carat
color
clarity

Let's talk about my new 2.93ct OEC

Sprinkles&Stones

Brilliant_Rock

Spring Day

Brilliant_Rock
I reached out to her so that I can compare all three diamonds but…. I think it’s TOO big. I know, I can’t believe it. But almost 11.5mm center 3-stone is gonna be overload. And I don’t want a solitaire.

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade
FYI, Sin City’s 5.13 is shallow and has messy facet patterning under the table.

Spring Day

Brilliant_Rock
FYI, Sin City’s 5.13 is shallow and has messy facet patterning under the table.

I actually said the same thing. For $45k, it’s not perfect enough under the table so I passed. But then last night I had some drinks and I bought it. Won’t hurt to see what it looks like in person. If it’s too leaky, I’ll send it back. I don’t mind a little wonk, but at that size, the leakiness is gonna be very apparent.

Btw, @Tourmaline I live next to Eragem. Wish they had a public showroom open. I was thinking about reaching out and seeing if they could pull some stones/rings.

Sprinkles&Stones

Brilliant_Rock
I actually said the same thing. For $45k, it’s not perfect enough under the table so I passed. But then last night I had some drinks and I bought it. Won’t hurt to see what it looks like in person. If it’s too leaky, I’ll send it back. I don’t mind a little wonk, but at that size, the leakiness is gonna be very apparent.

Btw, @Tourmaline I live next to Eragem. Wish they had a public showroom open. I was thinking about reaching out and seeing if they could pull some stones/rings.

Omg you did get it?? Will you post pics when you get it??

Django74th

Shiny_Rock

I live proximate to Eragem as well. If you create a wish list, you can call and make an appointment to go into their office to try on all your picks. They are expensive but are nice and have a good return policy.

Please, please share pics of the Sin City diamond. I’m so curious!

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
I actually said the same thing. For $45k, it’s not perfect enough under the table so I passed. But then last night I had some drinks and I bought it.

Man you are ballsy :lol:. Even though everyone has return policies, it stresses me out to put out that much $ up front! I did that once with a WF diamond to compare how it looked with my GIA XXX. It wasn't nearly as much $ but it stressed the hell out of me! LOL!

Spring Day

Brilliant_Rock
I live proximate to Eragem as well. If you create a wish list, you can call and make an appointment to go into their office to try on all your picks. They are expensive but are nice and have a good return policy.

Please, please share pics of the Sin City diamond. I’m so curious!

Perfect. I was going to ask if that was a possibility. It would be nice to see what they have, albeit being a bit overpriced.

I’m really hoping that it looks good irl. It’s such a good price. It’s just that dang table.

ETA: didn’t know we lived so close. I was just talking to another PSer about maybe doing a PNW GTG now that covid has relaxed a little. FYI, I will be checking immunization cards and IDs at the door. :lol:

Spring Day

Brilliant_Rock
Man you are ballsy :lol:. Even though everyone has return policies, it stresses me out to put out that much $ up front! I did that once with a WF diamond to compare how it looked with my GIA XXX. It wasn't nearly as much $ but it stressed the hell out of me! LOL!

Gah, I’m freaking out @Mreader! It’s too many diamonds! I have all the emotions. Anxiety, stress, excitement, and sheer fear of losing one of the stones.

Django74th

Shiny_Rock
Perfect. I was going to ask if that was a possibility. It would be nice to see what they have, albeit being a bit overpriced.

I’m really hoping that it looks good irl. It’s such a good price. It’s just that dang table.

ETA: didn’t know we lived so close. I was just talking to another PSer about maybe doing a PNW GTG now that covid has relaxed a little. FYI, I will be checking immunization cards and IDs at the door. :lol:

I LOVE this idea and I’m completely on board, including checking cards at the door . Happy to team up with you (and others) to plan something.

Thanks for taking us along on this! I’d be completely nervous like you but still so exciting!

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade
How neat that you live next to Eragem! Now that I have my diamond, I seriously cannot imagine sending it anywhere! Like, if I had a custom setting made, I’d hand deliver it! Eragem was wonderful. I had a great experience with them.

