shape
carat
color
clarity

little brown ascher setting ideas please

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I need help! I purchased this little brown ascher on a whim from Alex Parks several months ago because I've always wanted to try a brownish stone.

I'm trying to figure out what to do with it. I originally thought that I'd do something like this:
1606263081531.png
But I have to find the round stone, which is fine, but it has to be the right size. I'd like an OEC for the project because I just prefer them, but finding one hasn't been easy. So now I'm looking for other potential settings for the stone. Any ideas that any of you might have would be welcome. The only other thing I've thought of would be a halo with baguettes to give it a bit more size. I will be setting it in either rose or yellow gold, depending on what I end up deciding, but I'm stumped and you all are always so clever with ideas I thought I'd come and ask for your help. Regardless, for the US folks, I hope you have a nice, relaxing, and safe Thanksgiving.

maryjane04

Brilliant_Rock
Oh wow congrats on your little purchase. Could you ask Alex to source you an OEC? I think also OWD should have plenty in that size?

Otherwise I would love this kind of halo:
asscherhalo.PNG

Another unusual style is this (not sure about the prong orientation though):
asscher3stone.PNG

I really like this style but maybe instead of having the base flat, have it come up into a V and the asscher floating at the bottom of the V.
asscher tiara.PNG

LOL I won't be offended if you don't like any of these options hahaha.

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Paisley2628 I actually like the first one a lot and it is kind of what I was thinking if I don't do the toi e moi. I'm shying away from anything like a three stone as I just had one made. The third is interesting, but kind of not "me" if you know what I mean. Thank you so much for the recommendations. On the top one, would you think that replacing the small rounds with baguettes to fit the corners would work? That's more of what I was thinking.

monipod

Brilliant_Rock
I'm not a fan of halos but that asscher would look gorgeous framed in rose gold with bright white melee in white gold around it.

winnietucker

Ideal_Rock
Big fan of toi et mois. I think it’s look great.

maryjane04

Brilliant_Rock
You could have a custom cut trapezoid that would fit in that gap.

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@maryjane04 yes, that's what I was thinking.
@monipod I'm not a big halo fan either which is why I thought baguettes instead of round melee would work better for me.
I've also thought I could do something like this but not sure this would work with the Ascher. But I do like it a lot.
1606266646746.png

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results