shape
carat
color
clarity

life''''s little luxuries

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello ladies,

I was just curious as we all obviously appreciate the finer things in life { like diamonds } I was wondering if many of you share my other passion [ besides animals] , which is perfume? My faves are Chanel 19 for day, good ol' Number 5 for night and Cristalle for warm days, which we don't get many of in UK! Would be interested in which ones you love and why.
9.gif

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Hi Lorelei and welcome!
35.gif

You might check out THIS thread where we recently discussed perfumes.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lorelei, I knew I liked you! I am actually a total product junkie...hair stuff, body stuff, MAKEUP, lotions, perfumes...I have a sickness really. Sephora appears on my credit card a lot more than I or my DH likes...he gives people TOURS of my bathroom where I have drawers and closets and counters filled with stuff. Some of it is OLD, I am also a hoarder and throw away only if it reeks and is rancid. I wanted to be a make-up artist in films or start my own line (like the world needs THAT) but I love it and always do make-up for my friends when they are going out...

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Uncanny you bumped this DF! I agree you don''t actually have to meet to recognise a kindred spirit!!! Just discovered 2 days ago Calvin Klein Obsession Night - oh it''s yummy!!! Also Be Delicious by Donna Karan
9.gif
Torn between the two at the moment! I am terrible have enough perfume to start a shop, I have about 20 bottles on the go at the moment
3.gif
17.gif
I have my faves but am a bit of a fragrance whore
11.gif
I don''t usually buy new perfume brands as to me a lot of them smell the same but really liked these two! As for makeup I am bad too, in my youth I knew 2 models who taught me how to do it well and I can spend a fortune so quickly on products esp Clinique and Estee Lauder yikes! I make myself sound ancient " in my youth "!!
39.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Do they carry a fragrance in England called Jhivago 24K? It has bits of gold floating in it and has bulgarian rose essence. Not rose rose, which I frankly do not care for, but this is AMAZING. People follow me around to ask me what it is. I love fruity and clean stuff, but also stuff a bit warmer. I cannot wear regular Opium, it also gives me a migraine, but they came out with one in the states last summer that has vanilla in and it is called Summer Opium. I LOVE it. Still heavy enough for me to wear in the winter, but it is yummy. I love grapefruit scents and and citrus, love sweet things...the new trend here in the states is to smell like food...a meringue, a caramel bun, a cake...makes me hungry. I am so addicted to this stuff that I think I need to form a twelve step group about it....

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/21/2005 5:25:01 AM
Author: diamondfan
Do they carry a fragrance in England called Jhivago 24K? It has bits of gold floating in it and has bulgarian rose essence. Not rose rose, which I frankly do not care for, but this is AMAZING. People follow me around to ask me what it is. I love fruity and clean stuff, but also stuff a bit warmer. I cannot wear regular Opium, it also gives me a migraine, but they came out with one in the states last summer that has vanilla in and it is called Summer Opium. I LOVE it. Still heavy enough for me to wear in the winter, but it is yummy. I love grapefruit scents and and citrus, love sweet things...the new trend here in the states is to smell like food...a meringue, a caramel bun, a cake...makes me hungry. I am so addicted to this stuff that I think I need to form a twelve step group about it....
I''m in
3.gif
that Jhivagp 24k sounds fab, but never seen it here, maybe at Harrods or Harvey Nicks. Give me a squirt please
9.gif
Maybe that is why the Be Delicious fragrance is big in the States as it smells like apples
10.gif
To digress I am also addicted to Yankee Candles in Chocolate Chip Cookie - ouch there goes my figure
8.gif
YSL Baby Doll smells like sweet grapefruit to me, give it a try next time you are scent testing!! It also smells like boiled sweeties! Yum
31.gif

IrishEyes

Brilliant_Rock
I alternate between Estee Lauder ''Beyond Paradise'' and Lancome ''Miracle''. I love Burberry''s ''Brit'' and always mean to buy it but never get around to it. I love the Chanel ''Coco'' also.

