shape
carat
color
clarity

Lightbox has a countdown

DoeEyes

Brilliant_Rock
I don’t think it would if they are putting it in a necklace. I can see this with bigger decorative prongs and being in a setting with more gold around it...I don’t think you like a bezel setting but something that shows gold behind it to make the bigger prongs part of a design and not out of place.

Yeah I don't like bezels or really anything but the Tiffany 6-prong I have. If it comes available I might order it and take it to my jeweler to see what he can do. Worst case I can return it.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yeah I don't like bezels or really anything but the Tiffany 6-prong I have. If it comes available I might order it and take it to my jeweler to see what he can do. Worst case I can return it.
If the hole wasn’t completely covered dirt and grime would get inside and be near impossible to clean too..

vintageloves

Shiny_Rock
I bought a princess cut 1ct Lightbox diamond and was impressed by it. I saw the drilled 1ct rounds yesterday and find them rather silly. They are nowhere near natural diamond prices, but as casual jewelry pieces, I do not like the small wire of metal that is the only thing between the diamond falling off and staying on the necklace — especially given how low quality the setting and chain was in the 1ct princess cut.

Between relying on the tiny piece of metal to suspend the diamond that could fail, and a hole potentially compromising the strength of the diamond, I just can’t see these being super popular. Unless people do exactly what you say and simply take them out of the settings anyway and get creative in setting them in rings, which defeats their clear intended purpose in drilling holes in them.

The 1ct pierced pendant has already sold out. I think the earrings are quite nice.

I thought the pink hearts were silly, but to each their own. I'm just glad they are continuing to release new items. I'm looking forward to more bracelets and rings!

DoeEyes

Brilliant_Rock
If the hole wasn’t completely covered dirt and grime would get inside and be near impossible to clean too..
Hmm ok. Maybe worth it to keep waiting. I'm just starting to doubt they will ever release the full 1 carat round white diamond now that I see this game they are playing. Drilling a freaking hole in it to make it useless in anything but the necklace. Ugh, I really hate them. Wish someone else would compete.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hmm ok. Maybe worth it to keep waiting. I'm just starting to doubt they will ever release the full 1 carat round white diamond now that I see this game they are playing. Drilling a freaking hole in it to make it useless in anything but the necklace. Ugh, I really hate them. Wish someone else would compete.
I agree...I got so frustrated with them I stopped looking. It’s just a matter of time someone else will come out with a good selection and not play games.

DoeEyes

Brilliant_Rock
The pierced necklace came back in stock... And I ordered it.

I'll see what my jeweler thinks seeing it in person. And I'll post pics when it's here of course.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
The pierced necklace came back in stock... And I ordered it.

I'll see what my jeweler thinks seeing it in person. And I'll post pics when it's here of course.
Great! I can’t wait to see it and see what they have to say about covering the hole!

Miss_LK

Rough_Rock
I feel like lightbox is being a bit petty with the new necklace. The design isn't even a great necklace/pendant design in my opinion. without a setting to hold the diamond, I feel like the diamond won't sit against the skin and face forward. It will constantly be facing different angles, if not just sitting completely turned around. At least the earrings shouldn't have that issue. But I guess they're just avoiding selling a 1ct white diamond that can be reset at all costs, including drilling a hole through the stone. Either way, I look forward to seeing what people who bought the pendant have to say.

MissStepcut

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I had the same reaction, Miss_LK. What a silly design. But I also thought it looked prong-able so I can't wait to see how that goes.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

DoeEyes

Brilliant_Rock
@frogplus Did you get your pendant yet?
Not yet, they attempted delivery on Friday but no one was home, I scheduled it for delivery today when my fiancé was working from home but no update from him. Yesterday they emailed me saying they accidentally sent the half carat and to ship it back, and that they have the full carat version set aside for me but won't ship it until this one is returned. I emailed back saying it hasn't been delivered yet so they should just contact FedEx to return to them. No response. They are a shitshow tbh, customer service is really bad. I actually want them to deliver it to see if it really was a half carat because I honestly don't trust them.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Not yet, they attempted delivery on Friday but no one was home, I scheduled it for delivery today when my fiancé was working from home but no update from him. Yesterday they emailed me saying they accidentally sent the half carat and to ship it back, and that they have the full carat version set aside for me but won't ship it until this one is returned. I emailed back saying it hasn't been delivered yet so they should just contact FedEx to return to them. No response. They are a shitshow tbh, customer service is really bad. I actually want them to deliver it to see if it really was a half carat because I honestly don't trust them.
They are terrible..I read someone say that the hole looked prongable..I’m not sure where but you will probably have to get a new setting because going up from a half carat to a whole carat might be too much for your setting to hold..If you get another one..you could get one with bigger prongs..I can’t wait for you to get it..

DoeEyes

Brilliant_Rock
They are terrible..I read someone say that the hole looked prongable..I’m not sure where but you will probably have to get a new setting because going up from a half carat to a whole carat might be too much for your setting to hold..If you get another one..you could get one with bigger prongs..I can’t wait for you to get it..

Yeah I figured I would at least need a new head made. But my setting is so basic it shouldn't be hard for my jeweler to create a similar one. Basically the Tiffany 6 prong, but no knife edge and a thinner 2mm shank.

DoeEyes

Brilliant_Rock

Where did you read someone talking about it being prongable?

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Where did you read someone talking about it being prongable?
Miss Step Cut said it looks like it could be prongable..It’s only a few posts up..She was just speculating I’m sure but I agree with her..

DoeEyes

Brilliant_Rock
Miss Step Cut said it looks like it could be prongable..It’s only a few posts up..She was just speculating I’m sure but I agree with her..
Oh duh, didn't see it before lol.

