shape
carat
color
clarity

Lightbox 2ctw in 14k preorder

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
That is what they are yowling in the night.
They are setting themselves up for a dumping charge and antitrust issues.
They are intentionally trying to damage a market for their own good in another market. tsk tsk

Be that as it may, They will be making most of their supply from USA to USA - that ain't dumping hahahaha.
And no one seems to want to take my $5 bet that man made diamonds will cost less than $800 per carat in less than 10 years time. Lots of them at prices unrelated to natural diamond prices.

OboeGal

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I bought a Lightbox 0.5ct round pendant a few months back (for resetting into a ring that currently holds a crappy stone) during a Bloomingdale's sale (with an additional discount for signing up for emails, so I got it for just over $300) and it's absolutely gorgeous. No sign of stria or clouding, as crisp as can be, nothing showing up on the loupe, equal in my color to my GIA and AGS G diamonds, and at least a very good cut if not excellent. I was very, very pleased and would not hesitate to buy from them again.

Pearl19

Shiny_Rock
I didn't like the look, maybe four quadrants is another way of describing it.

A lot of princesses are cut like that, as you say it does resemble quadrants.

I think princesses are a bit like cushions, there is so much variation it's about getting the cut which appeals to you. Some people like larger chunkier facets, others prefer a more crushed ice look.

Pearl19

Shiny_Rock
DeBeers are hilarious. I've never seen a company so contemptuous of their own product. They'll do anything to protect their overpriced, overhyped mined monopoly. In a few years I can see that monopoly extending to lab diamonds, I suspect they're currently buying up as much laboratory real estate as they can.

xxxxxx

Brilliant_Rock
Be that as it may, They will be making most of their supply from USA to USA - that ain't dumping hahahaha.
And no one seems to want to take my $5 bet that man made diamonds will cost less than $800 per carat in less than 10 years time. Lots of them at prices unrelated to natural diamond prices.

So you’re saying a 10 carat D VS1 will be 8000 dollars in 10 years?

oceanblue

Shiny_Rock
Hi,

I have been reading all the great posts about Lightbox and was intrigued. I also have a microscope. Because I was in the market for a pair of diamond studs I went ahead and purchased a pair of 1.5 tcw when they were in stock. I also purchased a 1 tcw pendant.

I had time this weekend to inspect the lightbox diamonds and compare with my regular mined diamond.

After watching the videos of Rhino I conducted my own microscopic investigation. My microscope goes to 80x. The lightbox diamonds are eerily empty. I saw the huge insignia in the center of the diamond and tried really hard to find flaws. Maybe the stria is only visible with a filter. As for cut and color I think they are as advertised. Verdict, keeping the earrings, sending back the pendant (only because I don't think I will wear it).

One LIGHTBOX negative. I also ordered a pair of 2 tcw earrings. They were on pre-order, they have not shipped yet my credit card was charged for the full price at the time I placed the order. Was surprised because most companies, when a product is not is stock and on back order, will only charge when the product is shipped. I am in the process of canceling my order hope I am able to cancel and get money back before they are shipped.....

xxxxxx

Brilliant_Rock
maybe not 10 but 2ct for sure

Okay so your bet is that: a 2 ct D - VVS2 MMD (without any stria or or blue tint) will retail for 1600 USD?

What will a 5 or 10 ct D VVS2 retail for in 10 years?

I totally understand the value in a mined diamond. But most people (like 80% of the diamond consumers) really don't care (I think). And it's super easy to pass a lab diamond as a mined diamond (in a social sitatuon). So my bet is that it will get increasingly harder for vendors to get rid of there mined diamonds. Besides the die hard mined diamond fans, most consumers just want a sparkly diamond (all speculation). Especially younger people who will be buying engagement rings in the next years after COVID . A few years ago some jewellery designers wouldn't touch a mmd, but now we see lab diamonds set by the most highly recommended jewellery designers from PS.

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Okay so your bet is that: a 2 ct D - VVS2 MMD (without any stria or or blue tint) will retail for 1600 USD?

What will a 5 or 10 ct D VVS2 retail for in 10 years?

I totally understand the value in a mined diamond. But most people (like 80% of the diamond consumers) really don't care (I think). And it's super easy to pass a lab diamond as a mined diamond (in a social sitatuon). So my bet is that it will get increasingly harder for vendors to get rid of there mined diamonds. Besides the die hard mined diamond fans, most consumers just want a sparkly diamond (all speculation). Especially younger people who will be buying engagement rings in the next years after COVID . A few years ago some jewellery designers wouldn't touch a mmd, but now we see lab diamonds set by the most highly recommended jewellery designers from PS.

1ct 5 years
2ct 10 years
Adjusted for inflation if there is any anymore

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results