I must say that while I love wearing perfume, I absolutely love the way it smells when I''m paging through a magazine!! All the samples smell so inticing. I think it''s because you are usually looking through a fashion mag, getting ideas about all the things you can buy, and suddenly this wonderful aroma jumps out at you and you''re thinking " wow! That smells great. Oh look at this, it only costs $70!! That''s so much cheaper than those $500 Manolo Blahnik''s on that model!! I should get this perfume next time I''m at the department store!" It''s a cheap trick, but it works!!!
9.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They don''t do that so much in Brit magazines anymore
39.gif
cheap! sniff
14.gif

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yea um I smell like shampoo, leave in conditioner and body wash. ;-)

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m such a sucker for perfume ads like Chanel no 5 " share the fantasy " I lap it up and buy
9.gif
3.gif
They used to have the most glamorous tv ad for it in the seventies, loved it!! Of course I WAS TOO YOUNG TO BUY ANY THEN
17.gif

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
I am not a perfume wearer by little luxury is Diet Coke during a busy in school/work I can go through about 12-14 cases. Sweet necter of life.
30.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
i posted a thread recently in the hangout, about something little luxuries when you travel, but i don't know if i can find it!!

i am not a perfume person at all, it gives me headaches...i don't wear too much makeup, i don't wear too many hair products, anything that takes TIME to do irritates me...
11.gif
luckily for me i have good skin so i don't need to cover anything up and my hair looks decent in various easy styles. it needs to be cut again, i'm already irritated with it growing 2 inches in the last 2 months.
2.gif

but i am a clothes whore and i love purses too. oh and expensive candles! love tocca and votivo and those new monogammed ones that have a scent to each letter. so there's something with a scent that i adore.
9.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/21/2005 1:02:14 PM
Author: Matatora
I am not a perfume wearer by little luxury is Diet Coke during a busy in school/work I can go through about 12-14 cases. Sweet necter of life.
30.gif
Hey another soda freak!!! I love Pepsi Max and drink far too much of it
6.gif
Prefer it to diet coke as it is sweeter and I have a sweet tooth
11.gif
Also the Starbucks Cappucinos when I can get them - YUM YUM!!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mara I love candles too and use Yankees - I hoard them!!! Love to light the fire in winter, candle burning, cats on lap, pepsi max in hand and I''m good to go!!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
My husband HATES perfum, so I never wear it. . .one time I used Lancome body exfoliator which has a light perfum added, and my husband immediately complained so I had to toss it. . .$25 bucks wasted
39.gif
20.gif

Matatora - I'm a diet soda fanatic too! One of my favorites is mixing different sodas. . .like I mix diet vanilla pepsi w/diet cherry vanilla dr. pepper.
18.gif
Or I mix half XTZ energy drink with a can of diet pepsi.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/21/2005 1:10:32 PM
Author: Lorelei
Mara I love candles too and use Yankees - I hoard them!!! Love to light the fire in winter, candle burning, cats on lap, pepsi max in hand and I''m good to go!!
I''m a candle hoarder too. Apparently hoarding is a mental disorder - lol - according to a newspaper article I recently read
9.gif
At any rate, I have about 30-40 Yankee candle voltives that I''ve yet to burn. When we move, I''ll have more room (as in the space around my jet tub) to put display and burn them. Can''t wait.
36.gif

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
It''s funny, I have maybe two unlit candles in the place. When we moved here I declared it a chachky (I''m sure I"m spelling it wrong) free zone. Not to mention that

Kitty + Lit Candle = Homeless person
9.gif

I''m so into clean sheets....a newly vacuumed rug....a good slice of pizza...mmmmmmm
AIR CONDITIONING!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think I''m too low maintenance....There was a really funny greeting card with a prissy pink poodle on it...she says "Some people say high maintenance is a bad thing...but let''s take a moment to consider the results" .... So funny! My hair air dries on the way to work. I use Almay moisture tint with SPF and some lip gloss (sally hansen diamond lip shine !!!!) and that''s about it.... oh yeah, some yellow makeup for my dark circles... But then again, that''s why I don''t look good
41.gif

OHHH, but I love to collect lip gloss! They have to be purple/brown tinted and sheer.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/21/2005 2:41:48 PM
Author: moremoremore

I think I'm too low maintenance....There was a really funny greeting card with a prissy pink poodle on it...she says 'Some people say high maintenance is a bad thing...but let's take a moment to consider the results' .... So funny! My hair air dries on the way to work. I use Almay moisture tint with SPF and some lip gloss (sally hansen diamond lip shine !!!!) and that's about it.... oh yeah, some yellow makeup for my dark circles... But then again, that's why I don't look good
I'm totally high maintenance, but thus far the results have been pretty bad. As in charging tons of makup on my cc by ordering online @ Sephora AND on eBay - and not quite paying off the balance yet. hehehe OH, and paying $100 to an incompetant hair designer who transformed my hair to bright orange. (oh, and FWIW, some guys actually LIKE orange hair on ladies - just in case anyone is looking for a new look
2.gif
)

ETA - my hair also turned green once, too. WAY too much experiementation. For now on, I'm just doing chocolate brown!

luckyhonu

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I am a product junkie too...I love skincare stuff. I''ve recently found my HG and am sticking to it! Unfortunately I can only find it in Hawaii (Japanese product) but thank goodness I''ve stocked up.

