shape
carat
color
clarity

Lisa Eldridge jewellery...

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Anyone checked these out? https://www.lisaeldridge.com/shop/jewellery/#.XRv0oOgzaUk :read:

I adore Lisa and have long been a fan of her makeup tutorials but I am rather gobsmacked that her rings are >400 pounds for non-precision cut (ethically sourced) semi-precious gems in silver and gold.

They are very pretty but a very simple bezel design so nothing astounding craftsmanship-wise... Thoughts? Anyone own one?

eg.
5_0_HERO_RD_180512_medium.jpg
The Eva
Oval Cut Amethyst in Silver
£390.00 inc. free worldwide shipping

THE-SOPHIE-30_0_HERO_R_medium.jpg
The Sophie
Cushion Cut Tourmaline in 18ct Gold
£4800.00 inc. free worldwide shipping

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Waaaayyyy overpriced.
It’s hardly cutting edge design or exquisite workmanship so I’d never buy a ring like that for $6,000 US, even with free shipping!
$1,500 absolute max new but I’d buy it pre loved on eBay for $400 next year!

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
They seem to be a big hit in a purse forum but I can’t figure out why. I set my precision cut tourmaline in a custom design with substantial side diamonds and platinum for less than one of her poorly cut ones.

Sungura

Brilliant_Rock
Wow. Not sure where to start. Aside from the really high prices and minimal descriptions, the rings seem a bit shallow and the stones are windowed. I think this may have been a design decision because at proper depth the 10mm stones like rhodolite and iolite would be too dark.

Disappointing but not surprising

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yeah she must be making a killing from these prices... :whistle:

qubitasaurus

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Ouch, I don't know what to say beyond I am going to serriously mistrust anything esle she does after this.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Overpriced for me for nothing special for me too.
DK :))

GeliL

Shiny_Rock
I think she is sourcing William Welstead, and his stuff is amazingly expensive. If you want higher end UK jewelry, William White on Etsy is a portion of her price.

I love Lisa Eldridge though, I actually bought one of her new lipsticks

strawrose

Brilliant_Rock
I haven’t bought from William White yet, but they are very responsive and will set customer stones.

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I saw these when they first came out. I like Lisa and the rings are pretty, but I, too, was gobsmacked when I saw the prices. No way I would pay that much for what it is. That said, someone is buying them, as they are always sold out.

voce

Ideal_Rock
I saw these when they first came out. I like Lisa and the rings are pretty, but I, too, was gobsmacked when I saw the prices. No way I would pay that much for what it is. That said, someone is buying them, as they are always sold out.
...maybe the always being sold out is a marketing ploy to increase demand?

GeliL

Shiny_Rock
...maybe the always being sold out is a marketing ploy to increase demand?

I watched her video about her rings. She says she makes them a little bit at a time. i believe she only has a couple of her 7000(!!!) GBP emerald ring. The price also goes into her ring boxes, which are hand made in the UK..etc etc. She is a famous makeup artist for Hollywood celebs, so it puts more perspective into her things being expensive I guess.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well when you think how much people pay for famous designer clothes that aren’t that fabulous (cough Stella McCartney cough cough), I guess that does put that into perspective.

voce

Ideal_Rock
Well when you think how much people pay for famous designer clothes that aren’t that fabulous (cough Stella McCartney cough cough), I guess that does put that into perspective.
It's funny you thought of her too. I was using her as an example yesterday to tell my coworker why high prices don't necessarily guarantee the purse is made of leather. :mrgreen2:

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's funny you thought of her too. I was using her as an example yesterday to tell my coworker why high prices don't necessarily guarantee the purse is made of leather. :mrgreen2:

High prices clearly don't guarantee a nice cut or colour in gemstones either. :lol::lol::lol::eek-2::eek-2::eek-2:

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It certainly helps to have a extremely legendary father, and tons of celebrity friends, doesn’t it?

