shape
carat
color
clarity

Let's talk about CS projects in progress

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow so organized! I’m very impressed. I too have a number of stones to set and some that I’m starting to think may never be set.

Same here, in thinking I may never get to set some of the CSs that were given to my main contact in China in person when I met him back in 2015!

However, using Rhodium-plated Silver and Moissanites is a game-changer!

DK :))

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
Having already once ended up with a bunch of stones with no settings, I have made a resolution to only get one stone at a time and no more until that stone is either set or sold/given away. So far, I've stuck to it but it probably won't last haha.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Decided to get these as side stones for my blue spinel...
D061E8A3-2443-487D-B955-0EC440B27B3D.jpeg

Together...
7D2C920E-C556-43FD-8C10-A87ED819CA0F.jpeg

Like this Leibish inspiration

D1608E20-AAB3-472B-9E1F-4930FE51650E.jpeg

But then hearing the estimated local setting costs (vs the HK/China benches that my jeweller used to use before travel stopped) made me pause... so I shall wait...

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
Got the necklaces back from Daniel M! He did a fab job. The sapphire is for my mother, and the spinel for my sister. The sapphire is luscious and sleepy - my mom loves bezels and I chose platinum.

The purple spinel is actually very nicely complimented with yellow gold, and it is helping me appreciate step cuts - the way it catches light is very soothing.

Forgive all of the yucky lint in the velvet...I've barely even opened these boxes!

Daniel was a true pleasure to work with, and very fast!

IMG-4384.jpg

IMG-4389.jpg

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
Got the necklaces back from Daniel M! He did a fab job. The sapphire is for my mother, and the spinel for my sister. The sapphire is luscious and sleepy - my mom loves bezels and I chose platinum.

The purple spinel is actually very nicely complimented with yellow gold, and it is helping me appreciate step cuts - the way it catches light is very soothing.

Forgive all of the yucky lint in the velvet...I've barely even opened these boxes!

Daniel was a true pleasure to work with, and very fast!

IMG-4384.jpg

IMG-4389.jpg

You are so sweet! I don't know if I could giveaway that spinel!!
Love the platinum + blue sapphire!

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
My emerald, neon pink spinel, & rose cut diamond ring is here!

I couldn't love it more!
I'm really impressed with Dan's workmanship!

I can't get an accurate picture to save the life of me, this video is as close as it gets. Man is it 10x more beautiful in person!

Make sure to click the crossed arrows to view it full screen!

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I couldn't love it more!

I can't get an accurate picture to save the life of me, this video is as close as it gets. Man is it 10x more beautiful in person!

It’s gorgeous! I love the color combo (of course) and those shoulders are devine. :love:

2Neezers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

I couldn't love it more!

It’s so beautiful @TheGarnetGirl :love: It looks perfect on you!

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
@elle_71125 Thank you so much! Again coming from one of the queens of color - that is such a compliment! I can only hope to amass such a collection of colorful gems that bring me nothing but happiness!

@2Neezers Thank you girl!!! You are too sweet! My fingers & hands are quite long so I was slightly worried that it'd sit too squat on my finger but it doesn't.

voce

Ideal_Rock

I couldn't love it more!

Wow, just beautiful! What a treat! :kiss2:

2Neezers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I enjoy wearing the lavender spinel ring I shared earlier in this thread from Holly Hague Designs so much that I sent her two additional stones to set. A pink garnet from Steve at Westview Gems and a Mint Afghan Tourmaline from Gene at Precision Gem. I forgot to take a picture of the stones before sending them out, so I took this screenshot of the stones from her Instagram.
68121B08-C3FF-48F6-8902-6244143876EE.png
The round pink garnet will be in this design, but with different enamel colors.
5951505A-0E77-47F3-817A-1E484ED45871.jpeg
The cushion mint tourmaline will be in this design, with similar enamel colors in soft blues and greens.
06129AFB-07C0-4162-BF50-8F8E62C7B151.jpeg

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
I enjoy wearing the lavender spinel ring I shared earlier in this thread from Holly Hague Designs so much that I sent her two additional stones to set. A pink garnet from Steve at Westview Gems and a Mint Afghan Tourmaline from Gene at Precision Gem. I forgot to take a picture of the stones before sending them out, so I took this screenshot of the stones from her Instagram.
The cushion mint tourmaline will be in this design, with similar enamel colors in soft blues and greens.

