shape
carat
color
clarity

Let's talk about my new 2.93ct OEC

Spring Day

Brilliant_Rock
I'm making an RT thread dedicated to the new stone so as not to keep bumping my preloved thread so that others can continue to sell their items without their threads being pushed further down.

Center: GIA 2.93ct M VS1
Sides: approx 1.20ctw
Center is about 9.10mm with 5.20mm sides if people were wondering about ratio.

Ok, so pics from the previous thread
IMG_2528.jpg

IMG_2548.jpg

IG video. https://www.instagram.com/tv/CWGz1AelOK2/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link
For some reason, its a bit hazy like IG put a filter over it but I uploaded it different times but it did the same thing. It was hard to try to find good lighting so I'm on my balcony with an uninsured ring on that is too small for my fingers. To say I was nervous is an understatement. I used to live in a house with a private backyard but I recently moved to the middle of a city with no privacy so I'm lucky I even got these pics/videos! And I can't go out on the sidewalk cuz what if someone walks by and mugs me! That would really bum me out.

So, I'm 95% leaning towards keeping the ratio as is. I really thought I would want to pair it with the 2.34ctw sides I have but I really love how the center is the star and I have missed my original 3-stone. Like I said in the other thread, I was always planning on upgrading the center but didn't think it would be this quick! And I definitely thought I would pair the upgraded center with the 2 bigger sides but gah, I just love this smaller stone ratio!

Now, how do I set this baby... I love my original 3-stone setting but I happened to find out someone asked DK to copy it exactly but I know those are the consequences of posting on a public forum. Doesn't mean I have to like it! :lol::boohoo: But I still may go ahead with that design... I do have more room in the center to do as I wish so if anyone wants to post any pics of 3-stone ring designs they love, I would love you! :kiss2:

I was enjoying the ring and playing around with the stones but look what I found... 2 out of the 6 prongs on each side are not pushed down against the stone. I knew it was a temp setting and it was a flimsy one at that, but come on! Looks like they did make a little notch for the diamond to sit in but... eek!
IMG_2551.jpg
IMG_2550.jpg

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Quite the stunner!

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I love this new diamond, and, as I said in the other thread, I am so glad a PSer got it! It seems to have a character very similar to my OEC, and I knew it would when I saw its dimensions in the report.

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
As I said on other thread I'm so glad you got this so that we can now see it clearly! I think it sat being unsold for so long bc the vendor pics were terrible. I don't have any specific ideas other than yes - that boring setting needs to go. I can't wait to see what you do with it!

ETA - your videos are still so much better than the vendors, despite the haziness you mention (which I really don't see).

maita13

Brilliant_Rock
This ring had been on my - and everyone else’s, it seems - watchlist forever ( @Mreader , we seem to have the same taste in bling; also coveted TOTGA for the longest time). I’m SO glad you took a leap of faith and bought this stunner, @Spring Day . Sellers who don’t know how to take good pics of their wares do us, PSers, a great service, imho;)2

@Spring Day , I really love the new ring’s proportion on you. You can still (re)set it as your old style ring, but with French cut sides instead. However you decide to set it, I know it’ll be gorge, gorge and gorge❤️

Spring Day

Brilliant_Rock
As I said on other thread I'm so glad you got this so that we can now see it clearly! I think it sat being unsold for so long bc the vendor pics were terrible. I don't have any specific ideas other than yes - that boring setting needs to go. I can't wait to see what you do with it!

ETA - your videos are still so much better than the vendors, despite the haziness you mention (which I really don't see).

I guess its not too hazy but the video in my photo album isn't the same. Oh well!

It does need to go! Not only is it boring, the diamonds are gonna fall out! Knowing how clumsy I am, its gonna be sooner than later!

Spring Day

Brilliant_Rock
This ring had been on my - and everyone else’s, it seems - watchlist forever ( @Mreader , we seem to have the same taste in bling; also coveted TOTGA for the longest time). I’m SO glad you took a leap of faith and bought this stunner, @Spring Day . Sellers who don’t know how to take good pics of their wares do us, PSers, a great service, imho;)2

@Spring Day , I really love the new ring’s proportion on you. You can still (re)set it as your old style ring, but with French cut sides instead. However you decide to set it, I know it’ll be gorge, gorge and gorge❤️

Right? It's been on mine for so long too! I even sent it to multiple other PSers when they were in the market to buy a stone. Never thought I would be the one to buy it, ha!

Spring Day

Brilliant_Rock
It’s perfection!! I love love love the facet pattern! Enjoy and do share all the pictures you care to share with us (just do it safely and not on the balcony or street!).

But where is the question! The parks have homeless people, the streets have...well, people, and my balcony makes me nervous. I will find a way!!!

Spring Day

Brilliant_Rock
@maita13 I wonder who did end up with TOTGA? I was hoping it would make an appearance somewhere on PS! :)

I believe it was sold to a friend of hers, locally.

Let's jump her and steal TOTGA

I've been waiting for the person who copied my ring to make an appearance on PS but its been crickets. And for DK to post the ring on his IG but maybe the person who got it felt guilty and asked him not to. If you're reading this, you know who you are!

oncrutchesrightnow

Ideal_Rock
But where is the question! The parks have homeless people, the streets have...well, people, and my balcony makes me nervous. I will find a way!!!

