shape
carat
color
clarity

LIW Bootcamp

Jessie702

Ideal_Rock
So, ive been dieting lately, and started thinking maybe we should put a bridal-LIW bootcamp up. I firgure it always easier to lose weight when you have some support from others. I know i alwasy do better when i get support or constructive crictism from someone other than my loved ones. So anyone else want to join, it doesnt matter how much you need to lose, and its cool to join if you just need to tone, because ladies, we have to look our best for when the day comes! So heres the rules/instructions
A) You should/need to check in daily, just to update for the next day goals and how you did for the day. Whether that be, you hit your goal of drinking so much water or excerising.
B) Once a week there is a weekly weigh-in. Now please remeber ladies, we are here to support each other. I know i probably have the most to lose, so dont be bashful when it comes to say how much you weigh the new week. I know for me, i hate to tell people how much i wiegh so i always tell them, how much i look like i weigh. I for one will be truthful. If you dont want to tell how much you weigh you can do measurements.
C) List some goals that you have. Like for example, one goal you have is to weigh 120, you could list that. Other examples are- fitting into the bikini you bought during winter, losing so much weight by a certain period like for vacation.
Thats it! Its simple to join in, and will make keeping to your diet better, because you will have someone to help you be accountable. So Ill start

Goal weight:130
Current weight:273
Dail goal for the day: workout for at least 30 minuts and consume less than 1500 calories and at least 6 glasses of water
Long-term goal: lose weight, be healthy. Like the outside of myself as much as the inside. Fit into cute black leather pants and satin dress

I know for me, i have hit my workout goal, i have worked out for the past 45 minutes at work, i have an office, so next is drnking the water

Bjedifish

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Good for you!!! I too am on a mission for health and weight loss. I have decided that I will lose about 60 pounds (putting me at 150) when I walk down the aisle, which my BF and I have talked about and it that will be sometime next july or august. Good luck to you and if you want to post on this forum I would be glad to partake in the journey!

Laura
1.gif

Squirrly

Brilliant_Rock
wheeeee! this is definitely something i''ve been needing, thanks jessie!

alrighty: 45 days to go til next time i see M (and more than likely more jewelry to worry about
28.gif
) and swimming. i will try to feel bikini comfortable for his sake
20.gif

current plan: well i lift heavy bins o veggies and fruit at work and walk at least 4 laps around the building on my lunch hour. i''ve also taken to the small meal/snacks, usually slimfast for ''breakfast'' (4:45am) and "lunch" (9am) and then whatever''s for supper. going to add in lots of swimming, possibly some gym time, and some nice long hikes. also this whole crap i''m going to be in pictures soonish and in many many pictures next year has meant i''ve become girly
39.gif
and now i have to wake up earlier than just rolling out of bed so i can put face moisturizing gunk and such on. blargh.

goal weight: as close to 110 as my body will let me, will most likely bottom out around 120
current weight:135ish
goal o'' the day: take all my supplements, do floor exercises, coordinate swimming for tomorrow.

jitterymo

Shiny_Rock
ooo i want to play...as i''ve hit a platau on my weight loss... this will hopefully give me the boost that i need to continue

Goal Weight: 140 (BMI = 23.2)
Current Weight: 168 (BMI = 27.9)
Weekly Goal: 5 - 30 mins or more workouts, 1 - 60 min workout
Long-Term Goal: be healthy, and run 1/2 a marathon

pluck15

Shiny_Rock
Yay I love this post! I always think about things I should do during the day, but have no one to keep me accountable for actually completing them. I have been trying to eat better...I''m going on vacation next week. And I''m going to be on a houseboat on a lake for an entire week with my b/f and lots of his family
6.gif
I play ultimate frisbee for a few hours once a week, but I need to keep going to the gym. Plus, I''m hoping the big question will come by the end of August (our 2 year anniversary!) And like you ladies said...that means lots of pictures, eeek!!

Goal weight: 120 I''m an athletic build, so thats probably as low as I can go without looking anorexic
Current weight: 135 ish
Goal for tonight and tomorrow: Run about 2 miles tonight, along with some ab stuff and push ups (yuck)
Overall goal: be comfortable enough with the outside of me, to sit in a bathing suit for a week around FF''s family!!

