I still cannot wait to see your ''peachy precious'' set. That will be jaw dropping I''m sure.
emsmile.gif

Thank you! You are way too kind.
emembarrassed.gif

I am hoping to get it this week (crossing my fingers). And I hope I will be happy with the setting, because I don''t want to have to send it back to get fixed.

The wait is unbearable!
39.gif

Have you thought about what you are going to do with your setting?

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/22/2009 12:48:44 AM

Date: 1/22/2009 12:26:31 AM

PR,

30.gif
31.gif
11.gif

Would LOVE to see that!
Thanks PR,
You are very sweet. I still cannot wait to see your ''peachy precious'' set. That will be jaw dropping I''m sure.
emsmile.gif

Thank you! You are way too kind.
emembarrassed.gif

I am hoping to get it this week (crossing my fingers). And I hope I will be happy with the setting, because I don''t want to have to send it back to get fixed.

The wait is unbearable!
39.gif

Have you thought about what you are going to do with your setting?
I''m returning it, he might give me a partial refund for the setting fee since I''m a repeat customer. I''m just waiting to hear back from him to confirm in writing the total refund amount so that we''re on the same page. I''ll keep you posted.

Please post lots of pics when you get that gorgeous diamond ring back!! How exciting.
36.gif

sparklestick

Shiny_Rock
I think you did the right thing. Looking at the new pictures I completely see what you mean about too much metal.

I have decided that I am going to give the green amethyst to my sister in law for her birthday and ask my husband for a Leon Mege for my birthday!! Ok maybe I will get a LOGR but I can hope!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/23/2009 4:07:52 PM
Author: sparklestick
I think you did the right thing. Looking at the new pictures I completely see what you mean about too much metal.

I have decided that I am going to give the green amethyst to my sister in law for her birthday and ask my husband for a Leon Mege for my birthday!! Ok maybe I will get a LOGR but I can hope!
Well, that will be a beautiful birthday present. How nice!! I''m still drooling at the rhapsody setting at Knoxjewelers, but I have to get a stone for it first.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results