shape
carat
color
clarity

Let''s try this again-Name that Dog-New names

What names do you think best fit the puppies?

• Gem and Scout

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Sandy and Sahara

• Bailey and Riley

• Samuel and Sadie

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

oshinbreez

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry to do this, but I was just suggested another set of names and had to add them to the poll. So, if you voted, please vote again.

Some info about us. We live out in the country in FL. David used to be a scout master for many years. The dogs are outside dogs...part Golden Retriever and part Bassett Hound, so they''re hunting dogs by nature. They won''t be hunting.

Here''s a picture of them.

Copy of Puppies 10-10 019.JPG

oshinbreez

Brilliant_Rock
Female

Female.JPG

oshinbreez

Brilliant_Rock
Male

Male.JPG

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They''re adorable. Are they going to be outdoors all the time? I never had a dog who was outdoors at night. I think I would feel I was missing out on an integral part of having a pet! Is that what you meant by an "outdoor dog"? I had a Golden before my current dog (who is a yellow Lab). I recognize that stick-in-the-mouth thing one of the dogs is doing. Having a retriever made me believe in nature versus nurture...you can''t stop retrievers from retrieving! They have to bring you things...your husband''s slippers and shoes if nothing else presents itself!

Deborah
34.gif

oshinbreez

Brilliant_Rock
Yes, they''re outside all the time. I spend quite a bit of time outside with them, playing and loving on them. Living out in the country, and David being gone 6 days a week, I wanted an outside dog to let me know if someone or something is around. They have a fenced in area out the back door.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
What about Rhett and Scarlett?

I also like Elvis for the boy since he is part hound, but that does not help with the girl name.

Overall I love Duke and Daisy though...really think it suits them!

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
I don''t think going to have to be concerned about the basset hound...I think there must be some mistake there. The basset may have been invited to the party...but I think she only kissed him!!

I learned with my two babes...that a litter of dogs can be multibreed. I don''t mean mutts. I mean the mother dog may have felt a tad more amorous...and kissed a few fellas instead of just one date. If she kissed a Rottweiler and a poodle...one pup will be a rottweiler and yet another pup from the same litter will be a poodle with absolutely NO rotty. (obviously with the addition of what ever the mother is).

So a litter can be squired by different males and you will see the difference in the litter.

Oh dear this has been a difficult attempt at a tactful post...I suppose I should have just said the mother may have had several...donors while she was receiving. Donations are accepted over an extended period of time...and the caretaker may not have witnessed all donations. And once again...Duke and Daisy are such beauties!!! I want them!!!!

DKS

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Argh, posted on your other thread and voted for Gem and Scout...I like Duke and Daisy but it totally reminds me of redneck Dukes of Hazzard and Jessica Simpson...lol! (And that is kind of a negative connatation for me!) Anyway, I love Scout for the fact of what your hubby does, and Gem for the fact that you love PS and diamonds/gemstones! I think that is a great combo, plus I have always love the book To Kill a Mockingbird. Good luck in your decision, oshinbrrez!

Hera

Ideal_Rock
Four way tie so far. Not sure this poll is helping yet
9.gif

oshinbreez

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/11/2007 10:19:27 PM
Author: diamondfan
What about Rhett and Scarlett?

I also like Elvis for the boy since he is part hound, but that does not help with the girl name.

Overall I love Duke and Daisy though...really think it suits them!

Please....no more names
9.gif
It''s a hard enough decision. I can see them being called any of the sets of names above. My sister made several new suggestions yesterday. Jude and Penny (Hey Jude and Penny Lane-Beatles songs), George and Gracie, Humphrey and Bacall....just a few of her suggestions.

I also found out that Riley was my great grandfathers name.

I''m so confused.....lol

oshinbreez

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/12/2007 2:03:25 AM
Author: door knob solitaire
I don''t think going to have to be concerned about the basset hound...I think there must be some mistake there. The basset may have been invited to the party...but I think she only kissed him!!

I learned with my two babes...that a litter of dogs can be multibreed. I don''t mean mutts. I mean the mother dog may have felt a tad more amorous...and kissed a few fellas instead of just one date. If she kissed a Rottweiler and a poodle...one pup will be a rottweiler and yet another pup from the same litter will be a poodle with absolutely NO rotty. (obviously with the addition of what ever the mother is).

So a litter can be squired by different males and you will see the difference in the litter.

Oh dear this has been a difficult attempt at a tactful post...I suppose I should have just said the mother may have had several...donors while she was receiving. Donations are accepted over an extended period of time...and the caretaker may not have witnessed all donations. And once again...Duke and Daisy are such beauties!!! I want them!!!!

DKS

I''d wondered about that before. I''ve seen litter mates that looked nothing like the rest of the litter. In fact, the girl we didn''t get was black and white, even though she did seem to be the same breeds.

oshinbreez

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/12/2007 2:26:22 AM
Author: monarch64
Argh, posted on your other thread and voted for Gem and Scout...I like Duke and Daisy but it totally reminds me of redneck Dukes of Hazzard and Jessica Simpson...lol! (And that is kind of a negative connatation for me!) Anyway, I love Scout for the fact of what your hubby does, and Gem for the fact that you love PS and diamonds/gemstones! I think that is a great combo, plus I have always love the book To Kill a Mockingbird. Good luck in your decision, oshinbrrez!

