shape
carat
color
clarity

liberals...your honest opinion on Obama...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
after 60 days as President ? do you have any buyers remorse?

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
not emotionally involved, never said he was better than koolaid, held my nose when i voted for him realizing that we the voters only get to vote for candidates that ''the powers that be'' have decided they can live with....yes, i''m that jaded: and, yes, i''d hold my nose and vote for him again. am i happy 100% with him after all of 60 days? no, and i never expected to be. but then i wasn''t 1% happy with the previous administration after 8 years.

mz

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
lets hope he doesn''t turn the clock back 30 yrs. the Carter yrs.
14.gif

E B

Ideal_Rock
No buyer''s remorse here. It''s been 60 days. As mz said, I''m not 100 percent happy with the choices he''s made, but he''s just begun. We''ve got a long way to go and a hell of a mess to clean up.

As for the Rush transcript? He''s entertaining, that''s for sure. Awfully angry, though, as if he needs to blow off some serious steam. Maybe another boys'' trip to the Dominican Republic is in order?
2.gif

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
I wrote a longer post that disappeared. Suffice to say that I am at least 700 billion times happier with Obama than I would have been with the alternative.

I am willing to take a 'wait and see' approach with the economy. If I thought the problem could have been fixed in 2 months, it was not much of a problem. I also don't by the whole "markets don't like Obama" kool-aid. Correlation does not equal causation.
38.gif

I also don't care about his sports picks for every major sporting event.
20.gif
His dog is irrelevant.

I don't love the direction he is moving for health care, I think single payer should be on the table.

I am happy about the global gag rule, stem cells, movement on guantanamo.

I hope we make progress on don't ask don't tell and gay marriage.

I hope he gets rid of NCLB.

I hope we ACTUALLY move toward energy independence, unlike lipservice by Bush. (oil family
20.gif
)

I'm glad the Obama's are planting a garden at the white house. I think kids in the white house is good for the country.

I am REALLY tired of him saying "Look..." before he answers a question!!!!
29.gif

I would not change my vote.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think I''m going to have to ditto Trillionaire on this one. She summarized it all very nicely.

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/21/2009 3:36:29 AM
Author: FrekeChild
I think I''m going to have to ditto Trillionaire on this one. She summarized it all very nicely.
To which I''ll add that I wasn''t and still am not, happy with his choice of Geithner. Bad choice out of the gate, IMO.

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/20/2009 11:10:34 PM
Author: movie zombie
not emotionally involved, never said he was better than koolaid, held my nose when i voted for him realizing that we the voters only get to vote for candidates that ''the powers that be'' have decided they can live with....yes, i''m that jaded: and, yes, i''d hold my nose and vote for him again. am i happy 100% with him after all of 60 days? no, and i never expected to be. but then i wasn''t 1% happy with the previous administration after 8 years.

mz
100% percent happy??? Even the most liberal of members of Congress are not completely satisfied with him and starting to scratch their heads. Maxine Waters said he seemed "uninformed", and she was choosing her words carefully. If he can''t convince her that he''s on his game . . .

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not yet because 2 months is too soon to make any conclusions. I want to wait at least a year before I decide whether or not he was a wise choice. We have to give him a chance - he inherited quite a mess.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/21/2009 7:47:07 AM
Author: HollyS

mz
100% percent happy??? Even the most liberal of members of Congress are not completely satisfied with him and starting to scratch their heads. Maxine Waters said he seemed ''uninformed'', and she was choosing her words carefully. If he can''t convince her that he''s on his game . . .
reread my post: you''ll see there is a "no" followd by a ''and i never expected to be'' after the question...............so i''m not quite sure what you''re wanting to argue about.

mz

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/21/2009 11:03:28 AM

Date: 3/21/2009 7:47:07 AM

mz
100% percent happy??? Even the most liberal of members of Congress are not completely satisfied with him and starting to scratch their heads. Maxine Waters said he seemed ''uninformed'', and she was choosing her words carefully. If he can''t convince her that he''s on his game . . .
reread my post: you''ll see there is a ''no'' followd by a ''and i never expected to be'' after the question...............so i''m not quite sure what you''re wanting to argue about.

mz
I do apologize. I did not see the ''no'' in your post; I didn''t read carefully enough. I''m sorry.

