shape
carat
color
clarity

Light performance of non-AGS graded princesses.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Good job pointing out the chevron difference Rocking. You are talking about 2 different looking princess cuts. Sailon, if your preference is for 2 chevron princess head that route. 3-4 chevron are more similar in appearance and if you prefer that appearance go witih one of the other recommendations.

Peace,

As the previous replies have indicated, you can get something very nice in your price range. I got a .991 carat, J, VS1, AGS-0 w/ all 3 Very Highs on the Brilliancescope for $3850 less a wire discount from exceldiamonds.

Those sounds like good stats, but I''m wondering about the J in color? Do you notice the color at all? This will be a solitaire in white gold, what is yours set in?

again, getting a great cut is key.

here is my good friends'' 1.1ct j/si2 from whiteflash

you would never guess it was a ''j'' or an ''si2'' for that matter!

lwax_0111.JPG

the finished ring

beautiful!

lfinished_0111.JPG

Date: 3/21/2007 4:58:50 PM
Author: Sailon
Those sounds like good stats, but I''m wondering about the J in color? Do you notice the color at all? This will be a solitaire in white gold, what is yours set in?[/QUOTE

If I were in your shoes, I would honestly pull the H SI1 from infinity and the J VS2 from GOG and have them shipped to me or either an independent appraiser where I could go and see them myself. This way you could decide for yourself whether the color is apparent and which of the diamonds you actually prefer. This the best advice I can give you if you have narrowed it down to these two.

A lot of it comes down to person preference. I was all concerned about the numbers and had picked out several .7X ct E-F VS1-VS2 AGS-0 princess stones from WF. After reading about all of the "size matters" and "wish I had gotten bigger" posts I went back and picked out a few 1.0X ct I SI1 AGS-0's with one J VS1.

At the last second my gf decided to come with me to Houston to pick out the diamond and its a good thing she did (originally she wanted to be suprised). I would have picked out a .75 E VS2 but she decided to go with the worst colored one in the entire bunch, the 1.06 J VS1 and fortunately for me it was only a few hundred more than the .75 I had my eye set on. I only notice the tint in flourescent lit rooms. Outside in the sunlight it looks bright white. She even saw the J side by side with the E so it wasn't like she didn't have a chance to see the difference in color. Good luck whatever you decide to go with!

P.S. For comparison purposes the round diamonds in the wb and e-ring are G-F in color.

BrianBerger_0314c.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP