shape
carat
color
clarity

Let''s Show Off Our 2-3 Carat "Center Stones" Here!

Mamajemmy

Shiny_Rock
Do you ever detect any warmth in the diamond? Just curious bc I am going from a G to an I, that faces up like an H. I've seen it in person, but not set in my setting, which looks just like your. My current melee diamonds are F and G.

I went from a H to an better cut I and I see a difference in color but it was worth it to me for the size increase and better cut.

maibeans

Rough_Rock
I went from a H to an better cut I and I see a difference in color but it was worth it to me for the size increase and better cut.

Got it. Your ring is BEAUTIFUL! It looks very white but i know photos can be iffy. I’ve seen so many H and I diamonds here and I’d say only 15-20% show warmth and most look pretty nice up. I too am going to an I for size As well, but this ‘It luckily faces up like an H which is the main reason i am entertaining the Stone. When do you see the warmth most?

Mamajemmy

Shiny_Rock
Got it. Your ring is BEAUTIFUL! It looks very white but i know photos can be iffy. I’ve seen so many H and I diamonds here and I’d say only 15-20% show warmth and most look pretty nice up. I too am going to an I for size As well, but this ‘It luckily faces up like an H which is the main reason i am entertaining the Stone. When do you see the warmth most?

I don’t know if you can really use the pictures on PS to judge. It seems everyone posts pictures of their stones looking the absolute whitest. There are times when I can’t see a color difference at all between my I and my neighbor’s well cut G and then there are times it’s more obvious— mostly indoors. Both look amazing, just different. But, you had said you’d seen the I and we’re happy with it so I think you’ll be great! I don’t love pairing lower colored stones with higher colored small stones in a band. The contrast bugs me but it doesn’t bug many people. Would you be willing to put your I in a plain band if you don’t love it with your setting?

Mamajemmy

Shiny_Rock

Also, what size do you currently have and what size are you moving too? I had a 1.8h and moved to a 2.4 I. It’s said that the larger the stone the more color will show.

maibeans

Rough_Rock
Also, what size do you currently have and what size are you moving too? I had a 1.8h and moved to a 2.4 I. It’s said that the larger the stone the more color will show.

I am moving from a 2.27 to a 3.27. I did see the stone in person and honestly, I cannot see the difference but I think part of it is bc the center diamond was seen loose, so although I put it next to the melee diamonds of my current setting, it's not the same as the diamond set in place. The I color I am picking up is said to face like an H, and I believe it does bc I took a side by side comparison of the current G and soon-to-be I and there is no difference from even the side view where it is said to pick up the warmth from the eyes. I guess I will see Sunday and go from there. My jeweler is amazing and in both cases, I am going lower on color to get more size. I had and 1.32 E and that didn't look dif from my 2.27 G. It just seems like H and I are the way to go to gain size and not compromise color. I can deal with warmth, but if there is an actual TINT, I might be scared off. There is no commitment. Was told to wear and see how I love it. If I don't, back to the drawing board....

maibeans

Rough_Rock
Re: Let''s Show Off Our 2-3 Carat

Here's my brand new (less than a week old) 2.73 I Si2, excellent cut, no fluorescence sparkler. I am SO in love! I wish pictures did it justice! :love: :love: :love: Size 6 i think?
image_3926.jpg image_3925.jpg image_3924.jpg image_3923.jpg image_3921.jpg image_3921.jpg image_3919.jpg image_3918.jpg image_3917.jpg

Do you see warmth or tint in your I color diamond?

Mamajemmy

Shiny_Rock
I am moving from a 2.27 to a 3.27. I did see the stone in person and honestly, I cannot see the difference but I think part of it is bc the center diamond was seen loose, so although I put it next to the melee diamonds of my current setting, it's not the same as the diamond set in place. The I color I am picking up is said to face like an H, and I believe it does bc I took a side by side comparison of the current G and soon-to-be I and there is no difference from even the side view where it is said to pick up the warmth from the eyes. I guess I will see Sunday and go from there. My jeweler is amazing and in both cases, I am going lower on color to get more size. I had and 1.32 E and that didn't look dif from my 2.27 G. It just seems like H and I are the way to go to gain size and not compromise color. I can deal with warmth, but if there is an actual TINT, I might be scared off. There is no commitment. Was told to wear and see how I love it. If I don't, back to the drawing board....

I think it sounds great! And I’m sure it does face up whiter. Most extremely well cut stones do. When I see anything it’s a warmth over a tint— and really only something you see in comparison with a different higher color diamond. I’m many environments, it looks like this:

I can wait to see it. I hope you’ll post photos!

80782472-FE5A-4A1F-A722-1BB23EC0DE85.jpeg

maibeans

Rough_Rock
I think it sounds great! And I’m sure it does face up whiter. Most extremely well cut stones do. When I see anything it’s a warmth over a tint— and really only something you see in comparison with a different higher color diamond. I’m many environments, it looks like this:

If my ring looks like this, I will LOVE IT! Sunday is the day. I will be sure to come back and post. I don't even know what thread this is. I have been looking ALL DAY today....still not tired of diamonds. Thanks for all your feedback.

stonehunter20

Shiny_Rock

Is this a 2.4? It's HUGE! :kiss2: Beautiful ring btw! What's your finger size?

daisygrl

Brilliant_Rock
My CBI 2.13 - I love her to pieces. Even though she is MRB, I named her Victoria :) I would lie if I said I am not itching for a bigger size but for now, she is everything. IMG_0684.jpg IMG_1423.PNG IMG_1480.jpg IMG_1500.jpg thumbnail_IMG_1626.jpg IMG_0575.JPG

mommylawyer

Brilliant_Rock
My CBI 2.13 - I love her to pieces. Even though she is MRB, I named her Victoria :) I would lie if I said I am not itching for a bigger size but for now, she is everything. IMG_0684.jpg IMG_1423.PNG IMG_1480.jpg IMG_1500.jpg thumbnail_IMG_1626.jpg IMG_0575.JPG

Your pictures are awesome. Especially the one where your ring is casting off green light like an event horizon. :cool2:

Mamajemmy

Shiny_Rock
If my ring looks like this, I will LOVE IT! Sunday is the day. I will be sure to come back and post. I don't even know what thread this is. I have been looking ALL DAY today....still not tired of diamonds. Thanks for all your feedback.

