shape
carat
color
clarity

Let's talk about CS projects in progress

Rad_Fan

Ideal_Rock
I was at Intergem looking for settings for some of my current gems, so what do I buy?

More gems.

I could kick myself, but Vancegems (a highly reputable colored gem dealer and lapidary) had some old stock with great pricing. I got this deep bluish green Namibian demantoid of 2.4 carats for only $200. It has some inclusions, but nothing eye distracting. It’s so bluish irl, the photos can’t capture it. It’s even bluer than the 1.1 Namibian cushion I wear all the time. The color reminds me of the Dresden green diamond. The fire is incredible! I have to set it. I posted it below in top of an empty setting.

I also got this bright orange precision cut spessartite of 2.4 carats for $125. Not bad!!

608FF728-B13D-481F-BD93-743CA88332B6.jpeg 002A152D-502C-43E7-9848-7A9EDE3B683F.jpeg 3D24BA45-5935-43F1-B32A-A13557E2FAE7.jpeg

When did you buy those? I want to eat that spess. garnet.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
When did you buy those? I want to eat that spess. garnet.

Today, and Vancegems had more spessartite like that if you’re interested. Old stock, so great prices.

The demantoid was seriously underpriced for what it was.

Rad_Fan

Ideal_Rock
Today, and Vancegems had more spessartite like that if you’re interested. Old stock, so great prices.

I wish I’m nearby but its better for my wallet that I’m not, lol! That spess seems to be a killer deal. MG online prices seem to be much high per ct?!

I’ve read about Vancegems on some old threads and they don’t have an online service, right?

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wish I’m nearby but its better for my wallet that I’m not, lol! That spess seems to be a killer deal. MG online prices seem to be much high per ct?!

I’ve read about Vancegems on some old threads and they don’t have an online service, right?

They have a FB page. You can probably message them there. They have an email listed there as well.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
I was at Intergem looking for settings for some of my current gems, so what do I buy?

More gems.

I could kick myself, but Vancegems (a highly reputable colored gem dealer and lapidary) had some old stock with great pricing. I got this deep bluish green Namibian demantoid of 2.4 carats for only $200. It has some inclusions, but nothing eye distracting. It’s so bluish irl, the photos can’t capture it. It’s even bluer than the 1.1 Namibian cushion I wear all the time. The color reminds me of the Dresden green diamond. The fire is incredible! I have to set it. I posted it below in top of an empty setting.

I also got this bright orange precision cut spessartite of 2.4 carats for $125. Not bad!!

608FF728-B13D-481F-BD93-743CA88332B6.jpeg 002A152D-502C-43E7-9848-7A9EDE3B683F.jpeg 3D24BA45-5935-43F1-B32A-A13557E2FAE7.jpeg

Great deals!!!

I shall resist the urge to contact Vance as I have so many unset gems as it…

Reactions: T L

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock

Is there a website or Instagram account? I’m curious and couldn’t find anything…

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is there a website or Instagram account? I’m curious and couldn’t find anything…

No, the owner Elke, told me she doesn’t have an online presence except FB. Check the FB link I provided. You may be able to email or FB message through that. I may go back and ask her what the best way to contact her is.

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
No, the owner Elke, told me she doesn’t have an online presence except FB. Check the FB link I provided. You may be able to email or FB message through that. I may go back and ask her what the best way to contact her is.

Oh I missed the link, sorry about that!

Sprinkles&Stones

Brilliant_Rock
I’ve purchased quite a few stones from Vance Gems! They have lovely specimens at good prices. Plus I feel they’re honest and open. It’s nice to chat with them at gem shows!

JackTrick

Brilliant_Rock

More gems.

Vancegems is fantastic! Well worth buying gems for :D

voce

Ideal_Rock
I'm dreaming about my meihua (prunus mume flower) ring and pendant project. Still waiting on the quotes, but I finally matched the spinels!

Also, I'm wondering how I should set a lavender star sapphire. I haven't taken a lot of pictures yet, but thought it kind of goes with my bluish lavender bangle? PXL_20210901_161336840.jpg PXL_20210901_160948793.jpg PXL_20210901_161305749.jpg

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Voce what size is the bangle? Asking as it seems too big for your wrist

voce

Ideal_Rock
Voce what size is the bangle? Asking as it seems too big for your wrist

63mm. This was my first batch of buys from Burmesedaze, and I didn't know how to make my hand flexible then. I prefer the 58-60 range now because although I'm always successful putting 57 on, I'm not as successful getting it off my wrist. I have a super meaty 80mm wide palm, so it's not so much about my wrist as about how I get the bangle over my hand.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
63mm. This was my first batch of buys from Burmesedaze, and I didn't know how to make my hand flexible then. I prefer the 58-60 range now because although I'm always successful putting 57 on, I'm not as successful getting it off my wrist. I have a super meaty 80mm wide palm, so it's not so much about my wrist as about how I get the bangle over my hand.

Ah ok. Glad to know you already managed to go smaller. Else I would have suggested for you to try smaller.

shelovesinclusions

Shiny_Rock
Also, I'm wondering how I should set a lavender star sapphire. I haven't taken a lot of pictures yet, but thought it kind of goes with my bluish lavender bangle?

I love your star sapphire! I put my blue grey star in a cuff to layer it with bangles, and it is awesome because it keeps the sapphire face up at all times.