Thanks for starting this post!!!

audball

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for starting this thread Jessie! I think this is just the kick in the @ss I need. I''m no where near engagement, but I''m VERY unhappy with the way I look lately. All my clothes fit tightly and I just feel disgusting. This is the heaviest I''ve ever been and I hate it. I''m 5''2" (sooooo short) and I weigh 175 pounds. I''m very happy at 130.

Current weight: 175
Goal weight: 130

I''ve never been an exerciser so I need to get started on some cardio type workouts and try to eat less garbage. My first goal I think will be to cut out soda as that''s my highest calorie intake for the day. So my short term goal-replace soda with water.

Anyone have any recommendations for stretch marks? I''d never even thought of it being a problem for me, but with the last 20ish pounds, came the marks and they really upset me, I''d like to try and reduce the appearance of them. Any tricks/tips?

Jessie702

Ideal_Rock
YAY....im so happy i started this. I love it, it will help!
- So i did good today, i had a slimfast for breakfast, a peach for lunch, and a chicken salad for dinner. I plan on doing frozen yogurt for a snack with some fruit.
18.gif

Also for strecth marks, use vitamin E sticks and cocoa Butter. i know the Vitamin E sticks works wonders, my Bestie used if after she had her 3rd kid and no strecth marks now!
23.gif

Come on Ladies- lets have a good day tommorow and stick to goals

Goal for tommorow: Workout for at least 30 minutes, stick to diet, which is under 1500 calories and intake more water

pluck15

Shiny_Rock
Nice job Jessie! I also did fairly well today. Got my run in tonight, had oatmeal for breakfast (good fiber), sandwich and fruit for lunch, and about to have chicken for dinner. I''m actually excited to keep this up!

And a suggestion for giving up soda if you''re not a huge fan of plain water (like me)...try the crystal light on the go packets. They are awesome and only 10 calories per bottle of water. They are really easy and make it taste way better and they come in tons of flavors!

Keep it up LsIW!!

Jessie702

Ideal_Rock
O good job on the run pluck. Running is suppose to be really good for you. I hope to lose enough to run! I hope you do well tommorow too! Remeber we are here to support you!

I agree with the crystal light....what i do is put it in a bottle of water and than i freeze it to a slush so it fills me up when i want something sweet and i know i shouldnt be eating! Try it, its good and like pluck said, you can take it anywhere!

Good Luck tommorow Ladies---cant wait for a update

letthesunshine

Rough_Rock
I would like to join in on this but will start out by saying that I probably will not be able to participate everyday however I can give updates as often as I am here. My work just moved this past weekend to a new building so I have decided what better time to start going back to the gym then on Monday, so perfect timing for this thread!

I do not have a scale in my apartment, but there is one at the gym.

Current weight - 145
Goal weight - 135...I am 5''8 with an athletic build so I cant see myself going any lower than this weight.

My biggest thing is that I want to cut out soda. I LOVE Dr. Pepper and even though i don''t drink it THAT much, I know it has tons of sugar and I still feel guilty. I am trying to eat healthier and try new foods. I just found out a couple of months ago that i love artichokes and have been craving them like crazy!

As far as exercise goes, I am going to the gym 5 times a week after work (it is a good way to beat the traffic in orange county/LA county) and running a lot. I would like to be able to run 5 miles a day, but since its been awhile since I have been working out and able to do that, I am starting out slowly at 1 mile and increasing it up to 5.

Also, as a side note, my work just put a gym in the new office, however there are only 3 machines in there so far and I still feel kind of weird about working out @ work when all my co-workers can see.

CurlySue

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks, Jessie - you have totally fired me up! I'd like to join in this, too... I may only be able to do updates during the week - hope that's OK!

I actually lost about 30 pounds about two years ago, but soon after, I met my BF and... uh, started eating and drinking like him! So I gained about 10 pounds back. Also, I had knee surgery a few years ago and lost my cardiovascular stamina and a lot of muscle mass. I used to be an avid runner (did half marathons, 10Ks, regularly ran 5Ks), and now I am not even sure I could run a mile.