I also love eyeshadows, I have a ton of Stila eyeshadows but never wear them. I don''t wear eyeshadow because I rub my eyes a lot and it usually gets smeared all over the place. I have stopped buying them but they sure are purdy.

My favorite perfume is one that I keep coming back to...funny thing is, after I spray it, I sneeze! It''s Clean Musk by Creative Scentualization.

I''m with Mara..I''m pretty simple when it comes to makeup and hair, I am always rushing in the morning and don''t have time to put it all on, so I only wear lipstick and that''s basically about it.

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Some of my favorite perfumes are:
  • Cinema by YSL
  • Dior Addict
  • Sabi by Henri Dunay
  • Gucci
  • Bal a Versailles
  • Pure Tiffany
  • First by Van Cleef & Arpels
  • Must de Cartier

ETA: Sorry - Can't seem to do the HTML properly.

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
LOL MC. I''m sure you''re too hard on yourself! I am a creature of habit...zzzzzzzzzzz, boring!!!
14.gif
I dare say I even cut my own bangs b/c I like it better when I do it most of the time (although there is lady who I see who is great...at her house....she uses the same dirty towel on the dog I"m sure
41.gif
) ...

IrishEyes

Brilliant_Rock
Madam Bijoux, you''re a high-end gal!!!
2.gif

I am a total products person, I''m not ashamed to say I''m high-maintenance!! And damn proud of it because I know I look nice.
Some of mine are Estee Lauder Hydra Complete moisturizer, Clinique Daily Eye benefits cream, St. Ives Apricot scrub, various makeup by estee lauder, clinique, lancome, loreal. My toe nails are ALWAYS done no matter what season, and I usually use OPI nail colors. My hands are painted sometimes, depending on if I have alot of handiwork to do. I also use exfoliator for my body twice a week and use various Bath and Body works shower and bath gels. Yep, I''m a girly-girl - when I''m not playing Army that is!!
9.gif

DH used to make fun of me for all the stuff I use. He was shocked 5 years ago when we first moved in together at how much "space" I take up. I told him quite simply "You fell in love with me, a very feminine woman. Well, I wasn''t born a supermodel, it takes alot of money and a decent amount of time for me to look this good! If you don''t like it, there''s the door"
16.gif
He stuck around obviously, and now he always brags to his friends about how well I take care of myself and how he''s glad I''m "girly"
3.gif

Starbucks is another huge indulgence of mine, along with clothes, fashion mags, wine, fantastic cooking from my hubby, and last but certainly not least; fantastic lovin'' if you know what I mean
31.gif
11.gif

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
LOL- High maintenance and you know you look nice.!!!! You go girl!!!

BTW, I SHOULD be high maintenance LOLOL

IrishEyes

Brilliant_Rock
MMM, don''t forget what your avatar is saying: I''m good enough, I''m smart enough and doggonit, people like me!!!! As long as your comfy with yourself, that is ALL that matters! Besides, you probably have alot more money on your credit card than I do!!
9.gif

kaylagee

Brilliant_Rock
Great topic Lorelei!...Another Chanel dix-neuf (19) gal here. Luxuries?... heehee sleep is a huge luxury for me nowadays(I''m expecting and we have a son who''ll be 2yrs. old monday).

Besides sleep, I''m mainly perfume crazy (posted the details in the signature fragrance topic minutes ago), I''m not so fascinated by cosmetics etc.

I''m a bit high maintenance for skin care because even though I''m brown, I''m prone to awful sun damage-hyperpigmentation. So I have a lot of Peter Thomas Roth, Remede, Bliss Labs items for exfoliants, AHA products, and sunscreens.