Wow, you bought the 5.13, too!!! I am interested to see if you can get pictures that are more revealing than her videos. This sure is going to be a fun comparison!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Spring Day

Brilliant_Rock
I LOVE this idea and I’m completely on board, including checking cards at the door . Happy to team up with you (and others) to plan something.

Thanks for taking us along on this! I’d be completely nervous like you but still so exciting!
Yessss, let’s go have like brunch or lunch so there’s daylight and we can all gawk at each other’s jewels. You can email me at the contact in preloved/LT so we can talk privately off pricescope!

Spring Day

Brilliant_Rock
How neat that you live next to Eragem! Now that I have my diamond, I seriously cannot imagine sending it anywhere! Like, if I had a custom setting made, I’d hand deliver it! Eragem was wonderful. I had a great experience with them.

Wow, you bought the 5.13, too!!! I am interested to see if you can get pictures that are more revealing than her videos. Thai sure is going to be a fun comparison!!!

I know! But Diana does such a good job. Way better than a lot of other vendors. I hope it’s good! I mean the chances of finding another 5ct+ decently cut and decently priced OEC is gonna be a needle in a haystack.

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I know! But Diana does such a good job. Way better than a lot of other vendors. I hope it’s good! I mean the chances of finding another 5ct+ decently cut and decently priced OEC is gonna be a needle in a haystack.

I wouldn't say mine was "decently priced". I paid a premium for a cut I felt was perfect. I had planned to spend far less than I ended up spending on a diamond. I almost settled for one that was literally less than half the cost of the one I ended up with. The culet was off-center, and I couldn't get my head around that. It was also smaller than the one I ended up with.

Spring Day

Brilliant_Rock
So I got the 4.11 QR today and its beautiful. The warmer diamond really picks up all the surrounding colors so much more than the M or the L. The cut is *chef's kiss*. The only qualm I have is that it is only slightly bigger than the 2.93ct M at 9.75mm. The 2.93 is 9.10mm. I get the 5.13 from Diana tomorrow but I may not be home...

IG comparison videos:

IMG_2592.jpg IMG_2593.jpg IMG_2591.jpg IMG_2599.jpg

Color comparison of the 3.
From left to right:
1.92 L
2.93 M
4.11 QR

IMG_2608.jpg

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
Does the fact that it is not set might have something to do with the fact that it’s picking up the surrounding colors more? I honestly have no idea just wondering. They are both gorgeous. But yes the size is similar and I imagine the 4.11 cost a bit more.

Spring Day

Brilliant_Rock
Does the fact that it is not set might have something to do with the fact that it’s picking up the surrounding colors more? I honestly have no idea just wondering. They are both gorgeous. But yes the size is similar and I imagine the 4.11 cost a bit more.

I was told by a very beautiful and lovely PSer that her QR also seems to pick up more colors than her higher colored stones. But your guess is good as mine since this is my first lower colored OEC. I know that so far, I like the cut and faceting of the QR the most.

HS4S_2

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I was told by a very beautiful and lovely PSer that her QR also seems to pick up more colors than her higher colored stones. But your guess is good as mine since this is my first lower colored OEC. I know that so far, I like the cut and faceting of the QR the most.

It looks amazing!

My warm Avr picks up ALL the colors! I love it.

Are you still getting the one from Sin City

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Do you know the depth of the 4.11? I am a bit concerned that both the crown angle and the pavilion angle are steep (high), making them possibly not play well together. In your photos, we see straight through the entire table. Is that something you see in person, too?

EDIT: I have a visual ruler app and I measured and calculated, putting the arrow to where a pointed culet would end, because that is more accurate for figuring. The depth is 70.25. That’s quite deep. That’s why it doesn’t face up as big as you imagined it would.

Last edited:

Spring Day

Brilliant_Rock
It looks amazing!

My warm Avr picks up ALL the colors! I love it.

Are you still getting the one from Sin City

Yes, supposed to be here tomorrow!

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the Q-R color best!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results