DoeEyes

Brilliant_Rock
So the story now is they were able to reroute the wrong package back to them before it was delivered to me, and the one I ordered is supposed to be delivered tomorrow morning. I'll believe it when I see it!

M

Marriedbuteloped

I am curious, too.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
So the story now is they were able to reroute the wrong package back to them before it was delivered to me, and the one I ordered is supposed to be delivered tomorrow morning. I'll believe it when I see it!
Sheesh..what else?!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@frogplus I’m dying here wanting to know if you received your diamond?

DoeEyes

Brilliant_Rock
@frogplus I’m dying here wanting to know if you received your diamond?
Delivery was not even attempted on Friday as promised, tracking now says Monday by 10:30am.

I don't know if they think their customers don't work or what, but my fiancé is self employed and he has now rearranged his schedule twice to make sure he was home for the delivery, and both times no delivery attempt was made. :evil2:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Delivery was not even attempted on Friday as promised, tracking now says Monday by 10:30am.

I don't know if they think their customers don't work or what, but my fiancé is self employed and he has now rearranged his schedule twice to make sure he was home for the delivery, and both times no delivery attempt was made. :evil2:
I really don’t like when signature confirmation confirmation is required. If it’s USPS my mailman just signs my name..and puts it in my mailbox. I hope you at least love it when you get it!

DoeEyes

Brilliant_Rock
I really don’t like when signature confirmation confirmation is required. If it’s USPS my mailman just signs my name..and puts it in my mailbox. I hope you at least love it when you get it!

That's the most annoying thing; I ordered it before I realized there was a hole, and now I'm 99% sure I'm going to return it and wait for a non-hole version. So all this just to return it anyway.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
That's the most annoying thing; I ordered it before I realized there was a hole, and now I'm 99% sure I'm going to return it and wait for a non-hole version. So all this just to return it anyway.
I thought you knew about the hole and was going to see what your jeweler said. I don’t think they’re going to sell a one carat without the hole TBH...I think that’s why they did it..so people couldn’t place the diamond in a ring. I hope I’m wrong and they do start selling one carat diamonds again. Have you thought about buying a small diamond at Whiteflash? You could upgrade over time..
I do think other companies will be competing eventually..

MissStepcut

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I also won't be holding my breath for a hole-free full carat.

DoeEyes

Brilliant_Rock
When I first ordered it I actually didn't realize there was a hole, I just saw a one carat round available and didn't want to hesitate and see it sold out. Very quickly after I ordered it I realized there was a hole but decided not to cancel the order since I'll only be out $15 to return it, and I could at least see what my jeweler says.

But the more I think about it, I think the hole will bother me. It won't be a perfect diamond at all. I can't pass it down to kids or grandkids. It'll be restricted to whatever setting works with the hole basically. I'm also concerned about how the hole will affect the diamond long term. Will it cause structural integrity issues? Will it get dirt caught in it like someone else mentioned?

Basically if LB ever does release a one carat without a hole, I'll be so upset that I settled for the one with a hole at the same price, and that makes me think I shouldn't keep this and I should wait at least until it's time for me to get my wedding ring for my wedding next May. Because the wedding ring I get will depend on the engagement ring I end up with, so I need my engagement ring to be permanent whenever I get my wedding ring.

Maybe at that point, almost a year from now, if LB still isn't offering what I need, then maybe I'll get a one carat from WF or somewhere else with a good upgrade policy just in case DSS happens again. Maybe I'll go with an amora gem. Maybe I'll just keep my engagement ring with the half carat and stop worrying about the size of the stone on my ring because truly it doesn't matter, it's just a ring, the important thing is that is represents the love and promise between my fiancé and I.

I'm all over the place. :confused2:

Polished

Brilliant_Rock
Frogplus, I've followed this thread and felt disheartened. The ring doesn't matter and it does matter. I have a G VS1 0.71 carat diamond GIA Excellent with strong blue fluorescence. It's fricking gorgeous and performs with lovely large flashes far better than I expected it to. The fluorescence doesn't negatively impacting on the stone if anything it adds a lovely luminescence. Let me know if you are interested.

My situation is that I already have a .68 diamond in a setting I love so I wear that. I've acquired coloured stones for my daughter (whenever they get engaged), for my niece, for our Czech relative and my other daughter isn't into stones (what's wrong with her!) because that's what they want. I love this diamond but I don't need it.

DoeEyes

Brilliant_Rock
Frogplus, I've followed this thread and felt disheartened. The ring doesn't matter and it does matter. I have a G VS1 0.71 carat diamond GIA Excellent with strong blue fluorescence. It's fricking gorgeous and performs with lovely large flashes far better than I expected it to. The fluorescence doesn't negatively impacting on the stone if anything it adds a lovely luminescence. Let me know if you are interested.

My situation is that I already have a .68 diamond in a setting I love so I wear that. I've acquired coloured stones for my daughter (whenever they get engaged), for my niece, for our Czech relative and my other daughter isn't into stones (what's wrong with her!) because that's what they want. I love this diamond but I don't need it.

Thank you, that's a very nice offer. I think if I'm going to replace the half carat I want it to be a full carat. Anything smaller and I'm afraid I'll want to upgrade again.

And just for a little update, FedEx attempted to deliver this morning but my fiancé must have been in the bathroom or something because he said he missed it. :cry:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you, that's a very nice offer. I think if I'm going to replace the half carat I want it to be a full carat. Anything smaller and I'm afraid I'll want to upgrade again.

And just for a little update, FedEx attempted to deliver this morning but my fiancé must have been in the bathroom or something because he said he missed it. :cry:
Oh no!

Polished

Brilliant_Rock
I thought about it later myself and it is a good idea to hold out for the full carat. The size would look lovely in your setting. Hope delivery happens soon, I can't believe such a small object is proving so hard to get into your hands.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results