shape
carat
color
clarity

Lightbox dupe alert on Berricle

Jujeh

Rough_Rock
I've not been posting much but I've been following the Lightbox thread with great interest.

I really like the blue stones but a few things prevent me from pulling the trigger. I do worry the price may tank in the future like it has with moissanite and I'm just not sure about the blue.

Anyway, I went to Berricle to see if I could find something similar.

I wanted to get something like the blue halo stud earrings and I went to my typical CZ vendor, Berricle.

Here's the link to the Berricle Blue halo studs
They look great in person! They are slightly larger than the Lightbox ones (0.33 inch vs 0.31 inch) but I think they are a great dupe. I think mine are a touch more saturated. The halo stones appear smaller but still sparkle well. Honestly, if these start losing stones or something then I would be inclined to get the Lightbox ones just because I love them so much.

Hope this helps someone! If people are interested, I may try to find more 'fashion jewelry' dupes of PS favorites in the future.
20200918_103900.jpg CZ
blue-halo-earring-in-1carat_9cd26e43-8d76-4716-a99f-af9d4787ab12_2800x2048.jpg Diamond

rockhoundofficiando

Shiny_Rock
Pretty! A great dupe for those who are ok with (or can only afford) faux.

Last edited:

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm not sure how to take that - the plain text of the internet loses sarcasm or surprise or shock or other feelings without further explanatory wording!

FWIW I didn't take that comment as snarky at all, if that is the subtext of your comment.

The Berricle stuff performs really well for CZ - the colourless versions lack the dispersion/fire of Diamond (of course) but are very bright and sparkly. I was very pleased with the studs I bought for my good lady.

PS caters for all budgets and, generally speaking, there isn't any 'class' system in terms of budgets. An observation on price should be taken as just that, IMO.

I recommend the Berricle stuff - it's good enough for day-to-day wear and can be either a 'fun' piece or a main piece.

Last edited:

Made in London

Brilliant_Rock
I've not been posting much but I've been following the Lightbox thread with great interest.

I really like the blue stones but a few things prevent me from pulling the trigger. I do worry the price may tank in the future like it has with moissanite and I'm just not sure about the blue.

Anyway, I went to Berricle to see if I could find something similar.

I wanted to get something like the blue halo stud earrings and I went to my typical CZ vendor, Berricle.

Here's the link to the Berricle Blue halo studs
They look great in person! They are slightly larger than the Lightbox ones (0.33 inch vs 0.31 inch) but I think they are a great dupe. I think mine are a touch more saturated. The halo stones appear smaller but still sparkle well. Honestly, if these start losing stones or something then I would be inclined to get the Lightbox ones just because I love them so much.

Hope this helps someone! If people are interested, I may try to find more 'fashion jewelry' dupes of PS favorites in the future.
20200918_103900.jpg CZ
blue-halo-earring-in-1carat_9cd26e43-8d76-4716-a99f-af9d4787ab12_2800x2048.jpg Diamond

Very pretty! Thanks for sharing=)2

Jujeh

Rough_Rock
I found the comment a bit funny as this subforum is all about "faux" so of course people posting here are fine with it.

I truly know very few people who only wear fine jewelry every single day but if anyone does then presumably they would avoid this board.

By the way, cz actually has a higher dispersion value than diamond (0.058 vs 0.044 apparently) but I don't notice a difference. Although nobody is hand-cutting CZ like they do high performance diamonds so that's important to keep in mind.

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love berricle cz. Love! Great dupes you found; thanks for sharing!

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I found the comment a bit funny as this subforum is all about "faux" so of course people posting here are fine with it.

I truly know very few people who only wear fine jewelry every single day but if anyone does then presumably they would avoid this board.

By the way, cz actually has a higher dispersion value than diamond (0.058 vs 0.044 apparently) but I don't notice a difference. Although nobody is hand-cutting CZ like they do high performance diamonds so that's important to keep in mind.

@Wink used to sell 'WinkCZ', which were by all accounts really good quality, but he has moved on to focus solely on CBI diamonds now!

The Berricle stuff is decent, though, it's definitely not crap :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results