shape
carat
color
clarity

Live Senate Judiciary Committee Hearing

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would think he would welcome an impartial investigation to clear his name, whether he gets this job that he is applying for or not. He is a federal judge in the public eye. You’d think he wouldn’t want this to follow him.

@cmd2014 I’m sorry; that was actually kinda arrogant/bitchy and I didn’t mean it. I’ve been battling a raging headache this afternoon on top of work. I apologize.

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@cmd2014 I’m sorry; that was actually kinda arrogant/bitchy and I didn’t mean it. I’ve been battling a raging headache this afternoon on top of work. I apologize.

No need to apologize. It’s been a tough day. (And I didn’t think you were being arrogant or bitchy).

Last edited:

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh so now we've invoked god so whatever kav says has to be true because christians never lie....

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
When Durbin asked Kavanaugh to ask for an FBI investigation, he didnt ask for an FBI investigation. That was telling. Innocent people generally have nothing to hide.
I heard him answer Senator Feinstein that he welcomed an FBI investigation.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not an FBI investigation @Bonfire. He kept talking about the hearing which is what they are having today. He wanted the hearing to take place days ago.

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Are any of the networks reporting this? I didn't hear him answer, but admittedly I was at times scattered in watching the coverage.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I thought he repeatedly replied that he'd welcome whatever the Judiciary Committee decided but I don't recall him saying he'd welcome an FBI investigation.

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hate how he felt the need to point out repeatedly that he was first in his class and captain of the football team, all of that means absolutely nothing.

He behaved like a petulant child.

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I thought he repeatedly replied that he'd welcome whatever the Judiciary Committee decided but I don't recall him saying he'd welcome an FBI investigation.
I stand corrected. Thanks Matata.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
In some ways he reminds me of Cosby who arrogantly thought because he was a star that he was immune from criticism let alone the law. I'm sure trump's base thinks he's fabulous because he is being belligerent and combative and they like that a whole lot.

When Kavanaugh first started to testify, despite how deeply I had believed Christine Blasey Ford, I felt some sympathy for him. That very soon disappeared, however, as he alleged conspiracy among his detractors and consistently hedged on the FBI investigation. (He is sooooo disingenuous!) I noticed he would often smirk for a moment when he thought it was safe.He is a real piece of work, a real con artist.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

You are quite right! On the contrary, he said "no" to Kamala Harris when she asked him if he would ask for one. He spent the whole hearing running from an FBI investigation!!!

Every time it was brought up he said, "The FBI cannot draw conclusions".

Yes, Brett, we know. The FBI cannot do anything, That is why you refuse to invite them in. Because they have no abilities. He thinks the Democrats and the American people are idiots.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kamala Harris asked Kavanaugh point blank if he would request an FBI investigation into these new allegations. . He replied he would do what the committee wanted him to do. She replied that was not an answer to her question. Will YOU request an FBI investigation? He started talking in circles again. She replied I will take your answer as no.

This was a sham today.

I wonder how many women feel sick today?

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The only minds possibly changed today were Collins and Murkowsky. Those are the only ones that matter at this point.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can you imagine what the reaction would have been if Dr. Ford had come out angry, belligerent and a mess the way Kavanaugh did? I do not think Kavanaugh has the temperment to be a Supreme Court judge after his 45 minute speech?

My guess is Collins will vote for Kavanaugh.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The only minds possibly changed today were Collins and Murkowsky. Those are the only ones that matter at this point.

What about Jeff Flake? You don't think he's a possible "no" on Kavanaugh? (I admit I am not counting on him, but I would have thought his vote was in play before the hearings.)

(By the way, this is an opinion question. ;)))

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What about Jeff Flake? You don't think he's a possible "no" on Kavanaugh? (I admit I am not counting on him, but I would have thought his vote was in play before the hearings.)

(By the way, this is an opinion question. ;)))
Jeff Flake, don't know. But he has a perfect last name. I am sure when they caucus tonight there will be plenty said to him behind closed doors.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What about Jeff Flake?

Screen Shot 2018-09-27 at 4.55.10 PM.png FWIW, the pundits have predicted that Flake will vote in favor of Kav based on his past behavior of denigrating trump and rep policy and still toeing to party line.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
After thinking about the whole day's testimony, I feel Ford was a credible witness and could see how she has been affected by this whole circus and what has happened to her. I feel very bad for her. However if someone is being honest they cannot dismiss Kavanaugh's testimony without seeing how terribly this has affected him and his family. This is a he said she said and we will never know what happened. So no minds have changed because there is no more evidence than there was yesterday, other than exposing the lawyers, and maybe Feinstein (though I would like to believe her), did not have Ford's best interests in mind.

Frankly I am glad to have watched Lindsey Graham tell it like it is and wish he could replace McConnell.

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have officially run out of worlds for "disgusting."

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results