Did you get your ring?? Do you love it?!

maibeans

Rough_Rock
Did you get your ring?? Do you love it?!

OMG, I did and I LOVE LOVE LOVE it. I will be honest, I'm a reformed color snob. My mom is a huge diamond person and she played a part in helping with my original engagement ring, which was an E. I'll take it, but my hubs prob didn't need to go that high in color. Five years later, I upgraded in size (one whole carat) and we went with a G, which i think faces up more like an F. Now I have an I, which faces up like an H. Is there settle warmth, yes, but it's hard to detect and in most cases you can't see. it's pretty white to me. I will try to download some photos shortly.....hang tight

daisygrl

Brilliant_Rock
Living room.... Living Room Dim Lights.jpg

Ugh... so small (JK)... It looks beautiful and faces up white. I have 2.13 H color and I am entertaining the idea of going up in size. But in order to do so, I would have to get an I, which I am afraid of. My H (super-deal) does not look much different than my D-E studs (hue is only visible from the side.) But eventually, I think I would rather have a bigger stone... hope it is worth the color compromise. Enjoy yours!

Last edited:

maibeans

Rough_Rock
Ugh... so small (JK)... It looks beautiful and faces up rather white. I have 2.13 H color and I am entertaining the idea of going up in size. But in order to do so, I would have to get an I, which I am afraid of. My H (super-deal) does not look much different than my D-E studs (hue is only visible from the side.) But eventually, I think I would rather have a bigger stone... hope it is worth the color compromise. Enjoy yours!

Right? I mean I can really use a five carat. I will have to say, this is the doing of our jeweler. He is SOOO great bc I originally said no lower than an H, but he found this I that said faces up like an H. I told him no commitment, but I will check it out. It looked like my G color. Don’t be afraid of the I color, however I will advise you to see it in person. Online purchases are fine if your stone is smaller, but anything beyond two carats, you def want to see in person as I read larger stones show warmth a lot easier. And, be ‘open’ to a Very Good cut, which is what mine is.

I feel compelled to do a whole thread on what I learned about diamonds while upgrading bc I will say, it’s nice to be able to get the best of the best, but as we all know, unless you have a money tree in your yard, you have to make some compromises. This is my third and final diamond. The first diamond and this one are Very Good cuts and the one I just traded in was Excellent cut. Couldn’t tell the difference between all three. Why? Bc of our JEWELER. Both times with the VG cut, he said he got us the closest thing to an EX cut, without it jeopardizing its bling. I was all about the EX cut until we did the first upgrade and I was shocked to learn my original ring was an VG, but that didn’t stop that sucker from shining bright. I had no input in that bc I had no idea the hubby was proposing after FIVE months of dating. Man, that’s a story on its own……. :)

maibeans

Rough_Rock
@maibeans I truly can't see much warmth at all! It looks super white from all angles.

@Moonie Thanks! The 'warmth' is really minimal and really dependent on lighting. I'd say a good amount of the time, there is no warmth, but i will see it here and there. The most warmth you'll see is in the side view photo I posted, if you can zoom into it. But I also know most people's idea of warmth is different. I can see it, but it doesn't bother me. The real test will be my MOM. Eeks!

jBright

Shiny_Rock
You guys. I just drooled through the ENTIRE thread! I can’t wait to contribute one day, hopefully sooner rather than later. My bf just ordered a loose diamond from JA - but they currently have it flagged and asked him for additional information! Hopefully they’re just verifying him and haven’t sold the diamond to someone else :(.

And you guys are also making me second guess myself. I was in such fear of a yellow tint that I got a G. But I feel like with all of the beautiful diamonds I’ve seen on here I could’ve gone bigger with a lower color!!

hope to report back in a month or two w a contribution of my own ;-)!

maibeans

Rough_Rock
You guys. I just drooled through the ENTIRE thread! I can’t wait to contribute one day, hopefully sooner rather than later. My bf just ordered a loose diamond from JA - but they currently have it flagged and asked him for additional information! Hopefully they’re just verifying him and haven’t sold the diamond to someone else :(.

And you guys are also making me second guess myself. I was in such fear of a yellow tint that I got a G. But I feel like with all of the beautiful diamonds I’ve seen on here I could’ve gone bigger with a lower color!!

hope to report back in a month or two w a contribution of my own ;-)!

Good luck with your purchase. Your G should be totally fine. I just gave up my G for an I (faced up like an H) to gain some size. My G was very white like an F (see attached).

10.jpg

jBright

Shiny_Rock
Good luck with your purchase. Your G should be totally fine. I just gave up my G for an I (faced up like an H) to gain some size. My G was very white like an F (see attached).

10.jpg

Thanks @maibeans :kiss2: Your rings are to die for!!! And your new upgrade! hubba hubba!

I told my bf that this will be my forever ring a 2.03. But hanging around here... w everyones’ upgrades is going to be hard!!!:wall:

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I received my upgrade! I'll post more details later, but for now here is my 2.3, J, VVS1, size 4.5 in platinum. :)

IMG_4701.jpg
IMG_4710.jpg
IMG_4661.jpg

Beautiful! Congrats on the upgrade!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results