shape
carat
color
clarity

Light performance of non-AGS graded princesses.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Good job pointing out the chevron difference Rocking. You are talking about 2 different looking princess cuts. Sailon, if your preference is for 2 chevron princess head that route. 3-4 chevron are more similar in appearance and if you prefer that appearance go witih one of the other recommendations.

Peace,

dach2k3

Rough_Rock
As the previous replies have indicated, you can get something very nice in your price range. I got a .991 carat, J, VS1, AGS-0 w/ all 3 Very Highs on the Brilliancescope for $3850 less a wire discount from exceldiamonds.

Sailon

Rough_Rock
Those sounds like good stats, but I''m wondering about the J in color? Do you notice the color at all? This will be a solitaire in white gold, what is yours set in?

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
again, getting a great cut is key.

here is my good friends'' 1.1ct j/si2 from whiteflash

you would never guess it was a ''j'' or an ''si2'' for that matter!

lwax_0111.JPG

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
the finished ring

beautiful!

lfinished_0111.JPG

Rockingout

Rough_Rock
Date: 3/21/2007 4:58:50 PM
Author: Sailon
Those sounds like good stats, but I''m wondering about the J in color? Do you notice the color at all? This will be a solitaire in white gold, what is yours set in?[/QUOTE

If I were in your shoes, I would honestly pull the H SI1 from infinity and the J VS2 from GOG and have them shipped to me or either an independent appraiser where I could go and see them myself. This way you could decide for yourself whether the color is apparent and which of the diamonds you actually prefer. This the best advice I can give you if you have narrowed it down to these two.

bcb8996

Rough_Rock
A lot of it comes down to person preference. I was all concerned about the numbers and had picked out several .7X ct E-F VS1-VS2 AGS-0 princess stones from WF. After reading about all of the "size matters" and "wish I had gotten bigger" posts I went back and picked out a few 1.0X ct I SI1 AGS-0's with one J VS1.

At the last second my gf decided to come with me to Houston to pick out the diamond and its a good thing she did (originally she wanted to be suprised). I would have picked out a .75 E VS2 but she decided to go with the worst colored one in the entire bunch, the 1.06 J VS1 and fortunately for me it was only a few hundred more than the .75 I had my eye set on. I only notice the tint in flourescent lit rooms. Outside in the sunlight it looks bright white. She even saw the J side by side with the E so it wasn't like she didn't have a chance to see the difference in color. Good luck whatever you decide to go with!

P.S. For comparison purposes the round diamonds in the wb and e-ring are G-F in color.

BrianBerger_0314c.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results