shape
carat
color
clarity

liberals...your honest opinion on Obama...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

klewis

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/22/2009 7:29:53 PM
Author: EBree
Date: 3/22/2009 7:05:28 PM

Author: zhuzhu

We suggest we be generous and give Holly and Bee an outlet for their anger, as long as the Admin has no problem with it. :)

I agree- what''s another handful of deleted threads?
2.gif

Date: 3/22/2009 5:45:18 PM

Author: HollyS

However, you don''t discuss a particular subject. You ask deliberately provocative questions, or say something - anything - to point out exactly how we as a country have ''effed up'' in your opinion. THAT is rude.

Gosh, this sounds so familiar. Where else do we see this on a regular basis? Something about ''fangirls'' and ''illegal aliens'' springs to mind.

Ouch! Still, at least I wasn''t called a hypocite.
Anyway, no need for anger......back to Obama and while this probably isn''t technically within the 60 days I''m sure DF will be a bit lenient - Obama''s "overture" to Iran is a very good thing- well timed and although Iran''s rebuttal is understandable IMO, Obama''s olive branch on behalf of all Americans will pay dividends. A tick for Obama on that one.

E B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/22/2009 7:59:36 PM
Author: klewis

Ouch! Still, at least I wasn't called a hypocite.

Anyway, no need for anger......back to Obama and while this probably isn't technically within the 60 days I'm sure DF will be a bit lenient - Obama's 'overture' to Iran is a very good thing- well timed and although Iran's rebuttal is understandable IMO, Obama's olive branch on behalf of all Americans will pay dividends. A tick for Obama on that one.

I'm not sure you meant to include me in the quote box but just in case: What I said wasn't directed at you, klewis. I rather like hearing what you (and others living outside the U.S.) have to say and I wish you'd come around more.

klewis

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/22/2009 8:07:56 PM

Anyway, no need for anger......back to Obama and while this probably isn''t technically within the 60 days I''m sure DF will be a bit lenient - Obama''s ''overture'' to Iran is a very good thing- well timed and although Iran''s rebuttal is understandable IMO, Obama''s olive branch on behalf of all Americans will pay dividends. A tick for Obama on that one.

I''m not sure you meant to include me in the quote box but just in case: What I said wasn''t directed at you, klewis. I rather like hearing what you (and others living outside the U.S.) have to say and I wish you''d come around more.

Yes I did mean to include you and I know you weren''t referring to me. I included your post for continuity -but sorry for the confusion. I don''t take things said here personally but thanks for the welcome, I really do appreciate it. You better be careful though, you could be branded a klewis fan!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Anyway, no need for anger......back to Obama and while this probably isn''t technically within the 60 days I''m sure DF will be a bit lenient - Obama''s ''overture'' to Iran is a very good thing- well timed and although Iran''s rebuttal is understandable IMO, Obama''s olive branch on behalf of all Americans will pay dividends. A tick for Obama on that one.
everytime when i hear the word "Iran" it reminds me of J.Carter being played like a muppet in front of the whole world.
20.gif
14.gif

swimmer

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/22/2009 8:26:20 PM
Author: Dancing Fire

everytime when i hear the word ''Iran'' it reminds me of J.Carter being played like a muppet in front of the whole world.
20.gif
14.gif

Ha! And I think of McCain singing and losing the election.

Have you found a single red faced liberal? I think we all sound pretty proud of him for working with the mess that he was handed. Now if only Obama had gotten the economy that Clinton passed along, now that would be great. Sadly though, we are mired in a huge old mess.

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
klewis: How can you possibly say that Obama's overture to Iran was anything but ridiculous? Iran rebuffed him. They will continue to rebuff him. His 'olive branch' video is left hanging out there to embarrass him and us, and will accomplish exactly nothing.

Kudos to him. Way to go, Obama.
20.gif
I see Chavez is equally impressed with our boy.

