shape
carat
color
clarity

Let's talk about CS projects in progress

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you so much, @elle_71125, @2Neezers and @Niffler75 !
It’s symbolic to me, both because of my anniversary, and because my 2 oldest are leaving for college ( at least I hope they will! Who knows with Corona !)

It will be so nice to FINALLY have something to wear with my pink spinel and spess bracelet. I’ve been waiting a long time. And, though this spess is more of a pure orange...more ‘sunkist’ rather than the more yellow ‘Fanta’, I fell in love with it and really admire the PSer whom I bought it from. So that won over finding a perfect match for the bracelet. I think though, with spesses, even with varying tones and saturation, they tie into each other well visually. The tricky thing might be finding the right shade and saturation of pink/fuschia side stones.

Last edited:

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just bought a 10 mm round OEC cut aqua. It's my son's birthstone. Mine is sapphire and my daughter is peridot. I am toying with having Yvonne create on of her flower rings with sapphire and russian demantoid melee (close to peridot color) in the petals and the aqua in the center. What do you guys think?

Screenshot 2020-04-15 at 10.26.33 AM.png
Screenshot 2020-04-15 at 10.18.49 AM.png
Screenshot 2020-04-15 at 10.20.09 AM.png

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just bought a 10 mm round OEC cut aqua. It's my son's birthstone. Mine is sapphire and my daughter is peridot. I am toying with having Yvonne create on of her flower rings with sapphire and russian demantoid melee (close to peridot color) in the petals and the aqua in the center. What do you guys think?

What a lovely aqua! I like the idea very much of the stone petals around it. This will protect it too:)

voce

Ideal_Rock

The colors would look good together, but I think I'd prefer a more bluish green like emerald, personally. Plus for a 10mm center stone, the demantoid sizes she has listed would look quite small. These inspiration pics are for stones in the 4-5mm range, so to get the same look your melee for the aqua would have to be bigger. Have you asked Yvonne what her thoughts are yet?

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I get ridiculously happy every time I see a CS gem in an OEC cut. The Aqua is lovely and I think it would look very pretty in a colorful halo.

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
Thank you so much for your advice @voce @elle_71125 and @Bluegemz !

The jewelers pieces are usually edgy, statement pieces like #1 and I’m really drawn to that look, but maybe not for these particular stones. I think I might ask her make me a ring like #1 in using a cabochon and oxidized silver in the future though. I will most likely play it safe with these stones and go with a traditional 3 stone bezel ring like #3. I had planned to ask her to switch the center stone orientation to N/S, but after seeing and absolutely loving It’sMainelyYou’s new 3 stone with the oval set E/W, I think I might keep my center E/W.

When I get mine on Friday, if you want to see any particular angle to help you decide on your project let me know- I'd be happy to help visualize.

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The colors would look good together, but I think I'd prefer a more bluish green like emerald, personally. Plus for a 10mm center stone, the demantoid sizes she has listed would look quite small. These inspiration pics are for stones in the 4-5mm range, so to get the same look your melee for the aqua would have to be bigger. Have you asked Yvonne what her thoughts are yet?

No I have not reached out yet. I am going to wait till I get the stone. Should be here Friday. I LOVE emeralds. I may just do what colors look pretty and not try to go all "birthstone-y." LOL!

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, beryls are awesome energetically speaking, but they need some protective and mirroring love from their owners in my experience....my suggestion would be to feel into the the subtlety and personality of your beautiful stone, once you have it, and go from there. After all, it is the center, and all other gems should be tempered by this. There are so many ways to symbolize your inspiration. It is at this point when we bow down to our amazing imagination. Just my thought-

voce

Ideal_Rock
IMG_20200415_095006.jpg
These gems were all from Yvonne (three separate purchases). I'm going to have them set into a sunflower ring from her in the near-ish future.

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
IMG_20200415_095006.jpg
These gems were all from Yvonne (three separate purchases). I'm going to have them set into a sunflower ring from her in the near-ish future.

Ooh, what a beautiful color combo...and so saturated. That’s going to be so pretty. :love:

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hot damn that pink is alive. But that shank and gallery design is damn sexy!
:love:
Whew!!!!

Thanks! Elle (TGP) made a few tweaks to the design Amy/DK and I were working on, and voilà! :D Halo will be old cuts.

2Neezers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Ok so he didn’t cut it, but I bought this sapph from Gene almost four years ago, after bugging him about it for maybe two, and I’m finally going to set it! 497F69B4-229C-4570-AE55-9E5EC8AEF324.jpeg 4993E145-DA73-43D5-B0FB-9465698A4AE6.jpeg

Wow!! I am mesmerized by that pink :love:! Can’t wait to see the finished ring!

