shape
carat
color
clarity

LOGR, Barry Bridgestock and Dan Stair review and pics

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

NovemberBride

Brilliant_Rock
I just completed my first two LOGR rings with stones from Dan and Barry and I couldn''t be more pleased with my experience. I posted a while back about looking for a stone for a ring for my mom for a ring for Christmas. I initially ordered a setting from LOGR that I wasn''t thrilled with, the diamonds were a little small and cloudy for my taste and the auction stated it would take a 8mm stone but my jeweler told me it would take a 6mm at best. So I returned it (the return process with LOGR was very smooth and he was very gracious). I also ordered one of the 7mm legacy settings for myself for an amethyst project. I was very happy with the quality of that setting, so I ordered another for my mom''s ring, this time in the new 8mm legacy setting. I was thrilled with the quality of that one as well. I actually ended up with two cushion amethysts, one by Barry Bridgestock that was a very intense deep purple for the 7mm setting and one by Dan Stair for the 8mm that is a little less deep. They were both so lovely, I had a hard time deciding which to give my mom, but ended up giving her the BB because the setting was a little smaller and she doesn''t wear huge rings. My experiences with both Dan and Barry were great, and I will definitely be ordering from them again (in fact, I have two other Dan stones waiting to be set, but that''s for another thread). Unfortunately, due to timing issues with my jeweler, I did not have time to take pics before gifting the ring to my mom, but I''ll post the picture of Barry''s stone. I do however have pictures of the ring I had made for myself. Here is my ring, 8mm LOGR legacy setting and 8mm amethyst cut by Dan Stair.

logramythesthandshot.jpg

NovemberBride

Brilliant_Rock
Another one of my new ring

logramythestprofile.jpg

NovemberBride

Brilliant_Rock
And here''s the stone for my mom''s ring - I''ll try to take pictures next time I see her.

bbmomamythest.jpg

NovemberBride

Brilliant_Rock
In case anyone is interested for comparative purposes, my ring is a size 4.

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty, I am glad everything ended up working out.

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Wow, what a beautiful ring! I can''t wait to see your mom''s ring!

mochi

Ideal_Rock
You ring turned out lovely. I amethyst is such a beautiful deep purple.
30.gif
30.gif

I also have this setting. It it a true 8mm? I have noticed that LOGR''s measurement is not that reliable.

NovemberBride

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you all for the compliments!

Mochi,

I believe this setting is a true 8mm, my stone was 8.02mm and the jeweler had no problem fitting it in the setting. I did have the sizing problem with another setting I got from LOGR though. Do you know what you are going to do with it?

mochi

Ideal_Rock
I''m not sure which gemstone I''m going to go for. I''m leaning toward a red (garnet?) but than I see a ring like yours and I think, OOOOOh.... LOL!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations, and what a nice daughter you are!! Lovely!!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
It looks gorgeous!!!!

pjean

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/2/2009 9:20:06 AM
Author: mochi
I''m not sure which gemstone I''m going to go for. I''m leaning toward a red (garnet?) but than I see a ring like yours and I think, OOOOOh.... LOL!

Ha! I have similar problems.
1.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, that is GORGEOUS.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
30.gif

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Stunning!! I''m actually doing the same project - a BB amethyst and an LOGR halo for my mom. I''m glad yours turned out well -they''re gorgeous!

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is beautiful! I love how Royal the PURPLE looks!!!
30.gif

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
wow-that''ll make some heads turn! Lucky girl!

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
What a stunning ring, and that stone that went into your mom''s ring is TDF
30.gif
30.gif
I''m hoping to have something similar made for my mom with a green stone at some point - I feel very inspired
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results