shape
carat
color
clarity

Lightbox necklace pendant

Septemberwedding

Rough_Rock
Hi guys,

Can anyone tell me if it is possible to reset this necklace into a ring setting? Or is the hole in the diamond a problem for most jewellers?

For resetting into a ring, is a better bet to go with this instead: https://lightboxjewelry.com/collect...taire-pendant_white_sterling-silver_0-75carat

Much appreciated for your advice!

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
paging @DoeEyes i think she looked into the possibility of resetting the pierced pendant and decided against it

MRBXXXFVVS1

Brilliant_Rock
The pierced diamond will have structural challenges and will be difficult to clean. This is the largest, colorless, round Lightbox stone option:

If you are able to wait until the end of the year, I heard larger stones are coming...

Septemberwedding

Rough_Rock
The pierced diamond will have structural challenges and will be difficult to clean. This is the largest, colorless, round Lightbox stone option:

If you are able to wait until the end of the year, I heard larger stones are coming...

Thank you for the tip. I’ll definitely wait!

DoeEyes

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry for the delay! Yep my jeweler said he could cover it with a prong but it would be a trap for dirt and grime and I would have to be really careful to keep it clean and get it cleaned frequently. I asked about structural integrity and he didn't have a strong opinion other than to say that yes, putting a hole in ANYTHING will make it a little less structurally sound. My verdict was that a .88 without a hole is better than a full carat with a hole. Visually almost identical size. See my history for pics of my .88 carat solitaire reset from Lightbox.

Miss_LK

Rough_Rock

OdetteOdile

Brilliant_Rock

Septemberwedding

Rough_Rock
Wow great! That must’ve literally come out today as I didn’t see it yesterday. Do you guys think it will sell out quickly?

Dhana

Shiny_Rock
Probably , I don’t know why they don’t offer enough stock!
their strategy leaves my head scratch!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Probably , I don’t know why they don’t offer enough stock!
their strategy leaves my head scratch!

Actually it's not uncommon in terms of marketing strategy when trying to hone in on a new market. Not investing in making too many of a product before getting feedback means they sell out a lot but also that they can adapt to feedback quickly. For example this new 1 ct pendant is now in 10k white gold and not silver, presumably because they probably got a lot of requests for gold and so can now (probably) turn a slightly better profit setting them in 10k for a higher price.

At least that's my guess on the strategy. If I were them, I'd do the same thing to figure out how much I can charge for what and what is most popular/in demand without committing too much up front.

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just saw an IG LB post that the 1ct is available in WG and will be available in YG soon. Looks like they have decent stock as the WG is still available when I checked today.

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
I just checked again and it says sold out.

Miss_LK

Rough_Rock
Looks like they restocked!

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I still show it as available as well.

Miss_LK

Rough_Rock
I have one coming too! I have a .80 round diamond (slightly larger, but can't remember exact carat weight off the top of my head). It's I colored and either VS2 or VS1 and is GIA XXX. I'll try to compare them since they'll be close in size.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have one coming too! I have a .80 round diamond (slightly larger, but can't remember exact carat weight off the top of my head). It's I colored and either VS2 or VS1 and is GIA XXX. I'll try to compare them since they'll be close in size.

Me too @Miss_LK! I have a Tiffany .72 vvs2 I color platinum diamond pendant. I’m going to put them side by side to compare. Please do the same!

Miss_LK

Rough_Rock
Me too @Miss_LK! I have a Tiffany .72 vvs2 I color platinum diamond pendant. I’m going to put them side by side to compare. Please do the same!

I'll do my best. I'm sure you'll probably do a much better job and providing pictures and comparisons (if you plan to do so). I'm actually really bad at photographing jewelry. But it'll be nice for me to be able to see and compare irl.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'll do my best. I'm sure you'll probably do a much better job and providing pictures and comparisons (if you plan to do so). I'm actually really bad at photographing jewelry. But it'll be nice for me to be able to see and compare irl.

@Miss_LK I stink at photographing my jewelry. I also am not the best at determining cut. I only go by what my eyes tell me. Between the two of us we can maybe get a good idea!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Heh. I might have ordered one too...
I can put it next to my AV MRB moissy is we are taking about cut quality.

I have been watching their site for a while now...I just have to see how it compares to the diamonds. I have to say...the AV mrb is so well cut...I’m still missing the one I sold.

Miss_LK

Rough_Rock
I may have convinced my SO to order the yellow gold version when it comes out too. Lol. I don't plan to keep both. I figured I'll keep whichever one that has the stone I prefer. This of course depends on them actually coming out with the yellow gold version soon enough for me to order and receive it with enough time left to return the wg version if I prefer the yg.

vintageloves

Shiny_Rock
The yellow gold is available for preorder! And says it‘ll be available on the 267th of February. Lol. Can’t wait.

I definitely want one, but I’m having a hard time deciding. I have the blue 3/4 solitaire in blue/silver and worry the white gold version might be too similar.

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The yellow gold is available for preorder! And says it‘ll be available on the 267th of February. Lol. Can’t wait.
The 267th of February? You might be waiting a while... lol :lol:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I just got an email that my pendant will be delivered on Thursday!
@MakingTheGrade Do you know when yours is coming? I think you ordered yours before mine..

vintageloves

Shiny_Rock
The 267th of February? You might be waiting a while... lol :lol:

I’ve been hoping all morning they would fix the typo.

Who is going to volunteer themselves to take side by side pictures of both versions? Does 10k gold tarnish?

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I’ve been hoping all morning they would fix the typo.

Who is going to volunteer themselves to take side by side pictures of both versions? Does 10k gold tarnish?

@vintagegloves I will take a video of them if I can’t get good photos. I stink at taking them with my phone. 10k is very sturdy. I have a 10k white gold bracelet with diamonds..It hasn’t tarnished yet. It will get a somewhat duller appearance like platinum over time. I take it in to be rhodium dipped and it looks great.
Hit the report button and ask them to fix the typo.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results