shape
carat
color
clarity

little Maddy the Madagascar sapphire

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/2/2008 12:40:42 PM
Author: katiedid
LS, your sapphire is just perfection to me. I''m really starting to think this stone is too deep. It''s ok - I would rather return it and start over than set it and not be 100% happy with it. I''m just looking for you guys to say ''I would/would not keep that stone!''
emsmile.gif

thanks again for your feedback - I really appreciate it!
You are the only one who can say that for sure. And, there''s probably a big difference if you were purchasing the stone for an ER or a RH ring, versus an "occasional" piece of jewelry.

So I''m not willing to say would/would not, except to say, if it were me and for my ER, I''d pass. But, if I really wanted a bit of blue bling to wear for fun, and wasn''t investing a ton of $$ in it, I''d keep it.

LS

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/2/2008 4:45:42 PM
Author: katiedid
I think I might wear it more often too. I''m more casual so that''ll probably fit me better.
emsmile.gif
This is what I''m running into with myself. I''m a jeans and V neck kinda girl. And even at work, it''s black pants and a nice shirt most days. So, I don''t want to get a bunch of bling that''s too dressy for me to wear every day.

This is why I gravitate towards simple settings/ clean lines most of the time.

That said - some day, when DH is an old lawyer, I''m pretty sure I''ll be sufficiently blinged out.
9.gif

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, I sent Maddy back to Thailand this morning. I wonder how long it''ll take to get back there? I gave up on the "I''ll find a sapphire and make a pendant" and decided to order a pretty little birthday gift for myself from my favorite jewerlry sales person whose name happens to be Lesley... she''s going to take care of finding the stones for me so that''s a load off my shoulders!
emteeth.gif
Stay tuned for photos when I get them from WF! I can''t wait!

I do have colored stone plans though--my hubby''s birthstone is garnet so I''ve decided that since it''s his birthstone and I''m from NC (where rhodolite garnets were discovered and are apparently mined - who knew???), I have decided I need to find some little rhodolite garnets for earrings or something.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results