shape
carat
color
clarity

LOGR mount - is this too expensive

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
He quoted me $499 for this mount. I love it and it''s exactly what I''ve been looking for, but do you think it''s worth that? It seems very light on size (check it out on the model''s finger), but for that price, it does come with VS diamonds. That price is only for 14K gold, and no customizations.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320230110194&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:US:1123

Your opinions please. It seems kind of expensive. I know his prices have really gone up a lot, but I saw almost the exact same mount style at Yigal_jewelry and I fell in love. ,Yigal said it''s not available as a semi mount. It was holding a stone already. Boo hoo hoo.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
From all the comments others have made about the settings being hollow and the stones of varying quality I think it''s expensive for what it is...but that is just my opinion...

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
that is very expensive IMHO. I think you can have a lovely custom made piece of sound quality for better than that price...

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Hmmm....I agree with neatfreak that it seems too high for the quality/prices that others have been paying - it seems like others have been getting a much better deal.

But I disagree that a person could go custom with that amount of pave for less than $500. My e-ring wg setting (without any side stones, pave, etc) was I think $600, and WF has a three-sided pave er setting for a little over $1200, that''s sans halo, .48 ctw, but also ACA melee.

Maybe order it and see what you think?

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/28/2008 11:59:32 AM
Author: cushioncutnut
that is very expensive IMHO. I think you can have a lovely custom made piece of sound quality for better than that price...

I am sorry, I stand corrected... .I was looking at the price of the mount in the auction rather than what he quoted you.... My bad!
14.gif

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So based on $499, do you still think it''s too expensive?

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have to say, I have several of the LOGR settings, and $499 sounds EXPENSIVE for that setting, especially given the prices on similar settings, and one on BIN with .81 ct. for $398! Yeah, he''s smoking something!

On the topic of quality, the Legacy-esque setting is completely solid, the split shank halo that I have is a little needlessly hollow right below the diamonds, but I''ve been assured by my jeweler that it has not compromised the setting in any way, and I can have him fill the setting in with more gold if I''d like in any time.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Too bad, I love that setting. Is there somewhere else I can get it cheaper? The thing about it is that it''s not just a plain circle of diamonds around it, but I like the little squared prongs, and the gallery design. It must be a copy of something because Yigal jewelers has one very similar, but he wont'' sell me just the mount.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/28/2008 4:40:33 PM
Author: tourmaline_lover
Too bad, I love that setting. Is there somewhere else I can get it cheaper? The thing about it is that it''s not just a plain circle of diamonds around it, but I like the little squared prongs, and the gallery design. It must be a copy of something because Yigal jewelers has one very similar, but he wont'' sell me just the mount.
This is the only one I can find that''s even a little similar . . .

http://cgi.ebay.com/0-81ct-Pave-Diamond-14K-Gold-Semi-Mount-Engagement-Ring_W0QQitemZ370101308061QQihZ024QQcategoryZ152869QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1713.m153.l1262

oobiecoo

Ideal_Rock
Since the quality of the LOGR diamonds isn''t guaranteed anyway, would you maybe be able to find an inexpensive gemstone ring or something at a mall store and then have the center stone switched out?

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/28/2008 5:39:30 PM
Author: oobiecoo
Since the quality of the LOGR diamonds isn''t guaranteed anyway, would you maybe be able to find an inexpensive gemstone ring or something at a mall store and then have the center stone switched out?
I''ve taken some of my LOGR settings into mall stores, and they''ve held their own quite well against the mall-eys, especially given the price. I had a woman fawning over my Mozambique for a full minute at a Bailey Banks, & Biddle.
11.gif

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/28/2008 6:14:03 PM
The problem is that I want it in rose gold, and he does that for no extra charge. I really love that setting so much, here''s the Yigal version of the setting (which I think is nicer, even though it''s less diamonds). He won''t do this just as the semi mount though.

http://cgi.ebay.com/1-89ct-COGNAC-DIAMOND-ENGAGEMENT-RING-18K-WHITE-GOLD_W0QQitemZ220299419920QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item220299419920&_trksid=p3911.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1326%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318
Whoa, that is pretty!

I would maybe try negotiating with the LOGR guy. He knows we talk about his company incessantly here, so he has to know that we feel it''s unacceptable that he is arbitrarily setting prices, not based on gold weight or diamond carats, but by demand.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would get the Legacy setting, but I don''t have a cushion cut stone that size. I think they''ve all been bought out of everywhere to fill that setting!! HA!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/28/2008 6:17:50 PM
Author: LaurenThePartier

The problem is that I want it in rose gold, and he does that for no extra charge. I really love that setting so much, here''s the Yigal version of the setting (which I think is nicer, even though it''s less diamonds). He won''t do this just as the semi mount though.

http://cgi.ebay.com/1-89ct-COGNAC-DIAMOND-ENGAGEMENT-RING-18K-WHITE-GOLD_W0QQitemZ220299419920QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item220299419920&_trksid=p3911.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1326%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318
Whoa, that is pretty!