Bonsai

Shiny_Rock

She told me she doesn’t work with gems not purchased through her???

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow!! I am mesmerized by that pink :love:! Can’t wait to see the finished ring!

I’m hoping it “sets well”. Some stones look better set, some don’t. That is definitely its most ON colour, doesn’t always look that intense, like with all pink sapphires I’ve seen IRL (more subdued in daylight). I had to pull the pic off PS, DK has had the stone so long there were no pics of it on my phone! Lol

Jupe4791

Rough_Rock
Your projects are all so gorgeous and inspirational!! I am a newbie but have spent part of this pandemic daydreaming about designing a ring. Here’s what I came up with - using Microsoft Word. I’m going to share this with the designer I’m interested in and see what they think. I’d like a delicate split/y-shank with scrolls on the end. Input welcome. Thanks again for sharing your pieces and be well!
8AAF9D4E-0230-4F47-99FF-6087429B05C7.jpeg

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Getting closer to a forever home for my gray diamond! Excite! Vendor photos since I’m waiting for it to arrive in the mail..

To house this:

So impatient! And I will have to wait longer to get it set cause my bench is closed.

2Neezers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I’m hoping it “sets well”. Some stones look better set, some don’t. That is definitely its most ON colour, doesn’t always look that intense, like with all pink sapphires I’ve seen IRL (more subdued in daylight). I had to pull the pic off PS, DK has had the stone so long there were no pics of it on my phone! Lol

I think it’s going to look beautiful set! I mean..how could it not! It’s gorgeous :love:

2Neezers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Your projects are all so gorgeous and inspirational!! I am a newbie but have spent part of this pandemic daydreaming about designing a ring. Here’s what I came up with - using Microsoft Word. I’m going to share this with the designer I’m interested in and see what they think. I’d like a delicate split/y-shank with scrolls on the end. Input welcome. Thanks again for sharing your pieces and be well!
8AAF9D4E-0230-4F47-99FF-6087429B05C7.jpeg

This is a beautiful design! Will you be making it with accents on three sides like the larger picture, or four sides like the smaller picture? What stones will you be using?

leslie1956

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
My new sunflower ring project with Yvonne has been started officially! The 5 mm lavender spinel will have a halo alternating purple sapphires and moonstones and it will be set in 14K RG. I don't have any rings with this color scheme, so i'm excited to add some new colors into the mix :) I went with rose gold because I'm a very white person with silver-grey hair and I need the extra pop of color, lol!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s here. Who knows when the benches will be open again but until then I can admire it.

Wow! This is so sophisticated and elegant. Hope you can wear it soon

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok so he didn’t cut it, but I bought this sapph from Gene almost four years ago, after bugging him about it for maybe two, and I’m finally going to set it! 497F69B4-229C-4570-AE55-9E5EC8AEF324.jpeg 4993E145-DA73-43D5-B0FB-9465698A4AE6.jpeg

That sapphire is incredible! Also, your setting looks awesome with the bigger diamond halo. Yummy! :love:

ETA: Just read you‘re going to be using old cuts in the halo. Now I really can’t wait to see it.

Pennyc

Brilliant_Rock
Well following on from previous discussions my chrysoberyl ring arrived today. It's a vintage probable mid century 14k gold. The stone is 10mm-8mm.
I am really pleased. The colour is super bright. It is shifty depending on the light and I have tried to capture this in pics. It can be vivid yellow, almost golden orange in some light, then it can lighten up to a pale yellow with almost a chartreuse colour coming through the corner fascets as you see with paler chrysoberyl stones.
Anyhow just wanted to share. The colour is certainly brightening my day! :mrgreen2:

20200409_142929.jpg 20200409_142433.jpg 20200409_142023.jpg
20200409_142244.jpg

I love this ring so much what a gorgeous colour!

CSpan

Brilliant_Rock
I have an Ophelia band in the works with Yvonne using those Panshir emeralds she has in stock (@voce has a few of the larger melee in her post). White gold just another band :)

I got my pears set in their bypass so that is done.

I'm sure you are all sick of hearing about my Sako emerald project but those CADs are done so whenever he gets back to the office.

I'm eyeing some benitoites in Yvonne's sale for a pair of earrings. However they are smallish and I'm not sure they would stand out well on my ears. Delicate and petite describes absolutely nothing about me. Sigh.

Niffler75

Brilliant_Rock
@Pennyc Aw thanks so much! I am really enjoying wearing it and the colour is very uplifting!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results