Another favorite thing is tea: I love Mariage Freres(esp. their Eros and Earl Grey) and Kusmichoff (Prince Vladimir, Bouquet of Flowers) teas.
18.gif

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
LOL...Well, I certainly find other ways to spend my money...LOL...I am in love with a pottery barn rug I got on ebay that I was bidding on another just to have a back up. That is sick! I drew the line and didn''t bid...but next time around perhaps!
6.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am with all of you guys who are hmaintenance. I spent my first babysitting money at like 13 on Clinique makeup and still remember the colors and that my big sister stole it and it melted in her purse. I have an addicted personality, I horad stuff so it won''t be used and will be pristine when I want it (what am I waiting for?!!!!)... and I even love Tupperware and junk like that, and STATIONERY do not get me started on heavy paper, engraved, gorgeous script, nice lining...PENS I love nice Montblanc Tiffany etc ( and I LOSE all of them...) and hair barrettes and etc etc...Love DIET CHERRY COKE. The Diet lemon tastes soapy, love diet doctor pepper...soda is so not good for you...but I love it. I dread moving because I have so much stuff!!!!! Junk and things and stuff...George Carlin makes a funny comment about houses are just places to put all of our stuff...I am not a minimalist by any means!!!

cutes814

Brilliant_Rock
I guess I''m in between high maintenance and low maintenance. It just depends on what day it is. If I''m just going to work, then I wear some eye shadow, lip gloss and you can never skip on mascara and blush. I think those two are the best cosmetics ever invented. Mascara automatically brightens up your eyes and blush just make me feel like a girly girl!
9.gif

Now on the weekends is a different story. The only thing I put on my face is moisturizer and sunblock. I will try to go everywhere I can with jeans and a t-shirt. My daily work requires me to dress up, so I like to dress down and be makeup free on the weekends.

But if I''m going out with my girls for a night on the town (I do that about once every 3-4 months, since I have a kid now), I get all dolled up!! That''s the fun part!
1.gif

As for perfume, I have a whole bunch. I love to own millions of scents. I don''t have a signature scent. Right now, since it''s summer I''m into wearing Ralph Lauren Cool, and Escada Rockin'' Rio.

I used to crazy about buying lots of clothes, but ever since Alyssa was born 19 months ago, I''m not really into it anymore. It''s because I still have that extra 20 pounds that I can''t seem to shake off, so I don''t want to splurge and spend TOO much on clothes until I lose it! Hee
9.gif
I love to buy shoes! and lotsa lotsa shoes! I''m not the type to spend too much on it tho. I usually wait until it goes on sale or shop around to find a style similar to it. I don''t believe in spending more than $80 for a pair of shoes unless I absolutely can''t live w/out it. My shoes usually cost about $30-50 a pair.

Now my one big obsession (besides diamonds) is collecting dvds. I have a little over 400 dvds. I don''t know how it took over me, but it started out as only buying the movies that I really really like and then next thing you know I couldn''t stop buying...but then again, I don''t go to the movies that often anymore, so dvds were a good alternative.

Okay, I think I rambled a little too long...sorry.....

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/21/2005 6:08:02 PM
Author: diamondfan
. I have an addicted personality, I horad stuff so it won''t be used and will be pristine when I want it (what am I waiting for?!!!!)...
This is me too! lol I buy more stuff than I can use and if I plan to use what I have (like a face cream) I''ll buy another one (from another company) just in case I run out of the first and need more. . .but I never run out of any of them because bottles and little pots of creams, lotions, etc., fall out on my head when opening the closet door because they''re piled up everywhere. If my husband''s tools weren''t all scattered all over our workshop and piled up all over, he''d have cut me off and cut up my debit and credit card already. (He is NOT a hoarder, so he isn''t entirely supportive, but has learned to shut up about my collections
9.gif
)

Other addictions/hoarding issues are t-shirts, undergarments, jeans, anti-aging cream samples, fingernail polish and most importantly, CHOCOLATE! lol
3.gif
9.gif

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/21/2005 4:51:04 PM
Author: moremoremore
LOL...Well, I certainly find other ways to spend my money...LOL...I am in love with a pottery barn rug I got on ebay that I was bidding on another just to have a back up. That is sick! I drew the line and didn't bid...but next time around perhaps!
6.gif
hahaha! - I just bought a new chair and couch set as we're decorating the house we're moving into next week and already, I'm freaking about people sitting on my couch. We're actually buying two sets of couches/chairs/ottomans because we have a family room and a living room to fill up and the thought of any of these items getting any marks on them is setting me into panic. My cat was even squirted with water after only LOOKING at my new chair. lol

Oh and on a side note, I'm in love with my new chair. I have a crush on it. I was even whispering sweet nothings into the cushions when my husband walked into the room. He immediatly admitted he thinks the chair is sexy too. lol

ETA - the chair, ottoman and couch set was on clearance the entire bunch only cost $1000!
36.gif
(just to point out how we're not spending very much. My husband and I have officially hit the point of nearly broke. New house, no money, clearance furniture.)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results