shape
carat
color
clarity

Living together before marriage

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

juliejewels

Rough_Rock
I am not against it, but I personally will not live with my SO until we are married. We are planning of June 2009. He has a 16 year old daughter and I am a teacher ( I have taught some of her friends in the past) and I just want to set a good example for her. I do not want it to come up with her and her friends and have them know that Miss. M is "shacking up". I do spend the night, not when she is there, I am sure she knows it, heck we have all gone on vacations together. The first vacation I made SO sleep in another bed. Dating year two SO insisted in sleeping next to me on our vacation. ( his daughter was there and we all shared a suite. ) I still felt a little funny about it.

I dunno, it is probably old fashioned. I cannot help it though. I want that ring on my finger and that full committment. We are planning on June 2009...was hoping it would be sooner, but oh well...We have the engagement ring picked, but it is not on my finger yet. I guess there is no point rushing.2009 will come quickley and by then my braces will be off for the wedding.

Man, I just hate paying double rent/mortgage for each of us to maintain our own residences, double bills... seems such a waste. but I know it will be worth the wait.

Julie

sandia_rose

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/11/2008 7:38:01 PM
Author: musey

People come here for various reasons. I, for one, came here because of the LIW forum (before I was engaged). I was suffering from the ''pre-proposal syndrome'' facetiously referenced on the landing page, and I found a community of warm women who cared enough to advise me during that time (and not just ask me what kind of diamond I''d be looking for once the proposal was on the horizon).

The site began, and is still primarily centered around, consumer education on the topic of diamonds, gemstones and general jewelry. It has since grown to be segmented to serve as a arena for the discussion of many other topics.

Just because the site began as a diamond forum doesn''t mean that that is the only purpose it serves, or that non-diamond-related topics are not as meaningful to posters on here as diamond-related ones. That may be true for you, but the people who come here to ask for advice on handling their (future) in-laws, or the death of a loved one, how to deal with bad communication from their bridal shop, or disagreements with their boyfriend, or how to pick their newest handbag... would certainly disagree with you.
(waving arms) I''m one of those people. In fact, I''m going to post about something that happened last night, because I need reassurance or tough love (not sure which).

I originally joined this board because I was having pre-proposal angst. I keep coming back because the people and advice on here is sincere. I mean, I like talking about diamonds and jewelry - that''s a lot of fun (especially when I am bored at work). But people on here have given me some really helpful, honest advice, and that means a lot to me. I''m one of those who also would rather talk in e-mail or on IM than F2F. I organize thoughts on paper/screen better than verbally.

Bridget in Connecticut.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results