shape
carat
color
clarity

Local Vs Internet (I''m SURE this is covered SOMEPLACE)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
To The Doctor, all I can say is your atitude towards your paying customers is exactly what turns me off B&M's. Having to be "cuddled" through a purchase is not the way I'd like to be seen.
At the end of the day, if you are good at what you do and offer prices that are not hideous, you should be just fine - despite the popularity of online shopping, there are thousands of people who are still too scared to buy an ering online - there's your customers.
Or, even better - when someone comes in who has been researching on the net, rather than talk down to them and try to frighten them with horror stories - why not spend the time to educate them about diamonds and your craft, and offer to try to pricematch?
Or, hold on , radical thought coming up - offer your services online aswell !

I will re iterate from earlier in the thread - times are a changin', and you, like everyone else, must either keep up or potentially lose out.
You must be able to admit that the traditional B&M jewellery industry are not a victim of circumstance here- most people have more reasons than just price when they choose an recommended online vendor. I see you have chosen to ignore the stories of dreadful treatment in B&M's that I and others have offered, which led us to seek an alternative...?

And for the record, unless their is a persuasive argument why someone shouldn't get their mount from their online vendor, we always encourage them to get the whole shebang in the same place. I'm not sure where you have gotten this idea that everyone buys an internet diamond then comes to the local jeweller to apparently waste their time for their setting..?
33.gif

I also don't see what is so "disturbing" about encouraging someone to shop around locally and get a feel for what they like before deciding what to buy? I hope you can agree jewellers have always had to put up with "tyre-kickers", internet or no. This is not a new idea, being able to browse stores without buying anything !
Nor do we encourage people to lie and "tease them with a potential sale" - in my experience, usually uneducated and rude SA's are good enough at losing a sale without our help..

Anyway, we can debate this till the cows come home. I hope you will take some of what we are saying as your target customers to heart. Aswell as consumers, PS is also a great resource for vendors, giving them previously unheard of insight into the thoughts and feelings of their potential clients.
As usual, Neil has also offered some impressive suggestions.
Instead of looking down on what we do here, as I implored earlier - why not try to contribute to the knowledge, while representing the "honest B&M"..? You may find this to be a fantastic resource..
All the best
AJ.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results