Saw those on her feed & thought those are some nice stones!!
I love her work & would love to have an enamel ring made.
What do you think of her prices for custom?
I wouldn't know as I'm not ready to purchase yet and haven't inquired.

2Neezers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Saw those on her feed & thought those are some nice stones!!
That is too funny :lol:

I love her work & would love to have an enamel ring made.
What do you think of her prices for custom?
I think her custom prices are very fair. I haven’t been setting much lately and haven’t priced out custom settings with other vendors recently to compare, but her prices seem very reasonable to me . She has a few listings for settings only in her Etsy store and they are in the $700-$800 price range, and the settings I’ve ordered from her in 14K gold have also fallen within that range. She’s been super nice to work with and is a colored gemstone lover too :))

Polyhex

Brilliant_Rock
Decided to get these as side stones for my blue spinel...
D061E8A3-2443-487D-B955-0EC440B27B3D.jpeg

Together...
7D2C920E-C556-43FD-8C10-A87ED819CA0F.jpeg

But then hearing the estimated local setting costs (vs the HK/China benches that my jeweller used to use before travel stopped) made me pause... so I shall wait...

They are so beautiful!! Based on recommendations from this forum I am having wonderful custom work done by Kyo at Caimao in China at what I feel is a really good price. I mailed everything to them and supplied my own diamonds so I could further control the quality/price.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
They are so beautiful!! Based on recommendations from this forum I am having wonderful custom work done by Kyo at Caimao in China at what I feel is a really good price. I mailed everything to them and supplied my own diamonds so I could further control the quality/price.

The travel bubble between Singapore and Hong Kong is starting soon so am quite hopeful that normal settings can resume soon

That is too funny :lol:

I think her custom prices are very fair. I haven’t been setting much lately and haven’t priced out custom settings with other vendors recently to compare, but her prices seem very reasonable to me . She has a few listings for settings only in her Etsy store and they are in the $700-$800 price range, and the settings I’ve ordered from her in 14K gold have also fallen within that range. She’s been super nice to work with and is a colored gemstone lover too :))

Oh I love her work. So tempted to send her a stone to set. Thanks for sharing!

2Neezers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
The majority of my settings are from Kyo :)) . I haven’t reached out to him since the pandemic started and have wondered if they are still taking orders and shipping out to other countries. I’m glad to hear they are! Just curious, did he give you a timeframe for order completion and delivery?

CSpan

Brilliant_Rock
The majority of my settings are from Kyo :)) . I haven’t reached out to him since the pandemic started and have wondered if they are still taking orders and shipping out to other countries. I’m glad to hear they are! Just curious, did he give you a timeframe for order completion and delivery?

How do you contact him?

Polyhex

Brilliant_Rock

They are still taking order, receiving stones in, and shipping out (at least to the US.) Looking back at my email, for one ring he had received all stones and CAD approval on Oct 7th, and the ring was completed on October 30th. I haven't received it yet because I was so pleased I added a second ring to be manufactured which will finish in another 3 days.

It was a few days of turnaround for each CAD modification.

How do you contact him?

Is it allowed to put a vendor email here? (if so I will) Otherwise you can contact through the jewelryhoo ebay stores or CaiMao AliExpress store and send an image of your email address to take the conversation to email.

This is the platinum ring he has finished for me so far. It's desaturated in his photography, the green and pink is a lot more vibrant in person.

Custom ring (1).jpg

Edit - adding a photo of the unset "lagoon" Afghan tourmaline. I can't wait to get this but I have to wait until Christmas to wear it!
20200907_022558251_iOS (2).jpg

Last edited:

Polyhex

Brilliant_Rock

I couldn't love it more!

It's GORGEOUS!!! Congratulations!

2Neezers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
How do you contact him?

I have always contacted him through his eBay store jewelryhoo2 . He would make me a custom listing on eBay and I would pay him and message him through eBay. I‘ve been very happy with all of my purchases from Kyo.

2Neezers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
They are still taking order, receiving stones in, and shipping out (at least to the US.) Looking back at my email, for one ring he had received all stones and CAD approval on Oct 7th, and the ring was completed on October 30th. I haven't received it yet because I was so pleased I added a second ring to be manufactured which will finish in another 3 days.