So my goals are focused on getting myself back to my "I feel awesome" weight and to get back into decent running shape. I know with focus, I could lose the weight very quickly, but I also know that I need to develop a lifestyle I can sustain in the long-run. So my target timeline is to achieve my weight goal over the next six months (slow, I know), and achieve my running goal over the next 12 months.

Current Weight - 158
Goal Weight - 148

Daily/Weekly Goals:
4 30-minute cardio workouts/week
Balanced diet throughout the week (hit/don't exceed daily serving recs for fruits/veggies/proteins)
Limit alcohol consumption to 2 glasses of wine or 3 beers only ONE day per week (I struggle with this one!)

Long-Term Goals:
Sustain weight in range of 145-150
Get back into running shape - run 10 miles per week
Stay disciplined about eating habits - don't let one bad day turn into a bad week!

audball

Ideal_Rock
So far, so good this morning. I passed on the soda for breakfast (my caffeine of choice...) for water and ate my bagel plain with no butter or cream cheese. SO and I are packing for our move on Thursday, so no gym time, but I''ve lifted so many boxes the last few days, I think it counts!

Squirrly

Brilliant_Rock
yay aud! i think i''m going to make myself a protein shake then go to school and get some walking in while taking care of some errands... like that whole being registered for my next semester... whoops.

ts44

Brilliant_Rock
This is such a good idea!

I am trying to get in shape in time for the event (suspicions being what they are I believe the Question will be coming before the end of the year)...I''m at 128 but it''s a jiggly 128
12.gif
. My office started a walking program on June 1st so I signed up and now I have this big clunky pedometer attached to me always, but it has also been a great motivator.

Current weight: 128
Goal weight: 120
Daily goal: 4,000 steps on the pedo before I leave work, 3 cups of green tea, a sensible lunch around 500 calories, 20 min on the elliptical once I get home
Long-term goal: Less jiggles (arm flub, hip flub, butt flub, thigh flub
14.gif
), more body strength, better eating habits without having to think about it! Replacement of coffee with green tea, enough stamina to play tennis again without being completely knackered!

It''s 10:00AM and 1,281 steps on the pedo, took the stairs instead of the elevator (office is on the 5th floor) and parked in the furrrrthest space in the furrrrrrthest lot I could find (this may get old the first time it rains, haha). Consoled myself with the idea that nobody else is dumb enough to park out there and there will be no more worries about door dings. Drinking 1st cup of green tea. Considering lunch (hummus with chicken? black bean soup?).

purselover

Ideal_Rock
Hi all
35.gif

I''m content with my weight but would like to overall be healthier. Recently I''ve replaced my diet soda habit with water as well as started running. I''m also working on eating less dairy and sugar.

Looking forward to hearing more from you ladies!

Lekde

Shiny_Rock
I have approx 60 days to get my big fat rear end in shape for FBIL''s wedding. I should have started a LOT earlier, but if I think if I work hard enough, I can get to atleast a happy medium.

Current Weight: 190; height: 5''11. Goal Weight: 150
Weekly Goal: 30 min walk with the dog in the morning before work; 1 hour gym time after work.
Overall goal: Cut out beer during the week. Be comfortable in my own skin and how I look in photos. Right now, I disgust myself.

This is BY FAR the heaviest I have ever been. When I was preggers (10lb kid and 2 weeks over due) I topped out at 173; that was 17 pounds ago.
8.gif
I just turned 30 as well....I seriously need a kick in the rear.

Just as a disclaimer: I know I cannot loose 40 pounds in 60 days in a healthy way. I plan on about 20-25lbs and the full 40 by October.

pluck15

Shiny_Rock
Date: 6/16/2009 10:20:54 PM
Author: Jessie702

I agree with the crystal light....what i do is put it in a bottle of water and than i freeze it to a slush so it fills me up when i want something sweet and i know i shouldnt be eating! Try it, its good and like pluck said, you can take it anywhere!
Good idea on the frozen crystal light! I never thought about that. My favorites are the lemonade flavors.

