shape
carat
color
clarity

LIW...would you rather have a $35k E-ring or a $35k wedding?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Between the two, I''d chose the ring. My dream wedding was always an elopment anyway. The wedding we had was great (and thankfully inexpensive), but not what I wanted.

btrflygrl23

Brilliant_Rock
Not a lady in waiting but I have to say if I had the choice RING all the way. A wedding actually doesn''t even last 24hrs really and I would wear the ring all the time everyday for the rest of my life. Plus you can have a really pretty wedding for not too much money. What''s important is that you and your FI are there to celebrate the start of your new life together and that your family and close friends are there to take part in the celebration that doesn''t have to cost a fortune.

E B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/30/2009 11:16:53 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006
Okay, I am not a LIW, but I'd want half for the ring and half for the wedding!

This! A $17,500 e-ring would be plenty for me, and I had a wonderful wedding celebration for ~$16k.

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
Not LIW either, but for those 2 choices, I''d go for the....RING! But, honestly, I''d split it up, and put the money towards a house or retirement instead
31.gif
...yup, wedding isn''t even on that list since it''s only 1 day and marriage is til death do you part! (as another PSer said ahead of me!)

iloveny

Shiny_Rock
I''d take the ring- we are having a small wedding with immediate family and friends- it will cost like $5000 including the honeymoon. FH Definitely splurged on my ring (not 35K splurge tho!), and I''m glad we did it this way!

sparklyheart

Brilliant_Rock
I''m not a LIW but.. I''d go for the RING!
31.gif
If I spent 35K on a wedding it would be for everyone but me because I don''t care about the big wedding.

chiapet

Brilliant_Rock
Absolutely, no question, the RING! I think weddings are a waste of money.

LadyBlue

Brilliant_Rock
The ring
30.gif
30.gif
, I''m already thinking in a Emerald cut ring
10.gif

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/1/2009 9:11:55 AM
Author: tyty333
Definitly the ring! But what if we had the choice for a $35k honeymoon? Now that would be a tough
decision!

(BTW - I''m not a LIW...I''m an old married fart)
$35K honeymoon?
23.gif
are you inviting all the guests to your honeymoon too?
9.gif

icet

Rough_Rock
Not a LIW but totally understand, I got a ring that I love and had a small wedding coz I thought all the time and money needed to throw a big wedding should be used towards more diamonds!
Definitely would choose the ring
face23.gif

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/1/2009 9:48:03 PM
Author: Dancing Fire

Definitly the ring! But what if we had the choice for a $35k honeymoon? Now that would be a tough
decision!

$35K honeymoon?
23.gif
9.gif
A $35K honeymoon would probably include several months off of work and extensive world wide travel!

Oh and if I only had the OP''s choices it would be the ring.

Sizzle

Brilliant_Rock
I''d take the ring. Sparklies last for a lifetime a wedding is one day. I had my wedding and the bling costed more than the ceremony and there are NO regrets!

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/1/2009 10:46:43 PM
Author: Stone Hunter

Date: 10/1/2009 9:48:03 PM
Author: Dancing Fire

decision!

$35K honeymoon?
23.gif
9.gif
A $35K honeymoon would probably include several months off of work and extensive world wide travel!

Oh and if I only had the OP''s choices it would be the ring.
6 months, 3-4 continents, and plenty of fun!

Given the choices in the OP, though, I''d go with the wedding. That way I could have the destination wedding I want, and we could fly out the people important to us to make sure they''re there on the day and don''t have to stress about travel and hotel costs.

mariewest

Shiny_Rock
How about $1,000 for the ring, $5,000 for the wedding, $5,000 for the honeymoon, and put the rest towards a house. I couldn''t imagine spending $35K for a ring! $35K for a wedding, sure, but I don''t need to spend that much.

Winks_Elf

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
If I HAD to pick between the two, definitely the ring!

That being said, I''d rather take the money and use it as a down payment on a house.

crossmyfingers

Shiny_Rock
If I *have* to pick between ring and wedding, definitely ring. I don''t even want a wedding. Just some quick vows to make it legal and then a party sometime later to celebrate with friends/family. But I''d be a nervous wreck with a $35k ring on my hand, that would take a LOT of getting used to!

