color
clarity

Lightbox 2ctw in 14k preorder

Dhana

Shiny_Rock
Yup at last got them.

Dhana

Shiny_Rock
I probably will still have to reset and I wish that I got the 10k as it's cheaper. Hopefully I will be able to put it towards the cost of the setting ( screw or guardian )

Dhana

Shiny_Rock
Yes I think it's from a PSer and I thought about buying it
But I wasn't sure ( it was purchased recently) and the lightbox popped !
Atleast if I don't like it I can return to lightbox !

Last edited:

Mamajemmy

Shiny_Rock
I can’t wait to see more reviews on here!

GreenPapaya

Brilliant_Rock
Me too! I can't wait to see your reviews and pictures! I'm waiting until I reset my ER to buy anything new (I hope!). So living through y'all for now :cool2:. I wish they offer different settings instead of going from 10k to 14k...I was fine with 10K! Lol

Mamajemmy

Shiny_Rock
I was fine with the 10k too! I think they’ve found a way to make a bit more money from these larger stone. They are still so much less than other labs though!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I want yg settings!

Dhana

Shiny_Rock
It's back in stock!
Wow !

123ducklings

Brilliant_Rock
Preorder is up right now

123ducklings

Brilliant_Rock

Buttercookies

Brilliant_Rock
I wonder if the larger LightBox diamonds suffer from Internal Graining (striations) the way many other CVD diamonds seem to?

If so, will that affect optical performance or durability in any way?

Reactions: Kya

123ducklings

Brilliant_Rock
If so, will that affect optical performance or durability in any way?

Mined and lab diamonds can both have stria; it seems to be a more common issue with CVD lab diamonds because of the way they’re grown. Stria can sometimes impact optical performance, it depends on the severity. Search “stria” or “striations” on PS — there have been a handful of discussions about it.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/internal-graining-comparison.255344/#post-4694588

https://www.pricescope.com/communit...ference-between-natural-and-lab-grown.249513/

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/unique-characteristics-in-mmd.250194/

https://www.pricescope.com/communit...-me-to-a-lab-grown-stone.260713/#post-4842445

Last edited:

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s not a problem with under 1 ct stones.

sparklynurse

Rough_Rock
It’s not a problem with under 1 ct stones.

Sadly, it is a problem even with under 1ct stones. I had a pair of .76 cttw lab diamond studs which I hated. The performance was so bad - I had to work hard to get any fire out of them. These were IGI graded stones that rated a .9 and 1.2 on the HCA scale and were super ideal cut so, theoretically, should have performed very well. I gave up, returned them and purchased WF mined diamond studs which, needless to say, are freakin spectacular and worth every penny I paid.

On the other hand, I have a 1.13 ct lab diamond ring graded by GCAL also super ideal cut which is amazing! It scored a .7 on the HCA scale and is as beautiful as my WF studs. I think I got very lucky with my ring. If I were to purchase a lab diamond again, I would purchase from a vendor screening for stria and its impact on performance. August Vintage comes to mind.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sadly, it is a problem even with under 1ct stones. I had a pair of .76 cttw lab diamond studs which I hated. The performance was so bad - I had to work hard to get any fire out of them. These were IGI graded stones that rated a .9 and 1.2 on the HCA scale and were super ideal cut so, theoretically, should have performed very well. I gave up, returned them and purchased WF mined diamond studs which, needless to say, are freakin spectacular and worth every penny I paid.

On the other hand, I have a 1.13 ct lab diamond ring graded by GCAL also super ideal cut which is amazing! It scored a .7 on the HCA scale and is as beautiful as my WF studs. I think I got very lucky with my ring. If I were to purchase a lab diamond again, I would purchase from a vendor screening for stria and its impact on performance. August Vintage comes to mind.

I was referring only to Lightbox. Is that what you had?

sparklynurse

Rough_Rock
I was referring only to Lightbox. Is that what you had?

No, I had graded lab diamonds purchased through Brilliant Earth. Based on my experience with these stones I am very very hesitant to purchase unvetted lab diamonds. It was a real eye opener as to the performance issues that can happen with lab diamonds.

I purchased my ring first and was very happy with the diamond so I went ahead and purchased studs. Unfortunately, despite being graded as super ideal and scoring very well on the HCA tool, they just did not perform well. They were not fiery at all, it was very disappointing. And then the hassle of returning them . . .

Maybe Lightbox checks their stones for performance? I'm not sure why this issue wouldn't happen with under 1ct Lightbox stones. Again, for me personally, I would not purchase unvetted and ungraded lab diamonds having seen just how poorly some lab stones perform.

Mamajemmy

Shiny_Rock
It should be interesting. It seems like there are a good handful who ordered these studs so we will know more soon! I haven’t heard anything negative about lightbox— which I was kind of expecting to.

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
I don't think stria are visible to the naked eye but I could be mistaken.

They would not be easily seen when set. They would almost always be parallel to the table and unless they were very near the table they would be hard for a non gemologist to see, even with a loupe.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results