Allisonfaye

Brilliant_Rock
Here is the way I see it. THe only people whose opinion is valid here are the swing voters (undecideds). The Republicans and the Democrats will defend their decision to the death and neither will give the guy a fair shot. And as a previous poster mentioned, he did inherit quite a mess. To expect him to solve in 60 days what the Bush A created in 8 years is a bit unrealistic, don''t you think?

swimmer

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/21/2009 11:50:56 AM
Author: Allisonfaye
Here is the way I see it. THe only people whose opinion is valid here are the swing voters (undecideds). The Republicans and the Democrats will defend their decision to the death and neither will give the guy a fair shot. And as a previous poster mentioned, he did inherit quite a mess. To expect him to solve in 60 days what the Bush A created in 8 years is a bit unrealistic, don''t you think?

Ditto!

Then again, I find myself getting weepy STILL just thinking about how proud I am of this country to have voted for such an amazing man. I love him. I love him. I love him. He would pretty much have to roast and eat the future puppy to get me to question his decisions. Then again, I hope that Cheney is put on trial for being the war criminal that he is. But I am no swing voter, so who cares about my ravings? ah, but thanks for asking!

tradergirl

Brilliant_Rock
"Then again, I find myself getting weepy STILL just thinking about how proud I am of this country to have voted for such an amazing man. I love him. I love him. I love him. He would pretty much have to roast and eat the future puppy to get me to question his decisions."

I rest my case.

klewis

Brilliant_Rock

mz

Sorry you had to hold your nose MZ but thank you, thank you, thank you for doing so! - many millions around the world had been holding their noses for 8 years so President Obama is a breath of fresh air. I hope he succeeds.

zhuzhu

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/21/2009 4:32:01 PM
Author: tradergirl
''Then again, I find myself getting weepy STILL just thinking about how proud I am of this country to have voted for such an amazing man. I love him. I love him. I love him. He would pretty much have to roast and eat the future puppy to get me to question his decisions.''

I rest my case.

Hey TD,
Since when you lose your ability to tell sincerity from sarcasm?
In fact I think she was making fun of a group of special people, and it was rather funny.
36.gif

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/21/2009 5:01:59 PM
Author: klewis

not emotionally involved, never said he was better than koolaid, held my nose when i voted for him realizing that we the voters only get to vote for candidates that 'the powers that be' have decided they can live with....yes, i'm that jaded: and, yes, i'd hold my nose and vote for him again. am i happy 100% with him after all of 60 days? no, and i never expected to be. but then i wasn't 1% happy with the previous administration after 8 years.

mz

Sorry you had to hold your nose MZ but thank you, thank you, thank you for doing so! - many millions around the world had been holding their noses for 8 years so President Obama is a breath of fresh air. I hope he succeeds.

I'm getting kind of tired of having to say this, but it really isn't your place to comment. It never was. I don't really care how many support letters you'll get in response to my post; your opinion still doesn't matter when we discuss U.S. politics. It doesn't. Really. I wouldn't dream of commenting on your nation's politics. It would be rude.

There. I've said my piece; let the Welcome Wagon do its thing. As it invariably will. Because we're nothing if not trite here on ATW.

zhuzhu

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/21/2009 5:29:25 PM

mz

I''m getting kind of tired of having to say this, but it really isn''t your place to comment. It never was. I don''t really care how many support letters you''ll get in response to my post; your opinion still doesn''t matter when we discuss U.S. politics. It doesn''t. Really. I wouldn''t dream of commenting on your nation''s politics. It would be rude.

There. I''ve said my piece; let the Welcome Wagon do its thing. As it invariably will. Because we''re nothing if not trite here on ATW.
Holly,
I am an American, and a foreign national''s opinion of US presidency matters to me, even if the opinion different than my own.
Thank you very much.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock

mz

I''m getting kind of tired of having to say this, but it really isn''t your place to comment. It never was. I don''t really care how many support letters you''ll get in response to my post; your opinion still doesn''t matter when we discuss U.S. politics. It doesn''t. Really. I wouldn''t dream of commenting on your nation''s politics. It would be rude.

There. I''ve said my piece; let the Welcome Wagon do its thing. As it invariably will. Because we''re nothing if not trite here on ATW.