I would maybe try negotiating with the LOGR guy. He knows we talk about his company incessantly here, so he has to know that we feel it''s unacceptable that he is arbitrarily setting prices, not based on gold weight or diamond carats, but by demand.

He does not negotiate. I just bought the Legacy setting. I don''t have a stone for it, but for $249, and because everyone raves about this setting, I thought, what the heck. At least it''s cheap, and I have a feeling he''s going to start raising the price on that one. Did you see the thread in "Show Me the Ring" with the Tiffany Legacy and the green tourmaline? OMG, it looked exactly like your gorgeous tourmaline with the Legacy, except that this was bezel set and from Tiffany & Co.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/28/2008 6:29:31 PM

Whoa, that is pretty!

He does not negotiate. I just bought the Legacy setting. I don''t have a stone for it, but for $249, and because everyone raves about this setting, I thought, what the heck. At least it''s cheap, and I have a feeling he''s going to start raising the price on that one. Did you see the thread in ''Show Me the Ring'' with the Tiffany Legacy and the green tourmaline? OMG, it looked exactly like your gorgeous tourmaline with the Legacy, except that this was bezel set and from Tiffany & Co.
25.gif

Yay, congrats! You could always contact one of the cutters to see if they have anything in the 7x7 or less range. My stones are both 6.6 x 6.6 and 6.5 x 6.5 and both fit just fine in the setting, so you have quite a bit of leeway. I can''t wait to see what you choose to set in it!

I have to say, I absolutely love my BB Mozambique, but my GOODNESS is that T&Co. Legacy Tourmaline lovely! It really appeals to the step-cut lover in me.
30.gif

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock

Send the photo to the other china ebayers and see what quote they come back with. They do custom designs.

I wouldn't take the risk at that price especially since LOGR seems to have inconsistent quality.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m afraid to spend the money on the custom design and it doesn''t quite come out the same way. BTW, would a 7.5 x 6.5 stone fit in there? Do you think a good jeweler could make it fit? I have this deep green Muzo Columbian emerald that has been sitting in a box for ten years. Lousy picture, it actually looks very velvety in person.

emerald_box.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
better pic

emerald_box22.jpg

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/28/2008 10:32:57 PM
I''m afraid to spend the money on the custom design and it doesn''t quite come out the same way. BTW, would a 7.5 x 6.5 stone fit in there? Do you think a good jeweler could make it fit? I have this deep green Muzo Columbian emerald that has been sitting in a box for ten years. Lousy picture, it actually looks very velvety in person.
It''s certainly possible, but would require some major prong rework. For $50, LOGR could custom make your setting in the appropriate size, though.

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Whoa, that is pretty!

He does not negotiate. I just bought the Legacy setting. I don''t have a stone for it, but for $249, and because everyone raves about this setting, I thought, what the heck. At least it''s cheap, and I have a feeling he''s going to start raising the price on that one. Did you see the thread in ''Show Me the Ring'' with the Tiffany Legacy and the green tourmaline? OMG, it looked exactly like your gorgeous tourmaline with the Legacy, except that this was bezel set and from Tiffany & Co.

I saw that Tiffany ring too and the first ring it reminded me of was your ring Lauren! I think it gives it a great run for the money.
36.gif

TL, have you decided against the first setting from LOGR since you have bought the legacy setting from them? I am not sure if the your stone would fit since it is more elongated than square. I would think that LOGR would work with you on the price of the first setting since they sent you the wrong semi mount. Also the fact that you have put ..gee, let me think, how many threads up mentioning thier name on this forum???? All that said, I do worry a little about the consistency of quality from them...
33.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
I''m sad that LOGR has put up all the prices, its just not the same..and can''t help feeling like we''re responsible ..
39.gif

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/29/2008 11:01:45 AM
Author: arjunajane
I''m sad that LOGR has put up all the prices, its just not the same..and can''t help feeling like we''re responsible ..
39.gif
I don''t think it''s so much that WE are responsible, more like HE took advantage of a little popularity. I got my setting pretty cheap, but it was also put together pretty cheaply too. I''m having to have it fixed in order for it to look good. If I had paid more for it, I would want my money back. Therefore, I will NOT be buying any more unless the prices return to what they were.

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/29/2008 11:33:09 AM
Author: Kelli

39.gif
I don''t think it''s so much that WE are responsible, more like HE took advantage of a little popularity. I got my setting pretty cheap, but it was also put together pretty cheaply too. I''m having to have it fixed in order for it to look good. If I had paid more for it, I would want my money back. Therefore, I will NOT be buying any more unless the prices return to what they were.

I agree, I will proceed with caution if I am tempted by an LOGR setting.......

