shape
carat
color
clarity

LM + 2.02 OEC = :-)

tsavvy

Shiny_Rock
Back in April, I bought an OEC and proceeded to take quite awhile to have it set. I had looked for an OEC for about a year and ended up getting a better stone than I had ever anticipated. It originally looked like this and the ring was too large to even wear on my thumb:

My setting ideas went through a few iterations, then I sent the stone off to Leon Mege along with a few drawings I had. Well, he wasn't very excited about a some of my ideas, but was prepared to indulge my original desire for half moon side stones. However, I really, really wanted chunky antique cut half moons, but a pair in a size/color that went with my center stone did not surface. Leon spent a few months looking and calling in a ton of sidestones, but didn't find anything suitable. So, he then asked if he could send me pictures of my stone with some other side stone options. He's made two other pieces of jewelry for me that I love, so he knows my taste and preferences. I had told him that I wanted the ring to be fairly simple and no pave, so he came up with a few french cut side options, kite/shield sides, and baguettes. Well, I liked the french cuts but wanted a smaller version, so he hunted down some petite frenchies then had them trimmed a bit more. I'm really happy with the final results!

0331_oec_lm.jpg

Close again1.jpeg

LM_oec_202_50.jpg

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

It's beautiful! Congratulations!!!

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nice! It seems so un-Leon but gorgeous! I love the deco vibe with your stone, so unique!

tsavvy

Shiny_Rock
Stats:
Platinum ring - size 4 7/8
Center: 2.02 ct, K, VS1
Sides - 8 stones, 0.50 ctw, G, VS

LM_Athearn_prfile_10.jpg

LM_oec_202_onbox.jpg

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
:-o :lickout: :shock: :lickout: :love:
AH-OOOOOOH-GAH!!!!!!

That is a STUNNER of a ring, Tsavvy! I love it. The stone is amazing, and I love the deco-style setting. It's really gorgeous.

If you ever tire of it let me know, I'd be happy to do a temporary trade!!!! :cheeky: (What? Don't women do that with designer purses? 8) )

Really, it is beautiful. You did that stone well!

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
I like the contrast between the round and square cuts.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Tres cool! Feel free to post more pics!! :bigsmile: :appl:

cheers--Sharon

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
G O R G E O U S :love: I love it!!

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
Oh wow, that is one stunning ring!!!! I love your OEC and the setting is perfect :love: :love: :love:

tsavvy

Shiny_Rock
Vintagelover -- thank you!

Asscher halo lover -- I love deco pieces, so I'm glad that the deco feel of the ring comes across!

Haven -- I have to admit that when you posted your OEC ring, it inspired me to step up my OEC search efforts :appl: I'm up for the short-term trade -- just let me know when to drop it in the mail ;))

Pregcurious -- Me, too. :bigsmile:

Canuk-gal Thank you. For some reason, most of my photos look very similar and it is hard for me to get the stones in focus, but I'm resizing a few and will post soon.

Bright Ice Thanks -- have you figured out if you're going to go with the large OEC you posted about in Rocky Talky?

Here are some more photos - I'm having a platinum band made to wear with the ring, so I tried on a bunch of my rings backwards to see which size of shank fit best against this ring. Since the stones on the profile are set really low and also have pretty steep tables, my knife edge shank with a really low slope worked the best.

LM_oec_202_band.jpg

LM_oec_202_band_.jpg

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It came out amazing!! Enjoy!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, now that is a really gorgeous ring!!! :love: :love: :love: The design is outstanding and I adore the OEC...gotta find one of those!

JuneRose

Brilliant_Rock
This is STUNNING!! It really looks like an original setting too which is fantastic :love:
Seriously one of my new favourite rings on here!!

minmin001

Ideal_Rock
a very beautiful reset! it looks sooooooooo much better than the original set :love:

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Stunning and PERFECT for the stone! I only hope my setting for my OEC looks half as nice!

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
Absolutely amazing! :appl: :appl: :appl:

slg47

Ideal_Rock
really pretty stone and love the setting :)

Wow, it came out beautifully. Congrats!

mitsui4

Brilliant_Rock
very pretty and have great coverage on your finger~! Congrats

purplesilk

Ideal_Rock
Great job and fabulous stone!!! :love:

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful! Those french cuts go perfectly with the OEC!

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
Wow, I love it!

moosemom

Shiny_Rock
That is one gorgeous ring. I love the vintage look to it.

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful!!!!! :appl:

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Wow, you sure did rescue that stone! It is gorgeous and I LOVE that it's the star of the show in your new ring! It is perfect! :love:

Nomsdeplume

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my stars! :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

GamGam

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Your ring is soooo beautiful. I love the milgrain border on the side stones. Could you post more photos?

catwalk82

Shiny_Rock
:cheeky: :love: :cheeky: :love:

I'm in love! That's a masterpiece!

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I too find that it is a little bit off of what Leon does, but I love the decoey mix. Just lovely! The diamond is AMAZING. Would love to see the other Leon pieces. Link?
:loopy:

KittyGolightly

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, it's gorgeous!!! :love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results