HollyS

Ideal_Rock

Date: 3/22/2009 7:05:28 PM
Author: zhuzhu
We suggest we be generous and give Holly and Bee an outlet for their anger, as long as the Admin has no problem with it. :)

I agree- what's another handful of deleted threads?
2.gif

However, you don't discuss a particular subject. You ask deliberately provocative questions, or say something - anything - to point out exactly how we as a country have 'effed up' in your opinion. THAT is rude.

Gosh, this sounds so familiar. Where else do we see this on a regular basis? Something about 'fangirls' and 'illegal aliens' springs to mind.

Well, you lost me. Since I've never referred to anyone as a 'fangirl' or an illegal alien' . . . I don't know exactly what is springing to your mind. But since I was responding to someone other than yourself, I guess that means you're attempting another odd snark of some sort.

And this poster has never been informed that they were the cause of a deleted thread. So finger point elsewhere.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/22/2009 10:40:33 PM
Author: swimmer

Date: 3/22/2009 8:26:20 PM

everytime when i hear the word ''Iran'' it reminds me of J.Carter being played like a muppet in front of the whole world.
20.gif
14.gif

Have you found a single red faced liberal? I think we all sound pretty proud of him for working with the mess that he was handed. Now if only Obama had gotten the economy that Clinton passed along, now that would be great. Sadly though, we are mired in a huge old mess.
if only Obama can be another Reagen.
5.gif
as for Clinton...i could of ran our country during the high tech boom.

E B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/22/2009 11:35:28 PM

I agree- what's another handful of deleted threads?
2.gif

However, you don't discuss a particular subject. You ask deliberately provocative questions, or say something - anything - to point out exactly how we as a country have 'effed up' in your opinion. THAT is rude.

Gosh, this sounds so familiar. Where else do we see this on a regular basis? Something about 'fangirls' and 'illegal aliens' springs to mind.

Well, you lost me. Since I've never referred to anyone as a 'fangirl' or an illegal alien' . . . I don't know exactly what is springing to your mind. But since I was responding to someone other than yourself, I guess that means you're attempting another odd snark of some sort.

And this poster has never been informed that they were the cause of a deleted thread. So finger point elsewhere.

I apologize- I wasn't referring to you, but to two AtW participants who are guilty of what you accused klewis of. I quoted you because it described so perfectly what we've been seeing a lot of around AtW recently, but it seems one 'side' is blamed more for it than the other. That's all I was trying to say...in fewer words.
2.gif

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/22/2009 10:40:33 PM
Author: swimmer

nope, they''re all hiding under their bed now.
28.gif

klewis

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/22/2009 11:30:50 PM
klewis: How can you possibly say that Obama''s overture to Iran was anything but ridiculous? Iran rebuffed him. They will continue to rebuff him. His ''olive branch'' video is left hanging out there to embarrass him and us, and will accomplish exactly nothing.

Kudos to him. Way to go, Obama.
20.gif
I see Chavez is equally impressed with our boy.

To answer your question would be to assume you were interested in my opinion yet you have stated earlier that you''re most definitely not however I see a question mark in your post. Do you secretly care what I think? Are you perhaps a closet klewis fan? I feel confused so would you please clarify.

AllieGator

Shiny_Rock
I have NO buyer''s remorse. I was never one of those silly people who thought Obama was the Messiah--I voted/campaigned for him, all the time knowing he was human and would make mistakes. No one is perfect.

Is there a point to theses threads, other than for the more conservative among us to make fun of the liberals? I don''t quite get it. We''re not all stupid, you know.

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/23/2009 9:31:56 AM
Author: AllieGator
I have NO buyer''s remorse. I was never one of those silly people who thought Obama was the Messiah--I voted/campaigned for him, all the time knowing he was human and would make mistakes. No one is perfect.

