shape
carat
color
clarity

Little darling....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
I think they'll get along!

beautyspinel30.jpg

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
Phew!

is that enough for you Freke?

NF- yup, though it doesn''t hold a candle to yours!

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
I meant your sapphire NeatFreak, this one is a spinel. Sorry, I shouldn''t try to post and watch the Sox at the same time.

So far it''s only been the soft blue that Dan posted once, in direct bright light. I love the color though, my concerns were that it wouldn''t be large enough or have the spinel grey/blue.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
OMG Mercoledi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It''s absolutely gorgeous!!!! Now what are you going to do with it?

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh, wow! It''s GORGEOUS!!!!!! I definitely need to see more pics of that lovely!!!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous!!!

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
AWESOME COLOR.....LOVE IT!!!!

Lori

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty and sparkly!!

E B

Ideal_Rock
It''s amazing.
30.gif

bling addict

Brilliant_Rock
Ooh it''s pretty Mercoledi!
30.gif
30.gif

Thanks for posting pics!

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Wow that''s really pretty! Gotta get on the waiting list for one of those puppies!

gladyskristen

Brilliant_Rock
Wooh mama! What an awesome stone! Hmm... bracelet vs. solitaire huh? How about a bar-set solitaire bangle that''s the same width as ur stone? I''m talking about those oval bangles with a clasp that allows it to fit around the smallest part of your wrist. That was my first thought IF IT WERE MY STONE...
30.gif

AdiS

Brilliant_Rock
What a beauty!
30.gif
I think it''ll look gorgeous as a solitaire!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Oh, my word. LOVE IT! So jealous- it''s gorgeous!!! What a unique color!
18.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Merc, its FAB!!!
30.gif

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a beauty! I love asscher gemstones!!!
30.gif

laurel25

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, wow! I love the color of that stone! And the asscher shape just really sets it off perfectly!

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
SDL- Thanks! I think so too!

Freke- I'm not sure. I had initially wanted to make a solitaire bracelet, bezel set on a thin chain, but I think it really wants to be in a prong-set trellis solitaire like Ms. Ellen's aqua beauty. My new plan is to take it to Karina Mattei and see if she has any ideas.

Lauren- More pics? Really? Well... I can't lie, I have some outdoor shots but not the cable to my camera, so soon, but not yet! I love your collections by the way, your colored stones and your diamonds, and you still have my all-time favorite full bezel.

Marcyc- Thanks!

Loriken- It's so many colors! It's really very purplish under office lights and blue blue blue outdoors.

CatMom/Michelle- Thanks! Your color change is just amazing too! This asscher throws little sparkles off the corners and big, broad flashes off the steps. Sadly, my camera sucks at picking up fire
20.gif

Ebree- Thanks! I know you wanted it; I'm sure more asscher spinel's will be on the way. Can you believe that mountain of spinel rough?!?

BlingAddict- My pleasure! Though DH now thinks I'm certifiable....

Kelli- Contact Dan, I was a tad nervous because it's a tough cut to do well, but the man has it down! I'm still trying to count out the crown and pavilion factets; maybe Storm will see this and help!

GladysKristen- I was thinking of putting it bezel set in a static position in a chain, but the bangle idea is interesting, and I do have wider bracelets that I wear all the time and love. Thanks!

Thanks AdiS, I think that's what it wants to be, but I want to spend some time with it first. I wonder if DH will mind if I wear it with my w-band.

GekoDani- Isn't it something? I love the grey cast it has indoors, but I'm out in full sun now and it's blue blue blue!

Yay! Lorelei likes it!! Thanks!

CCN and Laurel- Isn't it a pretty cut in a gemstone? The steps are lively and really easy to see, the cut is the first thing my friend ( who isn't a diamond/gemstone person ) noticed! I love the mix of sparkle and flashes.

This bracelet was the original inspiration. I'd like to have several strands, each with one or a few bezel-set stones that I can swap on and off of a common clasp, sort of the bracelet equivalent of stacking rings. Lesson #1: start with much smaller stones!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s beautiful and I
30.gif
the color of that stone!!!! Did you chose a setting yet?

Linda

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Linda!

I just found this trellis-esque setting at JA that is amazingly exactly the width and look of my wedding band and is pretty affordable.

I''m concerned though that if I wear this ring as a set with my w-band it might hurt DH''s feelings since I don''t wear my e-ring and band together and designed a w-band that doesn''t suite my e-ring. He doesn''t mine when I wear that tiny sapphire with my band, but I think a 1ct solitaire (with a kicken blue asscher) is a slightly different beast. We shall see!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG!!! I LOVE that stone!! I just love the color and the cutting, it reminds me of looking into a hall of mirrors when I see superbly cut asscher stones like that. Thanks for all the pictures of that glorious stone!!

l0v3lif3

Rough_Rock
That''s an awesome stone, I can''t wait to see it set.

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
Thank you Tourmaline and Loves Life! I adore this stone, I can''t believe I get to keep it! I have to get it set soon though, I can''t just tote it around with me all day; I''ve already dropped it once.

Ok, new photo drop. DISCLAIMER: I assure you, all of these pictures are of the same stone. Honestly.

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
A familiar blue-grey.

spinelmerc01.jpg

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
Lovely in purple

spinelmerc02.jpg

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
What the heck? Did the bath change its color?

spinelmerc2.jpg

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
Finally some sun! Do all stones tan blue? My diamond does as well...

spinelmerc4.jpg

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
Rich blue steps

spinelmerc5.jpg

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
Colorful in the shade

spinelmerc6.jpg

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
blue through and through

spinelmerc11.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results