shape
carat
color
clarity

Live Senate Judiciary Committee Hearing

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Frankly I am glad to have watched Lindsey Graham tell it like it is and wish he could replace McConnell.
nod.gif

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, I've already said what I think, seriously. Which is you have people who have very different versions of events, that impacts a decision who will be on the supreme court, is to have an independent inquiry. The independent inquiry may STILL not be able to determine what happened. But they can certainly interview relevant persons, rule out stuff, and are good at distinguishing between credible versus non-credible accounts.

One person answered the questions. Answered them truthfuly, in the sense if she didn't know, or didn't remember something, she said so. That's actually credible. The other person, would not answer a straight question. When asked if you would like (false) allegations against you investigated, answering no, or avoiding the question entirely -said no innocent person ever.

You know why he's angry? He's angry because he's always been the elite whose been on the giving versus receiving end. It enrages him to have to go through something like this.

It should have NEVER gotten to this point. This could have all be confidential. But Trump and committee refused to do a private inquiry. All they agreed upon was her talking to the committee, hoping she would back down. This is where it got us.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This has convinced me that Kavanaugh tried to come across and non partisan, good, a compliant, christian guy.. but he invoked God, his kid, his reputation, his daughter and, the whole vast Clinton conspiracy, democrats, etc.. he was arrogant, entitled and unkind and belittled the Dr. Ford by making it all about him.. Me, my life is ruined. Why was his friend Judge not there? I read because he was recovering from alcoholism, as if one can, recover. His temper, and lack of respect makes him not worthy of the Supreme Court (as is Clarence Thomas and Gorsuch) be this all as it may, I see no way that Collins can go for an approval, she must have abhorred his antics today. He created a political conspiracy of total right wing Trump like buzz words, Clinton (WHAT? the hell was that?) I was shocked. And Graham, what was that.. ??? seriously, both he and Kavanaugh are totally off the rails.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If Feinstein was really that concern she would have call for an investigation the day she received Ford's letter, but no, instead she decided to use the letter as a political weapon to try and delay the Kav's confirmation.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kavanaugh went from being a choir boy on Monday nights Fox News interview to today, where he didn’t answer how many drinks is too many, to asking a senator what she likes to drink. The misdirection was what you see when you ask a person with a drinking problem the same questions.

He had no empathy for Dr. Ford. It was all about how he and his family had been affected.

Twitter had a field day with his 1982 calendar yesterday. I’m surprised it didn’t have a “didn’t rape anyone” entry on it.

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mr. Graham’s theatrics were shameful and embarrassing. I felt vomit in my throat the entire time I watched him PERFORM his false anger.

What would you expect? Another insulting con job from a Republican who believes his constituents are too stupid to see through him.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Truth often is.
Rape was proven today? I must have missed that revelation in the hours of testimony I listened to and watched.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rape was proven today?
The only thing that was proved (again) today is our political system is broken and both parties deserve whatever insults are hurled at them. Graham's little hissy fit did not come from the heart or an aggrieved moral center. His eyes did not show any emotion whatsoever. It was performance art. I'm ok with him being mocked and memed (I just made up that word) even if it's not technically accurate.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The only thing that was proved (again) today is our political system is broken and both parties deserve whatever insults are hurled at them. Graham's little hissy fit did not come from the heart or an aggrieved moral center. His eyes did not show any emotion whatsoever. It was performance art. I'm ok with him being mocked and memed (I just made up that word) even if it's not technically accurate.
Well we can agree that both parties need insults hurled at them. Reps for being such pussies when it comes to letting Dems get away with the crap they do and Dems for being the skeevy slick disgusting group that they showed themselves to be in this circus.

Octo2005

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
But the PIG is 100% correct. The Ds did this for political reasons only.
Whatever the reasons that these allegations came out, don't you agree that they need to be thoroughly investigated. There are now 3-4 separate women with accusations of a sexual nature and the events were discussed with other people long before Kav was on anyone's radar, which would disprove any political motivation.

As far as I am concerned, his Mr. Hyde performance that came out proved to me that he is not fit to serve on the SC. He does not have the temperament and has proven himself deeply biased.

On that note, I do believe his accusers. I see no logical reason for a person to subject themselves to this just for a political motivation.