Is there a point to theses threads, other than for the more conservative among us to make fun of the liberals? I don''t quite get it. We''re not all stupid, you know.
Ditto, and no, Allie. There is no other point. Apparently there is no such thing as an informed Obama voter with awareness that he, too, is human. Either we are so overcome by his charm or propaganda, or we were convinced once he became president that we''d not have to pay our mortgage or car loan anymore.
20.gif

That''s why I rarely say anything in these threads anymore. It just gets mean. Every single time.

AllieGator

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/23/2009 10:08:13 AM
Author: elledizzy5

Ditto, and no, Allie. There is no other point. Apparently there is no such thing as an informed Obama voter with awareness that he, too, is human. Either we are so overcome by his charm or propaganda, or we were convinced once he became president that we''d not have to pay our mortgage or car loan anymore.
20.gif

That''s why I rarely say anything in these threads anymore. It just gets mean. Every single time.

I think you''re right...even though I''m very intelligent, very informed, and not gullible in the slightest, SOMEHOW he managed to get me! Oh no, I''ve been tricked by Obama into thinking he was a good candidate!

If only I could have seen the light, and voted for McCain...then we wouldn''t be in this horrible mess.

My bad, everyone. Thanks for changing my mind that I''m stupid!
3.gif

E B

Ideal_Rock

Is there a point to theses threads, other than for the more conservative among us to make fun of the liberals?

Very rarely. If you'll notice, those who start the majority of these threads don't actually participate in the debate- they either ask a question and avoid answering any follow-up questions others may have (because they don't have any answers), or they post a long, obviously biased opinion piece and we never hear from them again...until the next one.
3.gif

I miss the 'old' AtW- though it was just as mean, there was actual discussion taking place.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/23/2009 11:53:12 AM

Is there a point to theses threads, other than for the more conservative among us to make fun of the liberals?

Very rarely. If you''ll notice, those who start the majority of these threads don''t actually participate in the debate- they either ask a question and avoid answering any follow-up questions others may have (because they don''t have any answers), or they post a long, obviously biased opinion piece and we never hear from them again...until the next one.
3.gif

I miss the ''old'' AtW- though it was just as mean, there was actual discussion taking place.
yeah i agree...when all the liberals were beating up on the conservatives back in Nov.
Dedicated_to_Ayesha_by_lovexmetal.gif

zhuzhu

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/23/2009 12:19:29 PM
Date: 3/23/2009 11:53:12 AM

Very rarely. If you''ll notice, those who start the majority of these threads don''t actually participate in the debate- they either ask a question and avoid answering any follow-up questions others may have (because they don''t have any answers), or they post a long, obviously biased opinion piece and we never hear from them again...until the next one.
3.gif

I miss the ''old'' AtW- though it was just as mean, there was actual discussion taking place.
yeah i agree...when all the liberals were beating up on the conservatives back in Nov.
Dedicated_to_Ayesha_by_lovexmetal.gif

DF you know I love you too (even though you are "one of them" ).

41.gif

But come on. This is not a play ground.....

Ali

Shiny_Rock
Effective Immediately: Political discussions in any form will not be allowed on Pricescope.

After dealing with numerous complaints about behavior and other issues in ATW, we have decided to remove all discussions related to politics and we will no longer allow them on Pricescope.
There are many sites on the web that welcome the discussion and debate of political issues, but such topics will no longer be allowed on our forum. At this time, we feel that removing these topics from Pricescope altogether is in the best interests of the Pricescope community.

We have worked hard to keep Pricescope a positive place where people can discuss any topic as long as it's not illegal or profane, as long as the participants can behave respectfully. Unfortunately, politics and religion often seem to bring out the worst behavior in people and even normally polite posters find these topics pushing their hot buttons, and frequently lose their cool. This causes animosity and the subsequent behavior is not in the positive, educational spirit of Pricescope.
As a result, effective immediately, posts and threads of or relating to politics will be locked or deleted, and appropriate action will be taken. Avatars and signatures with political references or images of any nature will not be allowed.
We will also be updating our forum policies to reflect this new addition.

Thank you in advance for your support and cooperation. If you have any questions, you may contact us via the "Report Concern" button below.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results