shape
carat
color
clarity

Let''s try this again-Name that Dog-New names

What names do you think best fit the puppies?

• Gem and Scout

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Sandy and Sahara

• Bailey and Riley

• Samuel and Sadie

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

oshinbreez

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/13/2007 4:54:55 PM
Author: Skippy123
Daisy and Duke but I love Micky and Minnie too!

Sweet, sweet Skippy....you were the last on I expected to confuse me more.
9.gif
9.gif

oshinbreez

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/13/2007 5:14:28 PM
Author: Gothgrrl
Oh they are so precious! I like Bailey & Riley. Good luck on finding names for your fur-babies.

Thanks Gothgirl. I''ll let everyone know their names Monday.
36.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/13/2007 5:17:23 PM
Author: oshinbreez

9.gif
9.gif
Oh no, I am sorry. Those pups are too cute. What does your family think you should name them????

oshinbreez

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/13/2007 5:19:27 PM

9.gif
9.gif

Oh no, I am sorry. Those pups are too cute. What does your family think you should name them????

I was teasing you Skippy. Everyone else has been throwing in more names too.....people I won''t mention by name....but they know who they are.
9.gif

David suggested A@@ and hole....uh, no. My sister isn''t any better than everyone else....lol. My kids both think different names. Mom, brother, David''s sis and husband, and his son and FDIL have told me their picks. So now, I''m waiting to see how the poll ends up and between that and the other suggestions.....the pups will have their names.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/13/2007 5:27:50 PM

Date: 10/13/2007 5:19:27 PM

9.gif
9.gif

I was teasing you Skippy. Everyone else has been throwing in more names too.....people I won''t mention by name....but they know who they are.
9.gif

David suggested A@@ and hole....uh, no. My sister isn''t any better than everyone else....lol. My kids both think different names. Mom, brother, David''s sis and husband, and his son and FDIL have told me their picks. So now, I''m waiting to see how the poll ends up and between that and the other suggestions.....the pups will have their names.
lol.gif
Can''t wait to find out there names Monday!

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
They look like Duke and Daisy to me
2.gif
I surely do not see any basset in those pups
6.gif

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
Hi Oshin, hope I''m not too late to vote! I think all the pairs of names you have a really cute. I voted for Gem and Scout because they seem so personal to you and your husband. No one will love these dogs as much as you and your hubby, so why not name them after your hobbies! Naming children after ancestors is great and even though pets are like kids to us I''m not sure a great-grandfather would have the same nostalgia about a pet being named after him as he would for a grandchild
3.gif

Plus, I don''t think you''ll find many other dogs or pets with the names Gem and Scout. Our dog is Pepper and we''ve met 2-3 other dogs with that name so far.

Good luck!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Okay, I''ll vote. I''ve been following these threads of yours Oshin, but I can never decide. I think I''ll go with Sam and Sadie. I have to say that I love the name Emma for the girl puppy, but I know that''s not a choice. I thought of voting for Duke and Daisy but I''m not crazy about "Duke." Sorry! Yes, Sam and Sadie, for sure.

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
I guess I didn''t mention that the MOM was the basset.

Well, I guess this proof Door Knob is a moron...give me some time to get out of this hole...

Are you sure she is a Basset ? We are talking a long weighty body, 3 inch legs, long floppy ears, long snout, large droopy sad eyes...belly that drags the ground...that kind of Basset? (BAS means low...as in low to the ground.) Those pups have none of those characteristics. Is there anyway she was a surrogate? Or again is this proof I am a total moron?

DKS-yes you can answer that truthfully in you reply

oshinbreez

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/13/2007 7:44:37 PM
Author: door knob solitaire
I guess I didn''t mention that the MOM was the basset.

Well, I guess this proof Door Knob is a moron...give me some time to get out of this hole...

Are you sure she is a Basset ? We are talking a long weighty body, 3 inch legs, long floppy ears, long snout, large droopy sad eyes...belly that drags the ground...that kind of Basset? (BAS means low...as in low to the ground.) Those pups have none of those characteristics. Is there anyway she was a surrogate? Or again is this proof I am a total moron?

DKS-yes you can answer that truthfully in you reply

The mom did have a little longer legs...but not much. She was probably a mixed breed too. They look like the father.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/13/2007 5:18:59 PM

Date: 10/13/2007 5:14:28 PM
Author: Gothgrrl
Oh they are so precious! I like Bailey & Riley. Good luck on finding names for your fur-babies.

Thanks Gothgirl. I''ll let everyone know their names Monday.
36.gif
I love Bailey and Riley, but then again that was my suggestion, hehe.
31.gif

sera

Ideal_Rock
I like Gem and Scout because they are more personal, and the names "fit."

I can't imagine going to the dog park and calling out, "Daisssy Duuuke!" Dog names gotta be shoutable.
2.gif
And Samuel just doesn't seem doggy-ish. Bailey and Riley are cute names, but I think Gem and Scout are cuter
21.gif
Sandy and Sahara are cute names too, but Sahara being 3 syllables seems too long (but not like there's a rule that says dog names must consist of 2 syllables lol).

Sha

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/13/2007 9:40:11 PM
Author: sera
I like Gem and Scout because they are more personal, and the names ''fit.''

I can''t imagine going to the dog park and calling out, ''Daisssy Duuuke!'' Dog names gotta be shoutable.
2.gif
And Samuel just doesn''t seem doggy-ish. Bailey and Riley are cute names, but I think Gem and Scout are cuter
21.gif
Sandy and Sahara are cute names too, but Sahara being 3 syllables seems too long (but not like there''s a rule that says dog names must consist of 2 syllables lol).

Gem and Scout are cute, but not shoutable either.
Gemmmm!!! Scouuuuttt!!! Nahh... Daisy and Duke are much more shoutable, IMO. And Sandy and Sahara are very shoutable. Just think...SANNN-ddyyyy!!! Sa-HA-raaaaa!!!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Our dogs names are Milo and Daisy...didn''t want to throw that into the mix earlier but I think I''m safe now that it''s later on Sunday evening and we''re finding out tomorrow what these doggies will be named!

Both Milo and Daisy are definitely "shoutable" names. Trust me, the names get shouted a lot around here, lol! We also took into consideration that the names needed to sound different enough from each other that each dog would understand when they were being called, but both names had to "flow" when we said them together in the same sentence, ya know? I had a thread on naming Daisy last year, can''t remember what it was called for the life of me but a lot of people chimed in about names there, too.

Can''t wait to find out what the names are!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's Monday.

Deborah
34.gif

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
No names yet??? It''s almost Wednesday!!!

I voted for Sam and Sadie...

So, in case you''re looking for more ideas...

How about "Cracker" and "Jack" Then you just have to yell "Crackerjack!"

Sonny and Cher?

Peaches and Cream?

Brooks and Dunn?

Lady and the Tramp?
31.gif

Abbott and Costello?

Okay, okay...that cough syrup with codeine I took earlier must be kicking in...I think I''m getting a little punchy!

oshinbreez

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/17/2007 2:05:22 AM
Author: Harleigh
No names yet??? It''s almost Wednesday!!!

I voted for Sam and Sadie...

So, in case you''re looking for more ideas...

How about ''Cracker'' and ''Jack'' Then you just have to yell ''Crackerjack!''

Sonny and Cher?

Peaches and Cream?

Brooks and Dunn?

Lady and the Tramp?
31.gif

Abbott and Costello?

Okay, okay...that cough syrup with codeine I took earlier must be kicking in...I think I''m getting a little punchy!

Yes, the pups have been named.
36.gif
36.gif

Here is the link

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results