Is it allowed to put a vendor email here? (if so I will) Otherwise you can contact through the jewelryhoo ebay stores or CaiMao AliExpress store and send an image of your email address to take the conversation to email.

This is the platinum ring he has finished for me so far. It's desaturated in his photography, the green and pink is a lot more vibrant in person.

Custom ring (1).jpg

Edit - adding a photo of the unset "lagoon" Afghan tourmaline. I can't wait to get this but I have to wait until Christmas to wear it!

Wow! It’s gorgeous :love:

Polyhex

Brilliant_Rock
I have always contacted him through his eBay store jewelryhoo2 . He would make me a custom listing on eBay and I would pay him and message him through eBay. I‘ve been very happy with all of my purchases from Kyo.

If you go through email, I think you will save money (maybe 10%?) by avoiding the ebay fees (but lose ebay buyer protection.) Now that I know they did most of your rings, I will see if I can find your previous threads and drool over them! :) Thank you for the complement I can't wait to get the ring!

2Neezers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
If you go through email, I think you will save money (maybe 10%?) by avoiding the ebay fees (but lose ebay buyer protection.) Now that I know they did most of your rings, I will see if I can find your previous threads and drool over them! :) Thank you for the complement I can't wait to get the ring!

That is good to know!
I think most of my settings from Kyo, as well as settings many other have from Kyo/CaiMao can be found in this thread. I've often though there should be a Show me your CaiMao settings thread, so everyone's pieces could be found in one place for reference.

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium

These are really cool. I love those enamel colors blending perfectly with the center stones. What color enamel are you planning on?

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Custom ring (1).jpg

Oh my gosh, I LOVE this! :kiss2: A double halo, a scalloped edge, and and fantastic color combo...GOALS!

CA2E10D6-889A-43CD-873A-BE4B2242E339.gif

Polyhex

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my gosh, I LOVE this! :kiss2: A double halo, a scalloped edge, and and fantastic color combo...GOALS!

Thank you! While I need to see it in person I am so impressed with the workmanship and following my instructions from the photos. They made the prongs around the tourmaline so TINY and POINTY!

BTW... I was able to significantly lower the cost by sending diamonds from K Rosengart. They could not match her priicing.

1605281783427.png

2Neezers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Why not create one? :bigsmile:
You are right, I should! I need to take some pictures first and have been very lazy lately, but will work on it!
These are really cool. I love those enamel colors blending perfectly with the center stones. What color enamel are you planning on?
Thanks! I think the cushion will be similar to the colors shown, but I’m not sure on the pink garnet enamel colors yet. I asked Holly to pick some combinations that are darker and will contrast with the pink, so the colors won’t blend with my pinkish skin tone. I’ll come back and share what she comes up with :)).

CSpan

Brilliant_Rock
@Polyhex and @icy_jade thanks so much! I will check it out. I appreciate the advice!

That ring is gorgeous I love the color!

remetau

Rough_Rock
Jeff White finished my asscher cut blue/green parti sapphire.

"The finished sapphire is a really lovely blue-green in most lights, and shifts to a more decidedly green hue in some lights (incandescent and LED, based on my study under various lighting types). With regard to clarity, it is almost completely internally flawless and much better than eye-clean."

1.60 ct. and 5.94 x 5.94 mm

A couple stills from the video:

1600280286325.png 1600280308471.png

Planning on a setting like this Leon Mege: https://www.leonmege.com/portfolio/...iamond-step-cut-diamond-art-deco-style-detail

1600280625917.png

I was thinking about 3mm for the baguette diamond halo. And all 18k yellow gold.

My ring is done!

The stone itself is darker than I had hoped for and what I thought it would be from the rough (video linked below), but Jeff did a great job with the cut and David did a wonderful job with the ring. From Jeff, "The finished sapphire is a really lovely blue-green in most lights, and shifts to a more decidedly green hue in some lights (incandescent and LED). David says that it does appear a bit brighter in hand than the camera shows. I'm happy with the results although I think I would like to do this ring again with a something lighter that highlights the cut.

Australian sapphire 1.60 ct. and 5.94 x 5.94 mm Ascher cut by Jeff White
18k yellow gold set with 1.37cts of F color, VS clarity custom cut diamond baguettes
Video or ring:
Video of rough:

DKPV2020-11-16------EM--2.jpg
DKPV2020-11-16------EM--4.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results