Your sapphire and jade compliment each other well, can't wait to see what you do with it.

voce

Ideal_Rock
I love your star sapphire! I put my blue grey star in a cuff to layer it with bangles, and it is awesome because it keeps the sapphire face up at all times.

Your sapphire and jade compliment each other well, can't wait to see what you do with it.

Either a ring or pendant. I'm open to inspirations.

Here are the spinels that I want to set.

PXL_20210902_230410118.jpg

emeraldhummingbird

Shiny_Rock
In case anyone is interested for their CS projects, Stag and Finch has a sale on now.

swaye2010

Brilliant_Rock
I have a dark 4.76 carat sapphire that has been reset so many times. I have tried 3 stone’s but I think that it needs a cluster halo to have more diamond sparkle around it.
B F1CDFC09-4BFA-412D-AC5A-0226A0CAEB7B.jpeg

I am getting a quote for something like this with OEC’s. I want it a comfortable size so the OEC’s will have to be somewhere around 3mm or slightly smaller depending on how many it takes to go around. .
31E7E6E6-4BF6-4626-BF43-560F02995EB1.jpeg

CSpan

Brilliant_Rock
I'm waiting on 2 stones and have ideas for one setting but not the other. 7.2mm round blue sapphire, maybe a three stone, not sure yet as. I do not have it in hand.

I also have a seemingly multiplying collection of benitoite that I initially wanted to use for a necklace, just to expand my current one. Now I am totally stuck on design and I scored two larger stones that don't quite go with the rest so no idea what I'll do with them.

The little guys and then the bigguns

image.jpg

My current necklace with the expansion set.
1F69A46F-.jpg

Earrings. Not sure if I want to bezel or prong set them.
image.jpg

Any input would be welcome. I have to start a thread when I get serious.

JackTrick

Brilliant_Rock
I have a slightly wonkily cut but really beautiful sapphire that I’m starting to plan around. I’m lacking a ring with a blue stone, and I figured a well executed bezel could help hide its…assymmetry :razz:

Currently considering CvB’s Clara setting. But keeping it oval instead of octagonal. https://www.instagram.com/p/CUfxlUSvKdk/

my photoshop mockups here:
F2EAE002-E175-4F45-B7BD-9E590DB4AF18.jpeg
FFF77064-CC65-4270-B0DE-9971EE925EFE.png

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm waiting on 2 stones and have ideas for one setting but not the other. 7.2mm round blue sapphire, maybe a three stone, not sure yet as. I do not have it in hand.

I also have a seemingly multiplying collection of benitoite that I initially wanted to use for a necklace, just to expand my current one. Now I am totally stuck on design and I scored two larger stones that don't quite go with the rest so no idea what I'll do with them.

The little guys and then the bigguns

image.jpg

My current necklace with the expansion set.
1F69A46F-.jpg

Earrings. Not sure if I want to bezel or prong set them.
image.jpg

Any input would be welcome. I have to start a thread when I get serious.

Do a waterfall pendant with tiny white diamonds randomly dispersed in the pattern!!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My garnet has an inclusion, but it’s hard to see unless magnified. I’m going to have to chalk up the $$$ for a custom setting. What secondary color do you guys see in this gem? That will determine the metal color I pick. Used my husband’s iPhone camera, because mine has a problem capturing accurate color. 3F964ED1-1D53-4DE9-B1B1-2BEA3965E6E2.jpeg

CHRISTY-DANIELLE

Ideal_Rock
My garnet has an inclusion, but it’s hard to see unless magnified. I’m going to have to chalk up the $$$ for a custom setting. What secondary color do you guys see in this gem? That will determine the metal color I pick. Used my husband’s iPhone camera, because mine has a problem capturing accurate color. 3F964ED1-1D53-4DE9-B1B1-2BEA3965E6E2.jpeg

Beautiful! Love the color, almost teal? I think that you could use white or yellow gold. But I would lean toward yellow or unplated wg.

zhazha

Rough_Rock
I have a slightly wonkily cut but really beautiful sapphire that I’m starting to plan around. I’m lacking a ring with a blue stone, and I figured a well executed bezel could help hide its…assymmetry :razz:

Currently considering CvB’s Clara setting. But keeping it oval instead of octagonal. https://www.instagram.com/p/CUfxlUSvKdk/

my photoshop mockups here:
F2EAE002-E175-4F45-B7BD-9E590DB4AF18.jpeg
FFF77064-CC65-4270-B0DE-9971EE925EFE.png

Beautiful color!!! Do you mind to share vendor? I was watching adamant’s website but would like to see your recommendation. Thanks!

JackTrick

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful color!!! Do you mind to share vendor? I was watching adamant’s website but would like to see your recommendation. Thanks!

This was from thegemcollector on IG. She was great and provided me tons of photos of the stone in different lightings, including at its worst. Adamant gems tend to be better cut, but I loved this material. Unheated burmese with a GIA report.

zhazha

Rough_Rock
This was from thegemcollector on IG. She was great and provided me tons of photos of the stone in different lightings, including at its worst. Adamant gems tend to be better cut, but I loved this material. Unheated burmese with a GIA report.

Thank you, I followed her on insta. Very tempting picture !!! Looking forward to see the finished ring

CHRISTY-DANIELLE

Ideal_Rock
Currently: unusual grey spinel and French cut spinel sides off to Daniel M being set. He did a similar setting and it's just perfect for these stones.

Screenshot_20211107-092630_Gallery.jpg

After that I'm setting an all tourmaline ring:
Screenshot_20211120-163252_Photo Editor.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results