As for Lisa Eldridge, maybe her celeb friends are helping to promote that jewelry by wearing it. That certainly makes the price skyrocket.

elizat

Ideal_Rock
They seem to be a big hit in a purse forum but I can’t figure out why. I set my precision cut tourmaline in a custom design with substantial side diamonds and platinum for less than one of her poorly cut ones.

Years ago I used to be active on the forum I think you are mentioning.

I always found that the jewelry taste on that board ran more towards brands. I know that with mrb diamonds @ame provided a lot of education and help, but there really is an ingrained preference by many for a brand. U chalk it up to that.

I personally would not buy a piece from her. It looks like something you would find on Etsy for under $150- and I'm not saying it to be mean. It's very overpriced for what it is.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So I think to know why they're so expensive, you'd have to know who Lisa Eldridge is. I do (she's a fabulous makeup artist has been in the business for years, worked on famous fashion models, shoots, and magazines, does movie work, works for Lancome) and I own some of her lipsticks. (she had new shades out for those interested and her original set will be out the end of July (so buying that set.my originals are down to knubs!!)

The jewelry is OK, but Pricescope has spoiled me. The jewelry isn't anything special from where I sit and I can and have made the same thing for a lot less. But for some who just don't know, they'd be considered divine...:roll2: Oh well, not my money.

Where she can do no wrong is those damn lippies of her.....:love: Good lippies I'm always willing to pay money for.

Grymera

Shiny_Rock
Where she can do no wrong is those damn lippies of her.....:love: Good lippies I'm always willing to pay money for.

I hope so! I splurged and bought "Go Lightly" from her latest launch. $40 for a lipstick!! It better blow my socks off.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do her lipsticks stay on really well? Why so expensive? I like MAX.for lipstick.

GeliL

Shiny_Rock
I hope so! I splurged and bought "Go Lightly" from her latest launch. $40 for a lipstick!! It better blow my socks off.

I have Go Lightly and it's a bit too light on my skin and I am pretty fair already (NC15). But I love her velvets! I have the jazz and its one of my fav red lipstick.

Do her lipsticks stay on really well? Why so expensive? I like MAX.for lipstick.

Her lipsticks are just very comfortable and has nice and even colour payoff, application is also super smooth. Also her packaging is magnetic and in general feels really luxurious. I think it's better than most of the higher end lipsticks (Marc Jacobs ,etc), but if you don't love her and prefer drugstore, i don't think it makes that much of a difference.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium

They're not what I would consider transfer proof but they do last reasonably well once set. Generally more expensive because the presentation (which are gorgeous), the container is really beautiful not tacky, feels good in hand and never comes apart in my landmine of a bag (they use magnetic closure). The formula does feel very luxurious and its build-able to the color depth you want without being patchy. I have used them as a creme blush on occasion so multi usable.

I like them more than my Dior Lippies, which feel like full body armor (but in their defense they are non transferable matte!)

I find them to be on par with Bite Beauty in terms of comfort. Bite is a good company (have more than a few) but I get pissed when they discontinue my favorites (I had a velvet red lippie that was my everything!!) Reason why I bought Lisa's was to replace that Red, which I had never found anywhere else.

I do like that Lisa does keep distribution small.

Reactions: T L

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium

When you receive it let me know your thoughts! I skipped this time around because I'm waiting for end of july. I.Must.Have.My.Red!

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Years ago I used to be active on the forum I think you are mentioning.

I always found that the jewelry taste on that board ran more towards brands. I know that with mrb diamonds @ame provided a lot of education and help, but there really is an ingrained preference by many for a brand. U chalk it up to that.

I personally would not buy a piece from her. It looks like something you would find on Etsy for under $150- and I'm not saying it to be mean. It's very overpriced for what it is.
BINGO. Like, right on. That sub can be intensely irritating to me because the belief that Tiffany and Cartier and HW are superior products is so ingrained--and as we all know, that they are superior is total bs!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results