Last edited:

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Reports just coming in that the committee will vote Friday.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well we can agree that both parties need insults hurled at them. Reps for being such pussies when it comes to letting Dems get away with the crap they do and Dems for being the skeevy slick disgusting group that they showed themselves to be in this circus.

This is going to seem nit-picky, but every time I see the word "pussy" used as a derogatory term, to call someone weak, I have to interject. This is part of the culture our society perpetuates. Do you teach your sons to use that term to call others weak? The underlying, insidious message to people is that pussy=woman=weak. I'm not ok with that. Words mean things. They also have connotations and they contribute to both positive and negative thought processes.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
On that note, I do believe his accusers. I see no logical reason for a person to subject themselves to this just for a political motivation.
As do every Dems. even before this hearing ..So what else is new?

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is going to seem nit-picky, but every time I see the word "pussy" used as a derogatory term, to call someone weak, I have to interject. This is part of the culture our society perpetuates. Do you teach your sons to use that term to call others weak? The underlying, insidious message to people is that pussy=woman=weak. I'm not ok with that. Words mean things. They also have connotations and they contribute to both positive and negative thought processes.
Thanks for your opinion and it is noted. I would assume you feel the same about the word dick that is regularly thrown around as well?

FancyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I feel very sad watching the entire inquiry today, and I have lost faith in democracy which US Proudly stands for. The accused danced around and avoided key questions. When being confronted or backed into a corner with key questions, he kept repeating the same lines, which were irrelevant to the questions. Towards the end, the inquiry turned into a shouting match among politicians, and the accused happily kept his mouth shut, avoiding more questions.
Dr. Ford came across genuine and convincing. She has earned my respect. The accused, on the other hand, impressed me as someone not forthcoming and sly. I am so very sad, because I am Republican myself.

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am having a nice scotch after a long day. My son scored his first touchdown in football tonite! I was so fun to watch and a MUCH needed break.

Anyway, I'm just mentally exhausted after today. But I think Kavanaugh was unbelievably defensive and aggressive. And his ramblings were VERY bizarre. The football captain top of my class yearbook exchanges were sooooooo weird. He sounded like an 8th grader arguing with a teacher he didn't like. I also can't believe the way he spoke to the senators and came right in championing for Trump, just absolutely destroying his previous testimony of being bi-partisan. If anyone was on the fence about him, I think his behavior should push them to the no side, but not sure it will.

Ford was calm cool and collected. Kavanaugh was an absolute shit show- I'm not sure why he didn't choose to use an attorney. A few attorneys have commented that he did exactly what they fear their clients would do under testimony- explode.

And Lindsey Graham is an absolute disgrace. He was so belligerent today. They are just trying to bully Kavanaugh through.

Booker is also theatrical to a point. Kamala Harris is amazing and would make a great presidential candidate. Booker just isn't there yet.

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kavanaugh went from being a choir boy on Monday nights Fox News interview to today, where he didn’t answer how many drinks is too many, to asking a senator what she likes to drink. The misdirection was what you see when you ask a person with a drinking problem the same questions.

He had no empathy for Dr. Ford. It was all about how he and his family had been affected.

Twitter had a field day with his 1982 calendar yesterday. I’m surprised it didn’t have a “didn’t rape anyone” entry on it.

I was struck by how he kept insisting that the party in question was on a weekend and how his calendar shows that he was away every weekend. The party he claims to have no recall of because he says it didn’t happen. But he’s sure it was on a weekend. But he then later admitted to attending gatherings with people and drinking beer mid week (but wouldn’t answer how much beer - I’m surprised he didn’t document that in his calendar too given how obsessed he seemed with documenting everything else...)

It was a lot of bluster, anger, finger pointing, spouting the Republican Party line talking points, and dodging and weaving any meaningful question. I can’t say I was impressed.

I did read somewhere that his intention was to impress and court Trump.

FancyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Who won today? Trump. He got what he wants.
Who lost today? Those Republicans who are due for re-election.

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree, Kamala Harris was impressive. I assume the votes will fall along party lines, as usual. Just an extremely sad day.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for your opinion and it is noted. I would assume you feel the same about the word dick that is regularly thrown around as well?

Yes, and no. When people call others "dick," they aren't trying to say the person is weak. They're saying the person is rude and/or aggressive. Not exactly like equating a woman's genitalia with weakness.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results