shape
carat
color
clarity

Lightbox has a countdown

kindred

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I hesitated too long and they are sold out now. I'm hoping I'll get another chance at a white 1 ct. round, although I think it said something like limited offer (does anyone remember?). I have just spent so much on Christmas gifts and other things in the last couple of months that my wallet is feeling a little light.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I hesitated too long and they are sold out now. I'm hoping I'll get another chance at a white 1 ct. round, although I think it said something like limited offer (does anyone remember?). I have just spent so much on Christmas gifts and other things in the last couple of months that my wallet is feeling a little light.
I don’t like that they do this! I want you to get your 1 ct...Did you sign up to get notified when it comes back? So frustrating..

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@kindred The one carat is back! It does say a limited offer!

Last edited:

kindred

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I am only seeing the ones with the .75 ct bottom stone $900 ones now. Guess I missed it again. I am very curious to see what they will offer in the coming year. Especially rings.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am only seeing the ones with the .75 ct bottom stone $900 ones now. Guess I missed it again. I am very curious to see what they will offer in the coming year. Especially rings.
It’s still there! Click on the box that says 1 carat..A drop down comes up that says 1 1/8 carat. It’s still available as of a half minute ago..

kindred

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@Mamabean - I see where the drop down box is but it changes to "email me when available".

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@Mamabean - Are you looking at the $1,000 necklaces or the $900 ones? The $900 ones are 1 cttw and only have a .75 ct center stone.
I thought you wanted the full carat which would be the 1 carat white and the 1/8 carat blue. Those are $1000. I’m not looking yet. I broke down and bought moissy princess cut studs. They’re being made. If I don’t like them then I would reconsider the Lightbox lab diamonds. I would get the white studs if they ever come out with those if that’s the case.

kindred

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Yes, I want the 1 1/8th ones. I must have been editing my post when you last posted. I hope I can get them one of these days.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes, I want the 1 1/8th ones. I must have been editing my post when you last posted. I hope I can get them one of these days.
Ok...I thought you wanted them now. I got so frustrated waiting that I convinced myself to get the moissy. I’ll be okay with that but will probably get a Lightbox Lab diamond after Christmas depending on what’s available.

kindred

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I do want them now, but the 1 1/8 cttw aren't showing as available for me.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Okay.. We’re posting at the same time..I missed that you tried it and it said email me when available. Sorry.. I hope you get it soon..Fingers crossed!

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Screenshot_20190319-104950_Chrome.jpg

Looks like the first LB ring has arrived but probably not the one people were hoping for!
I am super-interested in one of these for my good lady if they do one with a Pink diamond, although I'm in the UK and they aren't selling/shipping here, are they? :(

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am super-interested in one of these for my good lady if they do one with a Pink diamond, although I'm in the UK and they aren't selling/shipping here, are they? :(

Looks like still US only and that moon design has inly been in blye so far....if I had to guess the 1st pink ring will be a little heart. :)

Batgirl76

Shiny_Rock
What’s the catch?

vintageloves

Shiny_Rock
What’s the catch?

They drilled through the stone. I actually think it's a pretty cool aesthetic. It's a floating diamond. I'm not sure I've ever seen something like it, but who would drill through a regular diamond? I think it's going to be a big seller.

But you're probably not going to want to reset it into an engagement ring. Which might be the point.

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
They drilled through the stone. I actually think it's a pretty cool aesthetic. It's a floating diamond. I'm not sure I've ever seen something like it, but who would drill through a regular diamond? I think it's going to be a big seller.

But you're probably not going to want to reset it into an engagement ring. Which might be the point.

It's a thing! I've seen it called a pierced pendant. Usually with small diamonds b/c I'm betting few people want to drill a hole through a big expensive one :lol:

upload_2019-3-25_11-6-1.png

kmoro

Brilliant_Rock
Wow. Good old DeBeers. Wouldn’t want to cut into the natural diamond engagement ring market!

kindred

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Ugh on the hole. :snooty:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

They did that on purpose but people are crafty..You could put a big claw over it or some design in gold that drapes over that part. It will be interesting to see what people come up with!

GreenPapaya

Brilliant_Rock
I LOVE the earrings!:love::love::love: Did anyone buy it? Please share pics when you get it!! I have the cz version of those earrings and after 10 years they are still sparkly. Now I don't know whether I should get this or the blue studs. Darn limited funds and ear space. Or maybe wait to see if they come out with the blue version...at this rate I'm not going to buy anything lol

sd_flp

Brilliant_Rock
They did that on purpose but people are crafty..You could put a big claw over it or some design in gold that drapes over that part. It will be interesting to see what people come up with!
I’ve been secretly lurking this thread and I have to say, even though DeBeers is clever, I as a potential consumer am disappointed with them. :cry2:

KeepStepping

Shiny_Rock

I bought a princess cut 1ct Lightbox diamond and was impressed by it. I saw the drilled 1ct rounds yesterday and find them rather silly. They are nowhere near natural diamond prices, but as casual jewelry pieces, I do not like the small wire of metal that is the only thing between the diamond falling off and staying on the necklace — especially given how low quality the setting and chain was in the 1ct princess cut.

Between relying on the tiny piece of metal to suspend the diamond that could fail, and a hole potentially compromising the strength of the diamond, I just can’t see these being super popular. Unless people do exactly what you say and simply take them out of the settings anyway and get creative in setting them in rings, which defeats their clear intended purpose in drilling holes in them.

DoeEyes

Brilliant_Rock
Is that hole going to cause structural issues?

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Is that hole going to cause structural issues?
I don’t think it would if they are putting it in a necklace. I can see this with bigger decorative prongs and being in a setting with more gold around it...I don’t think you like a bezel setting but something that shows gold behind it to make the bigger prongs part of a design and not out of place.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results