Maybe I''ll try some green tea today too :)

Squirrly

Brilliant_Rock
mmm green tea slushie
18.gif

lychees are interesting fruits, but i think they''re delicious and they do have good vit-c content. i hear they''re good frozen as well.
raspberries have a decent amount of fiber, but fiberwise i got some off-brand metamucil and it''s yoummy (tastes like orange gatorade) and doesn''t have too many calories, 20 per serving.

Jessie702

Ideal_Rock
Welcome all new ladies to Bridal Bootcamp
36.gif
...if you cant check in daily thats fine. I only say check in daily because it will help keep you in line, and accountable.

Pluck- i so love the lemonade flavor one too. Its really good as a slush and very filling. I love it, i do this daily so i have something to snack on.
Audball- nice on cutting out the soda for breakfast! Ya know its okay to have lite cream cheese. Its not so bad, but goota watch portions. I for one know!
Squirrly- so how was your protein shake? O and thanks for mentioning shcool, i so need to get registered and get my finincal aid in like this week.

Ya know what i have found in my diet so far, frozen fruit is super good. Espically if you live in a hot climate like i do. I go to the store and get the frozen mix bag of fruit and suck on a piece of that instead of having like frozen desert.

So, i have started my day, i missed my early morning workout, but ill make up for it afterwork
39.gif
, i packed my lunch which is a leftover chicken sandwich, which ill take the bread off and 3 hot wings. I am having slimfast for breakfast and i brought a peach to snack on, and im on my way to make lemonade slush...mmmmmmmm
18.gif

Goodluck ladies! cant wait to hear how the day was

Bdiddy26

Rough_Rock

I started doing this with a girlfriend of mine and have lost 10 lbs already but she has since given up. So Thank you for starting this as it will really help me stay motivated

Goal weight: 105 or 110 (I’m 5’1 Shorty I know)
Current weight: 130
Goal for the day: Take each dog for their own 30 min walk, only eat around 1,400 calories
Long-term goal: Feel comfortable in my own skin, be happy with my body

Here are two websites that have really good recipes if you would like to look through them:

http://www.hungry-girl.com/
http://www.mylifetime.com/on-tv/shows/cook-yourself-thin/recipes

Squirrly

Brilliant_Rock
protein shake=
18.gif
but then again i like soy protein. no problem for mentioning school, i''ve been putting that off for awhile now.
20.gif
ah well, i suppose i should be more excited about my last semester.
peaches are yummy, i had those last week. this week is nectarines, which haven''t been as juicy as i was expecting.

pluck15

Shiny_Rock
Strawberries are my fruit of choice right now. That and red seedless grapes, they are mostly water (so less calories) but still so yummy!

I''m jealous of you girls that get to walk your dogs for exercise...my puppy lives at home with FF (its confusing, I live in CA, work in Idaho during the week, only home on weekends) so I only get to see the little guy on weekends.

How long do you freeze the crystal light?? I don''t want mine to turn into a giant block of flavored ice
3.gif

Oh, and just an fyi.....trying to stay healthy in airports sucks!

lilmissrugger

Shiny_Rock
Hooray! Thanks for starting this thread, I want to look good for my engagement photos, so I need to really reallly reallllly get going! (I'm pretty sure he's going to propose on the 4th of July- special day for us
1.gif
)

I used to weigh well over 200 a few years ago, but then I cut out soda (and I still don't drink it!). After that, I lost 20 pounds by doing nothing else! My friend and I were living together at the time and we started working out and eating right, and I lost all in all about 60-70 pounds. Since then (now three years ago--wow!!!) I have kind of yo-yoed between being really healthy and not really trying to be healthy at all. I was in rugby this last semester, so I built a TON of muscle tone, and my body is looking better, but I'm still just not there yet.
I went and spoke to the nurse practitioner about my weight, and after she weighed me, she told me that if it was my focus to get healthy, to use my measurements instead of my weight, since a lot is muscle (...and boobs. They're 36 DDD...le sigh). Buuuut even though I should focus on measurements, I still want to lose weight!
(sorry for the long background!)

