color
clarity

LM + 2.02 OEC = :-)

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
It is gorgeous; I love that you made it Art Deco!!! :love:

tsavvy

Shiny_Rock
Wow! You are all so very kind with your comments!

stargurl78, diamondseeker2006, purplesilk, tuckins1 -- Thank you. PS definitely helped foster my love for OECs. I had a few small OECs when I joined, but I'm really excited to have found this stone. It was one of those great e-bay finds, so I feel particularly fortunate.

Motownmama,minmin001, slg47, whatamI, armywife13, mitsui4, lknvrb4m may, kittygolightly I appreciate your sweet compliments =)

moosemom, Catwalk, skippy I'm so glad that the deco and vintage feel of the ring stands out. I love deco jewelry and emphasized to Leon that the ring should have a deco feel and he did a great job in making sure it ended up with deco lines.

kribbie An "Oh my stars" is high praise from PS folks -- thank you :D

JuneRose :oops: my ring is honored to included in your favorites

Gypsy -- thank you! When you posted the settings that you liked for your OEC, I noticed my ring looked similar to some of the settings that you liked. Your OEC looks gorgeous and I bet your setting will be wonderful. Any updates on your setting details? :naughty:

Gamgam -- more photos coming up :)

cushioncutnut My LM tsavorite ring has its own thread: https://www.pricescope.com/communit...que-ring-with-ec-tsavorite-trapezoids.131062/. I didn't make a thread for my tsavorite necklace, but I'll take some photos of my little LM group and will post them later today.

yennyfire - I felt like I did the OEC quite a favor in upgrading its home, although when I bought it off e-bay another bidder contacted me because they collected art deco pieces and really wanted to purchase the ring and keep it as it was! I didn't have the heart to tell them that the setting was going to be sawn into pieces to extract the stone…

tsavvy

Shiny_Rock
A more detailed look at the profile and milgrain. The stones that Leon chose for the profile are really neat and look like simplified french cuts set upside down with the pavilions ground down a bit to have a large culet. I've resized this picture three times and it still is huge -- sorry!

The stone looks pretty white in most lights, but can show some yellow when viewed from the sides, particularly since my house has mainly light yellow walls in the interior! In the evenings and in some sunlight, it occasionally shows a bit of a grey/violet cast which I caught in a few photos.

I'll be back later in the afternoon with a few photos of the ring with its LM friends.

LM_Athearn_color2.jpg

LM_Athearn204_5_sml.jpg

LM_oec_202_loupeProfile_sml.jpg

renogirl

Shiny_Rock
Wow!!! Look how you transformed it into such a beauty :love: :love: :love:

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful! I love the new setting :)

MrsM

Shiny_Rock
Love the stone and the setting! Glad to see LM expanding his styles--I love that art deco look. Your finding an OEC better than you expected is inspiring me not to give up on my search and to keep believing that one day I'll find "the one" and rescue it like you did.

tsavvy

Shiny_Rock
Renogirl and Amysbling Thank you, both :wavey:

MrsM Keep looking -- I found mine on e-bay and it was sold as a 1.75 ct stone and ended up weighing in at 2.02 cts when it was removed from the setting, so there are definitely some finds to be had. Good luck in your search!

Here is a picture of my Leon pieces together and some photos of my tsavorite necklace. The tsavorite in this necklace was the stone that inspired me to join PS, as it was the subject of a thread pointing out its faults. Since I had already purchased the stone and was quite happy with it, I felt the need to defend the tsavorite and the vendor.

LM_tsav_necklace.jpg

LM_group_10.jpg

LM_necklace_app.jpg

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh wow, Tsavvy! The new OEC is simply stunning! I'm absolutely in love with *all* of your pieces, but that pendant has stolen my heart!

Wear it in good health! It's simple perfection!

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
I already commented on the OEC ring, but wow, your tsavorite pieces are G-O-R-G-E-O-U-S too! I LOVE LOVE LOVE that tsavvy ring :love: :love: :love:

tsavvy

Shiny_Rock
Lauren It is good to "see" you. I can see how you would like the necklace -- its shape is reminiscent of several (many??) of your stones and settings ;))

stargurl Thank you!! I do have a *slight* addiction when it comes to green stones :mrgreen:

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous! Gorgeous! GORGEOUS!! :love: :love: You have a beautiful collection but the new OEC is my absolute favorite!! I just added it to my list of PS favorites! :lickout: Congrats!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results