Bring it to my house. I’ll even wear the ring so you can photograph it more easily. And hold on to it for safekeeping afterward, too. Anything to help.

Spring Day

Brilliant_Rock
Bring it to my house. I’ll even wear the ring so you can photograph it more easily. And hold on to it for safekeeping afterward, too. Anything to help.

Oh wow, you are so sweet to offer. The sacrifice and time you are taking out of your day to do me this favor will not go unnoticed! I mean, I do need a size 5 finger model... Wonder if flights are cheap. :lol:

Eta: I just realized you also offered to hold onto it to keep it safe! So sweet! You know I live in the oh so dangerous city and want to save me from muggers! Oh, you! :kiss2:

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I think you need a trip to a big box store. The lighting is amazing and you can place it on a long sturdy chain (since it doesn’t fit yet) and pull it out in the lighting aisle! :lol: Or buy some ambiance lighting for the home?!
We’re not too picky here!!

Bijouteried

Shiny_Rock
I'm making an RT thread dedicated to the new stone so as not to keep bumping my preloved thread so that others can continue to sell their items without their threads being pushed further down.

Center: GIA 2.93ct M VS1
Sides: approx 1.20ctw
Center is about 9.10mm with 5.20mm sides if people were wondering about ratio.

Ok, so pics from the previous thread
IMG_2528.jpg

IMG_2548.jpg

IG video. https://www.instagram.com/tv/CWGz1AelOK2/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link
For some reason, its a bit hazy like IG put a filter over it but I uploaded it different times but it did the same thing. It was hard to try to find good lighting so I'm on my balcony with an uninsured ring on that is too small for my fingers. To say I was nervous is an understatement. I used to live in a house with a private backyard but I recently moved to the middle of a city with no privacy so I'm lucky I even got these pics/videos! And I can't go out on the sidewalk cuz what if someone walks by and mugs me! That would really bum me out.

So, I'm 95% leaning towards keeping the ratio as is. I really thought I would want to pair it with the 2.34ctw sides I have but I really love how the center is the star and I have missed my original 3-stone. Like I said in the other thread, I was always planning on upgrading the center but didn't think it would be this quick! And I definitely thought I would pair the upgraded center with the 2 bigger sides but gah, I just love this smaller stone ratio!

Now, how do I set this baby... I love my original 3-stone setting but I happened to find out someone asked DK to copy it exactly but I know those are the consequences of posting on a public forum. Doesn't mean I have to like it! :lol::boohoo: But I still may go ahead with that design... I do have more room in the center to do as I wish so if anyone wants to post any pics of 3-stone ring designs they love, I would love you! :kiss2:

I was enjoying the ring and playing around with the stones but look what I found... 2 out of the 6 prongs on each side are not pushed down against the stone. I knew it was a temp setting and it was a flimsy one at that, but come on! Looks like they did make a little notch for the diamond to sit in but... eek!
IMG_2551.jpg
IMG_2550.jpg

Both very lovely rings! I'm also a fan of three-stone rings that showcase a larger diamond in the center. If it were me, I'd keep both rings as-is and just alternate! :dance:

Spring Day

Brilliant_Rock
Hmm.. been talking to @maita13 and I've fallen in love with her new Q/R. I didn't even know I liked lower colored stones but I LOVE hers... The wheels in my brain are turning and thinking maybe I want a bigger stone with lower color... I do have a 30 day return window so gives me time to think...

Spring Day

Brilliant_Rock
I think you need a trip to a big box store. The lighting is amazing and you can place it on a long sturdy chain (since it doesn’t fit yet) and pull it out in the lighting aisle! :lol: Or buy some ambiance lighting for the home?!

When you said chain, I wasn't thinking around my neck but those huge spools of chains they have at home depot and I was like "but how will I place it on that chain???" What a boob.

Spring Day

Brilliant_Rock
Both very lovely rings! I'm also a fan of three-stone rings that showcase a larger diamond in the center. If it were me, I'd keep both rings as-is and just alternate! :dance:

HA! If only I was made of money! But that would be bad too cuz if I was literally made of money, I would be taking chunks off of myself. At least I would be skinny? Probably too skinny with the money I spend...

oncrutchesrightnow

Ideal_Rock

Hey, this right here is an actual real suggestion. No more excuses. Go take more photos. Bring back a pint of Ben + Jerry’s.

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
Hmm.. been talking to @maita13 and I've fallen in love with her new Q/R. I didn't even know I liked lower colored stones but I LOVE hers... The wheels in my brain are turning and thinking maybe I want a bigger stone with lower color... I do have a 30 day return window so gives me time to think...

@bright ice just got an amazing Q-R as well. It’s TDF.

luvmysparklies

Brilliant_Rock
Both of these rings are beautiful. Your new ring though is just WOW! I was looking at the prong issue you mentioned. I see the diamond in the seat, but the part that should be pushed over for the two prongs looks to be fused (soldered) onto the main stone prongs in such a way that the prongs for the smaller stones *can't* be folded down. I wonder if someone (poorly) designed it this way, where the the seats are intentionally/essentially functioning as the prongs. Either way, it is a good thing you are thinking to re-do! All this blingage needs a mini-fortress securing the stones! Well done!:):appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results