I never saw the Dukes of Hazard movie, so I picture Jessica Simpson. I remember the tv show. The name Duke reminds me of the dog of the Beverly Hillbillies tv show. Either way....redneck name....lol.

Gem and Scout I like because of what you mentioned. I also liked "To Kill a Mockingbird".

oshinbreez

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/12/2007 4:54:15 AM
Author: heraanderson
Four way tie so far. Not sure this poll is helping yet
9.gif

9.gif
ACK
9.gif

The results right now are:

Samuel and Sadie-10
Duke and Daisy-8
Gem and Scout-8
Bailey and Riley-8
Sandy and Sahara-4

Come on and Vote for your favorite names. Poll ends Saturday.

oshinbreez

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/12/2007 9:08:16 AM
Author: oshinbreez
Date: 10/12/2007 2:26:22 AM

Author: monarch64

I never saw the Dukes of Hazard movie, so I picture Jessica Simpson. I remember the tv show. The name Duke reminds me of the dog of the Beverly Hillbillies tv show. Either way....redneck name....lol.

Gem and Scout I like because of what you mentioned. I also liked ''To Kill a Mockingbird''.

That was supposed to be I don''t picture Jessica Simpson.

October2008bride

Brilliant_Rock
I know this isn''t helping, but I would do Sadie and Scout. I just love both of those!! And I think the boy does look like a Scout, and the female looks more like a Sadie than a Gem.

I know it isn''t necessarily the matchy pair, but I think it is really cute!

oshinbreez

Brilliant_Rock
lol....nope, not helping....lol
9.gif

Evelynn

Shiny_Rock
I really like Scout and Gem... (Remember Jem and the Rockettes or Rockers or whichever they were called?)

You wouldn''t want two names to sound similar, so when calling one of them the other is confused. We have some friends who named their two dogs Rusty and Buster (they call him Busty) and now both come running because the two sound so alike.

Either way, they are adorable!!

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
TOTALLY love Sammy and Sadie. Yes, you said Samuel, but I have a tendency to shorten names for pets!!

BTW, love the pups.

oshinbreez

Brilliant_Rock
I''ve been keeping away from the rhyming names for that reason. All of the ones above just seem to go together without sounding alike.

Thanks. I think they''re cute too.

oshinbreez

Brilliant_Rock
I just had to throw Samuel and Sadie in to the poll when they were mentioned to me. There are so many cute names they could be named.

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
I think that to have one dog with a one syllable name like Duke, adding a two syllable name like Daisy seems off, although I voted for it before. The shorter a name is, the less likely to be nicknamed (Like Samuel- Sammy, Duke- Duke!), but Duke and Daisy sounds cute, though. I think the meter is off with Samuel and Sadie. Too many syllables for me. Then again, I''m lazy.

Also, I hear Daisy and think Jessica, too. My dad had a dog named Duke, but everyone called him Dukey. Hilarious when you''re a child, though.

I''m no help, am I? Sadly, now that it''s been brought up, I kind of like Rhett and Scarlett! Gem and Scout is cute, too.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
After giving it a lot of thought I decided to back "Samuel and Sadie". They seemed different enough from each other without being "Duke and Daisy". Although I liked "Sandy" and "Sahara", each name evoked a sandy picture in my mind. Sandy colored dogs, sandy colored names. Somehow I liked "Samuel and Sadie". They''re different lengths and clearly meant for dogs of different sexes. Now I have to sit back and watch!

Deb
34.gif

oshinbreez

Brilliant_Rock
I was outside earlier and called them each of the above names to see if they seemed to have a preference. No such luck....lol

Rock Candy

Brilliant_Rock
I still think they look like Duke and Daisy!

Rock Candy

Brilliant_Rock

DKS

Why DKS.... are you saying that Lady was a Tramp?????
31.gif

(I totally get what you''re saying - just kidding!)

Sha

Ideal_Rock
Sandy and Sahara!

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
Oh crackers...I like George and Gracie suggestion from your...sister. That is cute. Better keep that one in the files.

Here Georgie...Here Gracie...snack time!! Aawhhh...that is cute.

Sorry Sorry sorry...I just wanted to give some cuddos to your sister. Just a little space just for her!!

Oh and Bogey and Bacall...I
emlove.gif
that! Sorry...look this naming thing is addicting. You can't seem to stop. Like Lays potato chips...you can't stop at just one!! They are that good.

DKS

ps...Rock Candy...Too cute!!! Yes I was trying to say... "the Lady was a Tramp..." as there is NO basset in those pups. So where did the basset go? The black and white was mentioned...tisk tisk tisk.

oshinbreez

Brilliant_Rock

DKS

I guess I didn''t mention that the MOM was the basset.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Daisy and Duke but I love Micky and Minnie too!

Gothgrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Oh they are so precious! I like Bailey & Riley. Good luck on finding names for your fur-babies.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results