If I could just have $35k I''d put some toward a new car and some toward my mortgage. :)

What would you pick, Dancing Fire?

setell

Shiny_Rock
Date: 10/1/2009 12:59:01 AM
Author: trillionaire
If it was a contest, then the $35K wedding. I personally think that 35K for one day is a waste, but if it''s free, fine. That way I can elope and have a big party for my friends at no cost to me
9.gif

If I took the 35K ring, I would sell it, buy a reasonable ring (5-7K), then use the rest for our new home!

Hmm... now that I think about it, I guess I should take the ring... I want a house more than a wedding and big party!
31.gif
I second what trillionaire will do. I am too cheap to walk around with a 35k ring so I''ll take it buy a way cheaper ring and use the rest for a down payment on a house!
22.gif
22.gif

*I feel like a dummy but yet super happy since I finally figured out how to quote here!
face20.gif

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/2/2009 3:19:28 PM
Author: crossmyfingers
If I *have* to pick between ring and wedding, definitely ring. I don''t even want a wedding. Just some quick vows to make it legal and then a party sometime later to celebrate with friends/family. But I''d be a nervous wreck with a $35k ring on my hand, that would take a LOT of getting used to!

If I could just have $35k I''d put some toward a new car and some toward my mortgage. :)

What would you pick, Dancing Fire?
a $35K diamond ring.
2.gif

Londongirl1

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/1/2009 10:13:48 AM
Author: purselover

Date: 10/1/2009 9:41:45 AM
Author: ckrickett

Date: 10/1/2009 9:24:43 AM
Author: sba771

Date: 10/1/2009 7:30:39 AM

Author: vespergirl

Definitely the ring. I didn''t care about having a big wedding - we had a small (12 people) destination wedding on a cliff overlooking the ocean in Bermuda. DH bought me an expensive ring, and I splurged on my dress, but I had no interest in buying hundreds of people dinner.

Oh I agree with this 100%, sadly no one else agreed with me about the wedding part. So you could almost say I am attending my own wedding somewhat against my will.

see that will be my problem I want like max 50 people but it will probably be triple that....
15.gif
agreed as well, I''d rather have the ring unfortunately I''m having the wedding
I wouldn''t spend £35k on buying hundreds of people dinner either - that''s why I''m not doing it! I''m having 75 people max and I''m not getting railroaded into changing my plans for anyone!

Camille

Shiny_Rock
Between the two, def the Ring..........

HopeDream

Ideal_Rock
LIW...would you rather have a $35k E-ring or a $35k wedding?

11.gif
Yes I would!
11.gif

22.gif
You paying?
22.gif

If you write me a check, I promise to pick one
12.gif

*coughweddingcough cough*

Seriously though,

I have two dear old grannies that could pass away at any time, so it would be worth $35,000 to show them a good time before they''re gone - they''d both like to see me married soon.

Good question!

AustenNut

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/1/2009 5:21:49 AM
Author: 4ever
I'd take the ring over the wedding for sure. I don't have much interst in a massive expensive party. A massive expensive ring however....can be enjoyed everyday of your life
5.gif

BF read this over my shoulder and said he's take a 35k car instead.

I'm with your bf, I'd like a car! Like a 60s roadster convertible of some sort. But given the two choices or ring or wedding, I'd go with the wedding if it includes the honeymoon.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Changed my mind. I''d have to bargain it down a little, but this is what I''d pick:

onemoreofmybaby.jpg

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock
Ring. All. The. Way.

Which makes me wonder- WHY are we paying out of pocket for a too-close-to-35k-for-comfort wedding?! WHY do we want to wine and dine so many people?! ...If only I could go back one year and re-start this wedding-planning process....

(Well, if I had a 35k ring it means I''d need to get FI a 35k *something*... a lifetime of season tickets for the Broncos?)

chiquitapet

Ideal_Rock
Easy: ring all the way.

akmiss

Brilliant_Rock
I will take the ring and worry about the wedding later
2.gif

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
Ring, hands down.

HVVS

Brilliant_Rock
Please send me the whole $35k now, if you will be so kind, and I''ll watch over it carefully while I''m deciding.
9.gif

Lozza

Shiny_Rock
I would pick the wedding. I wouldn''t want to walk around with that kind of bling on my hand, but would love to throw an awesome party for all my mates (and family) with good food, good booze and a live band for dancing all night.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results