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/29/2008 10:29:24 AM

Whoa, that is pretty!

I saw that Tiffany ring too and the first ring it reminded me of was your ring Lauren! I think it gives it a great run for the money.
36.gif

TL, have you decided against the first setting from LOGR since you have bought the legacy setting from them? I am not sure if the your stone would fit since it is more elongated than square. I would think that LOGR would work with you on the price of the first setting since they sent you the wrong semi mount. Also the fact that you have put ..gee, let me think, how many threads up mentioning thier name on this forum???? All that said, I do worry a little about the consistency of quality from them...
33.gif
As I''ve stated before, he will not negotiate on price, even if he sends the wrong mounting. All he will do is refund your purchase price, but you''re still stuck with the S&H charges for sending it back. Therefore, I kept that other setting since I didn''t want to incur any other charges. He ignored my repeated emails for a discount on another setting.

As for the Legacy, I don''t want to spend another $50 to get it sized for the emerald. I will just find another stone that fits (shouldn''t be hard to do), or talk to my jeweler about it. What if I don''t care for the Legacy after I pay the $50 customization fee and I want to return it? The customization fee is non-refundable. I''ll just take my chances with this ring as it is with SI diamonds and white gold. Everyone seems in love with theirs, so I hope I will love it as well.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock

I'm sad that LOGR has put up all the prices, its just not the same..and can't help feeling like we're responsible ..
39.gif
I don't think it's so much that WE are responsible, more like HE took advantage of a little popularity. I got my setting pretty cheap, but it was also put together pretty cheaply too. I'm having to have it fixed in order for it to look good. If I had paid more for it, I would want my money back. Therefore, I will NOT be buying any more unless the prices return to what they were.
Kelli, I have to say that just based on the pics, the setting doesn't appear to really be the overwhelming problem so much as the size of stone you wanted to place in it. With these settings, you're much better off going up to .5 mm smaller than anything bigger than recommended on the stone size. I know yours was only .1mm bigger both ways, but honestly, we're not working with a precision ring maker here.
2.gif

I'm really sorry you're not happy, but I honestly think you'd have been happier had you found a stone smaller than required. I found that out with my Mozambique, and just kept going that way. I really should have shared that information with you earlier. Sorry, hun.

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/29/2008 12:51:56 PM

39.gif
Kelli, I have to say that just based on the pics, the setting doesn''t appear to really be the overwhelming problem so much as the size of stone you wanted to place in it. With these settings, you''re much better off going up to .5 mm smaller than anything bigger than recommended on the stone size. I know yours was only .1mm bigger both ways, but honestly, we''re not working with a precision ring maker here.
2.gif

I''m really sorry you''re not happy, but I honestly think you''d have been happier had you found a stone smaller than required. I found that out with my Mozambique, and just kept going that way. I really should have shared that information with you earlier. Sorry, hun.
That''s ok
1.gif
You live and learn, and I''m getting it fixed anyway. It''s just that three different local jewelers did tell me that the prongs were put on incorrectly, and that they were also quite crooked. It didn''t help the the jeweler who did set it didn''t do a very good job.
20.gif
It is REALLY hard to find a good jeweler where I live. Hopefully it will come back looking better this time, but in the future I''ll know to stick with a slightly smaller stone. Thanks for the advice--- I need it!!

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/29/2008 12:15:32 PM

Date: 10/29/2008 10:29:24 AM

Whoa, that is pretty!

36.gif

33.gif
As I''ve stated before, he will not negotiate on price, even if he sends the wrong mounting. All he will do is refund your purchase price, but you''re still stuck with the S&H charges for sending it back. Therefore, I kept that other setting since I didn''t want to incur any other charges. He ignored my repeated emails for a discount on another setting.

As for the Legacy, I don''t want to spend another $50 to get it sized for the emerald. I will just find another stone that fits (shouldn''t be hard to do), or talk to my jeweler about it. What if I don''t care for the Legacy after I pay the $50 customization fee and I want to return it? The customization fee is non-refundable. I''ll just take my chances with this ring as it is with SI diamonds and white gold. Everyone seems in love with theirs, so I hope I will love it as well.

I don''t blame you for not wanting to customize. It seems rather "chancy" at this point. I think it will be easier to find a gemstone that fits........besides, it is fun to hunt for a gemstone...........
3.gif

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yeah, I''m thinking about doing a blue sapphire in that setting. I would like to find a 7 x 7 cushion. It can be heated, just not beryllium heated. If anyone has any ideas, let me know!

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/29/2008 4:30:01 PM
Yeah, I''m thinking about doing a blue sapphire in that setting. I would like to find a 7 x 7 cushion. It can be heated, just not beryllium heated. If anyone has any ideas, let me know!

I will keep my eyes peeled. I enjoy the hunt.....
3.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results