The reason you wouldn''t dream of commenting on klewis'' nation''s politics is because you know nothing about them. And neither do I. Why? Because New Zealand (that''s where you''re from, right klewis?) politics don''t effect the entire world, whereas the U.S.''s politics do.

It''s not your place to tell him where he can and cannot comment, and his opinion matters just as much as yours.

E B

Ideal_Rock

I''m getting kind of tired of having to say this, but it really isn''t your place to comment. It never was. I don''t really care how many support letters you''ll get in response to my post; your opinion still doesn''t matter when we discuss U.S. politics. It doesn''t. Really.

Ah, the rules of AtW according to Holly. Good thing you don''t make the rules.
2.gif

klewis, you''re as welcome as any of us to share your opinion, and I hope you continue to.
35.gif

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
And to answer the original question, I don''t have buyer''s remorse.

It''s a good thing, too, because if I did, I''d have a LOT of Obama statues to return. And I''d be left with too much free time...praying to Obama 192 days is pretty time consuming. (For those wondering the significance of the number 192 in my religion, that''s the number of electoral votes Obama beat McCain by.)

klewis

Brilliant_Rock

mz

And I am getting tired of hearing it but we''ll both have to put up with it. ATW means Around the World doesn''t it?

swimmer

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/21/2009 5:54:07 PM
Author: thing2of2

It''s a good thing, too, because if I did, I''d have a LOT of Obama statues to return. And I''d be left with too much free time...praying to Obama 192 days is pretty time consuming. (For those wondering the significance of the number 192 in my religion, that''s the number of electoral votes Obama beat McCain by.)

Such a fun religion! I try to do stem cell research every day before breakfast, and then I think how awesome it is that I''m now trusted to make decisions about my own body (even though I''m incapacitated by ovaries), and then well, its a toss up between educating people about birth control, ensuring that prisoners have their constitutional rights, or making decisions based on research and science when it comes to the environment.
Such a busy day! See you at the Obama-cupcake making party later Thing!

Thanks ZhuZhu for translating, not sure how that was unclear.
28.gif

starsapphire

Shiny_Rock
From past discussions on this forum, I think it is utterly futile to even ask this question.
20.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock

LMAO!!!! Between this and swimmer''s "I love him I love him I love him" post I''m cracking up over here...

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/21/2009 8:32:55 PM
Author: swimmer
Such a fun religion! I try to do stem cell research every day before breakfast, and then I think how awesome it is that I''m now trusted to make decisions about my own body (even though I''m incapacitated by ovaries), and then well, its a toss up between educating people about birth control, ensuring that prisoners have their constitutional rights, or making decisions based on research and science when it comes to the environment.

28.gif
And then you just HAD to follow it up with THAT gem.

ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/21/2009 9:27:29 PM
Author: starsapphire
From past discussions on this forum, I think it is utterly futile to even ask this question.
20.gif
i''ll ask the same Q three yrs from now,by that time we''ll be face with hyper inflation.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/21/2009 5:37:04 AM
Author: ksinger

Date: 3/21/2009 3:36:29 AM
Author: FrekeChild
To which I''ll add that I wasn''t and still am not, happy with his choice of Geithner. Bad choice out of the gate, IMO.
Geithner will be gone with the wind soon.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/21/2009 8:32:55 PM
Author: swimmer

And to answer the original question, I don't have buyer's remorse.

It's a good thing, too, because if I did, I'd have a LOT of Obama statues to return. And I'd be left with too much free time...praying to Obama 192 days is pretty time consuming. (For those wondering the significance of the number 192 in my religion, that's the number of electoral votes Obama beat McCain by.)

Such a fun religion! I try to do stem cell research every day before breakfast, and then I think how awesome it is that I'm now trusted to make decisions about my own body (even though I'm incapacitated by ovaries), and then well, its a toss up between educating people about birth control, ensuring that prisoners have their constitutional rights, or making decisions based on research and science when it comes to the environment.

28.gif

OMG I had a great time tonight at the Obama-cupcake making party, swimmer! I wish I could eat my cupcake, but I love Obama way too much to take a bite right out of his face. It's going on the mantel next to all my statues...and I bet it won't even decay!

P.S. I can't wait to come over tomorrow and help you with your stem cell research! I hope my ovaries won't get in the way of all that problem solving and decision making, though!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results