Current Weight: 170
Current Natural Waist Measurement: 25
Current Pant Size: 11
Goal Weight: 150
Goal Natural Waist Measurement:...22?
1.gif

Goal Pant Size: 7 or 8

Right now I've set out a challenge to my FF and I- since we commute so much, and it's so easy, the past month we've been eating fast food nearly every day. So, we have a challenge not to eat any more fast food- so far, it's worked!!
Also, at work we can have any drink we want (so much of it is soda) but I only drink water, and I'm challenging myself to eat smaller portions- it's all about moderation!
I think today I might pick up a pedometer- that will help me get motivated :) And I'd also like to start running again, to at least condition for rugby in the fall.

Ladies- Today I challenge you to smaller portion sizes!!!

jitterymo

Shiny_Rock
I had a mug of hot apple cider (homemade!) and a bowl of strawberries for Breakfast, yeah I''m being good, and I''m still working on my water bottle...

I did my fit camp last night and we ran about 2 miles and did a bunch of other cardio and weights... I also did my elliptical for 10 mins as it was looking particularly lonely last night (i just got it back out after a week of being all put away, i had two baby showers at my house in the last week, i was pooped!)

plan is to do fit camp again tonight!!! and eat a sensible lunch and dinner... drink lots of water and get up from my desk a lot of times to walk around the office... maybe go on a walk at lunch.

Winks_Elf

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
170 and a 25" waist??? How!?!?!? I was 160 pounds, 5''9", and still had a 32 inch natural waist.
38.gif

I''m now 175, as I have put weight on over the past couple of weeks. I quit smoking. I''m freaking DREADING going for my next gown fitting.
8.gif

Lekde

Shiny_Rock
This morning I had a wheat english muffin with a 1/2 TBSP of PB on it and 2 cups of coffee (no sugar, non-fat milk). For lunch I had a peach and 1 cup of frosted mini wheats (dry) along with 1 1/2 glasses of crystal light lemonade.

I walked 2.5 miles at lunch (I work in a complex that is spread out and has multiple buildings). It took me about 40 minutes and felt friggin wonderful!!

When I get home I will cook grilled chicken and make a salad with low-caloie dressing spray- no beer!! But I will continue on with my little crystal light packets and walk the dog again another 30-45 minutes.

We (FF and I) joined our local gym yesterday and we will go as soon as he gets new kicks. Oh!! and great idea with the slushy crystal light. How long do you freeze it to make sure its slushy and not a block??

Yay for motivation and getting healthy! great job all.

Lekde

Shiny_Rock
Winks_elf: Even though you may have gone a little bit up in weight - CONGRATS on quitting smoking!!!! That is awesome!

Squirrly

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/17/2009 1:31:50 PM
Author: Lekde
Winks_elf: Even though you may have gone a little bit up in weight - CONGRATS on quitting smoking!!!! That is awesome!
+1 i''m pretty much allergic to the stuff, so i can''t understand how people can breath it all the time when i just about die from being around it for a few minutes.

36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
congratulations!! enjoy smelling your wedding
5.gif

lilmissrugger

Shiny_Rock
Squirrely- I'm allergic too, and my job has a small smoking section. I get sick if I'm around too much, but recently they passed a no-smoking in restaurants bill where i'm at, so as of next summer it'll be smoke-free!

Winks- congrats on quitting smoking, and i just realized that I put 25 and 22 instead of 35 and 32!!! Lol, oops! That would be quite insane, wouldn't it? My butt would have to be the size of texas to make that work, lol!
(maybe a freudian slip, eh?)

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/17/2009 1:30:15 PM
Author: Winks_Elf
170 and a 25' waist??? How!?!?!? I was 160 pounds, 5'9', and still had a 32 inch natural waist.
38.gif

I'm now 175, as I have put weight on over the past couple of weeks. I quit smoking. I'm freaking DREADING going for my next gown fitting.
8.gif
Seriously!

I'm 5'10"... right now about 159, and my natural waist is 30.. as of a couple of days ago.

My measurements are hilarious.

37.5-30-43

Where on EARTH did that booty and hips come from? Good LORD!

ETA: I see your correction now, lilmissrugger... I was very confused!
3.gif

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results